Following on from DET article: Pick your side.

Ambitious

Really don't get this Buxton thing I really don't. He's just an average centre back that's all for me and it's my opinion it'll never change. Don't forget I was spoilt with the likes of Todd and Roy Mac and Stimac.

Hendrick did nothing wrong when he came on at Brum yet people were trying to blame him for the Brum 2nd goal and that's really fickle it was Bamfords bad pass and then the defense just didn't defend .

The 3rd Brum goal was a complete defensive cock up from a corner end of and on Brums 1st goal the scorer had a massive free header and so much space it was unbelievable where were the CBs!

Yo may have been brought up on Todd and Roy McFarland but it is ridiculous to compare anyone with them. Other people have tried to hold your hand over the Birmingham goals but obviously you could not take it in. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo may have been brought up on Todd and Roy McFarland but it is ridiculous to compare anyone with them. Other people have tried to hold your hand over the Birmingham goals but obviously you could not take it in.

But I would say you were an ardent NC fan and a leopard never changes it's spots .

Buxton will always be a star in your eyes because he came from non league and NC signed him and he's our Roy Rovers made good

Roy Mac was signed from Tranmere Rovers for a snip by Brian Clough he new the importance of a solid defense his teams were built around that. At Forest he had Kenny Burns and Larry Lloyd and won European cups.

Steve Mac knows the foreign market I'm sure he could find better than Buxton and for that matter Keogh or Whitbread and Obrien.

No options at the back though where we are extremely weak. I think Mac may regret not giving Keane a decent run, he will prove to be a better defender than any we have, even playing him in one of the full-back positions, or even shifting Keogh to right-back, how that has turned out he surely may wish he acted in a different way.

A stronger back four and Eustace wouldn't be needed and Hendrick could come in, a firing Hendrick would make us a better team. Ward should always play, Dawkins has done well for us, so those two wide. Bamford I can understand fans wanting in , Russell not so, lacks that surge of pace to get away from most defenders at this level.

Our midfield needs a player like Eustace to be able to function fluently. Without him or someone like him, our midfield would be lightweight.

But I would say you were an ardent NC fan and a leopard never changes it's spots .

Buxton will always be a star in your eyes because he came from non league and NC signed him and he's our Boy Rovers made good

You don't get any better do you?

Let me make my position clear to you again as I do recall doing immediately after NC got fired.

1. I was reasonably happy with the team at the time that Clough was fired. I was enjoying the football - I like a passing game. When he was fired, although I didn't like the timing, that is football. I was and am still, very happy with the appointment of SMc et al - a case of the King is Dead, long live the King.

2. Buxton in my eyes and clearly in a lot of other peoples eyes is a very good Championship defender. Nothing to do with him coming from non league and Clough signing him, and everything to do with his effectiveness.

Our midfield needs a player like Eustace to be able to function fluently. Without him or someone like him, our midfield would be lightweight.

Thats why Thorne I believe will turn out to be a very good signing as he can supplement for Eustace in that holding roll which should protect the back 4 in theory to stop poor goals going in !

Roy Mac was signed from Tranmere Rovers for a snip by Brian Clough he new the importance of a solid defense his teams were built around that. At Forest he had Kenny Burns and Larry Lloyd and won European cups.

Steve Mac knows the foreign market I'm sure he could find better than Buxton and for that matter Keogh or Whitbread and Obrien.

What on Earth is the point you are trying to make now?? Roy Mac may have been signed for £25K but Colin Todd was signed for several times that and their partner on the left for a British record at the time.

I could find better players than Buxton, Keogh, Whitbread and O'Brien, but Old Boy, we have to work within a budget (just to explain, that means that we only have so much money to spend on transfers and wages). Can I be of any further help??

You don't get any better do you?

Let me make my position clear to you again as I do recall doing immediately after NC got fired.

1. I was reasonably happy with the team at the time that Clough was fired. I was enjoying the football - I like a passing game. When he was fired, although I didn't like the timing, that is football. I was and am still, very happy with the appointment of SMc et al - a case of the King is Dead, long live the King.

2. Buxton in my eyes and clearly in a lot of other peoples eyes is a very good Championship defender. Nothing to do with him coming from non league and Clough signing him, and everything to do with his effectiveness.

Ok now comment about the post on statistics I did 25 minutes ago .

PS If you had been in Sam Rush position NC would still be Rams manager yes or no answer will do

What on Earth is the point you are trying to make now?? Roy Mac may have been signed for £25K but Colin Todd was signed for several times that and their partner on the left for a British record at the time.

I could find better players than Buxton, Keogh, Whitbread and O'Brien, but Old Boy, we have to work within a budget (just to explain, that means that we only have so much money to spend on transfers and wages). Can I be of any further help??

I thought Buxton was a bargain was he in budget then ! Is there any other gems out there in non league.

The point is Jim Smith managed to find Gary Rowett and Igor Stimac and Jacob Laursen etc for snips.

If Steve Mac looked hard enough in the European market he could find better defenders than Cloughie brought in to the Rams.

My point is statistics can be manipulated with highlights and they don't always assess individual performances. If you look at a lot of these highlights you could come to many conclusions about individual players and who made mistakes etc etc .

The Opta index I also believe is not the be all and end all. I'm sure Alex Ferguson didn't give it much credence.

I think people need to base how good a team are by watching them for 90 minutes over many games only then can you really judge a trend about the way things are going . ie team ethic , effort, skill ,tactics etc etc.

As regards certain players peoples views will differ.

Overall the Rams have been very good this season but they still need to improve and how they go about that is mostly opinion based.

Most RAMs fans rate Bucko but I still have doubts about him myself but I also have some doubts about Keogh at times .

Basically we attack very well but defensively the Rams need to tighten up let's hope it happens aginst QPR

Errr... you are the one who has put a load of highlights on here to attempt to make a point. You remind me of the Mother watching her son marching at a passing out parade and saying "My Billy is the only one marching in step". To explain the analogy - you say that "Most RAMs fans rate Bucko" yet you think you are right but give no credible evidence to back up your viewpoint.

Errr... you are the one who has put a load of highlights on here to attempt to make a point. You remind me of the Mother watching her son marching at a passing out parade and saying "My Billy is the only one marching in step". To explain the analogy - you say that "Most RAMs fans rate Bucko" yet you think you are right but give no credible evidence to back up your viewpoint.

Im always right lol.

To most people Buxton has done his fair share in a successful season. Ambitious has backed this opinion up with stats and visible proof that Derby don't actually play deep. Most the time our formation resembles 343 or 334!!!

Now I could say 'what more do you want? A picture?'

But you had:

Stats

Avg player positions for the last two games (the ones you've blamed on Buxton

Several people defending Buxton.

You've got an agenda and you're not willing to budge. You've got it in for Jake Buxton and so you're opinion on him isn't really worth listening to because its bitter and twisted.

You accuse him of something and then they prove to you it's not true. So then you start making out people have said something they haven't (like they've heaped praise on him when they haven't)

Now you're bringing up poor performances under a different manager.

Would you like me to go search for that Keogh thread so you can look up his constant howlers?

Don't worry, I won't waste my time because I know you've just got a hard on for hating Buxton.

Just like you won't accept any criticism of Hendrick. Yet you give people stick for being 'a Nigel Clough fan' instead of a 'Rams fan'.

Here's me,

I don't give a fook about Hendrick or Buxton. Hendrick is a ball watcher and Buxton is an average CB. I don't give a fook about any player. I like Martin and Hughes and Forsyth because they're good for Derby. When they stop being good for Derby then I'll stop liking them. I'm a Derby fan. I don't give **** about individuals. I'm not a cult follower of any player. None. I enjoy good players and when a better player comes along I don't give a **** about what happens the player he replaces. Not a toss.

I've not got it in for Hendrick and I'm not a fan of Buxton.

Keane was *****. I don't care if he came from Man United or Field Lane FC. I don't care what Leicester thought or what Forest thought or anyone. He wasn't good. That's why he's gone. Vanished. Finito. Goodbye.

You however have a grudge. You have favourites and you have players you dislike. It's very boring and I won't be taking anything you say seriously from now on.

In my whole time on the DET and here I have never found anyone who I want to ignore. I read most post and come on here with an open mind. I'm willing to have my mind changed by knowledgeable people. But you mate, you have an axe to grind.

I give up. Bon voyage.

I don't think there's much wrong, Thorne in to give Eustace a rest, and see what he can do,

Grant

Wisdon   Keogh    Buxton   Forsythe

Thorne

Hughes     Bryson    Dawkins

Martin      Ward

2nd half   Bring on Bamford, Russell  Hendrick  after 60 mins depending on whats happening!

Ok now comment about the post on statistics I did 25 minutes ago .

PS If you had been in Sam Rush position NC would still be Rams manager yes or no answer will do

Christ on a bike, Curtains. You do post some utter tosh on occasion - and they are your good days. Keep it up - it's good for a giggle.

Archived