George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to hear that Pat Murphy (BBC Midlands correspondent) thinks that WBA, or more specifically Peace, will put spin on this announcement by saying that Irvine was always there first choice, despite Sherwood passing up the chance before they gave it to Irvine.

Peace living up to his reputation of "my way or highway" again, but is it to there detriment? I don't know if Irvine is any good, apparently he is a good coach, and presumably a yes man...but if he says he doesn't need Thorne will it actually change anything?

Having a look at his win percentage at both of his previous clubs and they aren't actually bad at all. 40% win ratio at both. 

Also with him being a former youth director and coach I'd imagine he'd be big on youth.

I have absolutely no idea what his playing philosophy is, I never really paid attention to Wednesday or Preston

Does this mean that Peace didn't take too kindly to Sherwood's ultimatum?

A brief glimpse at the WBA fans' reaction on Twitter suggests that Peace is very unpopular, being described as "only in it for the money" and "lacking ambition". It would explain why he tends to hold out for large transfer fees. 

Get Jeremy Peace out of our club. @WBAFCofficial.

@WBAFCofficial Tell Jeremy Peace he can have my season ticket back first thing Monday morning. PEACE OUT.

I'd love to see Alan Irvine prove me wrong .. but I have major doubts. Jeremy Peace has proven he isn't concerned about the club #noambition

Got a good mind to ram my season ticket up Jeremy Peace's arse

@WBAFCofficial Jeremy peace you are a joke tim sherwood would of been great for the club but yet again you are to tight #******

If I was George Thorne, I'd be kicking and screaming (more than he is) to get out.

Absolutely horrendous appointment, there is no two ways about it.

Sherwood was bad enough, but Irvine? Jesus.

It'd be as bad as Leeds hiring Dolan and the t'other bloke.

I love our owners, I think we are one of the most fortunate clubs in terms of how we are run, the sourcing of investment, development of youth etc, no wonder players are now noticing us and wanting to play in an environment that hands players the perfect conditions to play their football and not be destracted by off field stupidity.

Out of the frying pan (Sherwood), into the fire (Irvine). The only problem for us is that surely all the half dozen midfielders ahead of Thorne in the WBA reckoning will surely also now hand in transfer requests. Maybe he'll be the first name on the team sheet there after all? :blink:

Out of the frying pan (Sherwood), into the fire (Irvine). The only problem for us is that surely all the half dozen midfielders ahead of Thorne in the WBA reckoning will surely also now hand in transfer requests. Maybe he'll be the first name on the team sheet there after all? :blink:

Will be turned down. I heard they have one hell of a chairman. Business genius.

PistoldPete2

WBA fans should thanking George Thorne. Without him, we wouldn't give  monkeys about their new manager!

This guy Peace seems to be mis-named. He seems to pick  fights all over the place.   

Archived