George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would, if I had the cash, quite happily pay £1.5m - £2m for Thorne, I think that's a great price.

Yeh but what would you do with him?

You would need the rest of a team, stadium, fans... just having George Thorne at your house would be a waste of £1.5m in my book.... oh plus he would want paying.... expensive toy that.

The source is Nixon so take it as you want (please, no more Nixon opinions). He reckons West Brom are being hard negotiators and want an offer they can't refuse. He estimates this may be between £1.5m and £2m.

Whatever it takes, just do it.

I still fancy him to be here for pre-season  :)

Yeh but what would you do with him?

You would need the rest of a team, stadium, fans... just having George Thorne at your house would be a waste of £1.5m in my book.... oh plus he would want paying.... expensive toy that.

I would sell him on to DCFC on a free transfer. They would pay his wages and give me a box for each home game with unlimited Dominos (the pizza, not the classic time filling game) and alcohol.

You act like I haven't thought through what to do with my imaginary millions.

We have to be patient. Thorne could be considering Irvine's words. There's still no guarantee he would be first team football at West Brom. Irvine is no Steve McClaren. The reason we have and will get great loan players is because teams see his great man management and his approach to giving having a constructive relationship with his players, consequentially Champions League teams see Derby as a great place to give their young stars a chance at developing properly and getting games. On Thorne, of course back when he first signed nobody expected the sort of impact he would have on the team. And with West Brom not being a champions league team, we should have a higher chance at getting him. If he still wants out Irvine and Pearce the clown should let him go. Optimistic we could still get him for 1.5-2 million if he still wants out.

I would still like to keep Bryson, has it been confirmed he wants away?

No. Neither has it been officially denied but, still, no.

Some people are being a bit daft and coming to the conclusion that he wants to leave because he hasn't signed a new contract, when he doesn't need a new contract as he still has 2 years on his current one.

Not many teams can afford to keep all their players on 3 year deals, extending it every year, and neither can they afford to have many players on 4/5 year contracts and renew them every 2 years.

Archived