George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their chairman hasn't got a clue.

He's no a shrewd negotiator, WBA are just a selling club and he wants to line his pockets.

Sacked 2 managers this season.

Sold their top scorer to a relegation rival whilst in the middle of a relegation battle, didnt replace him.

Can see why Thorne doesn't want to be there, with the fact they are a selling club and all the dressing room bust-ups they have.

Probably hard to feel wanted when you have no team spirit and a new manager every 6 months,

We really want Thorne, he wants to come to us, but WBA are being treated a bit shabbily by him. Can't imagine WBA will be loaning us any other players in the near future, can you?  And I wonder what other Prem clubs will say when they see this?  Are they going to want to lend us players if they think this could happen? I don't believe Derby have behaved in any way improperly but it doesn't look good from the outside.

West Brom fans have a right to be annoyed and we would be too if roles are reversed. (I want him to come, to be clear)

But I certainly won't start disliking a club which lent us Thorne in the first place and which are possibly the only wronged party in all this.

To be honest, it all looks like a bit of media play. I honestly expect Peace and Rush to be having a giggle about it behind the scenes while discussing the real talking point, which is how much Derby are willing to pay, particularly taking into account that their new manager might change direction and want him to stay and play in the first team next season.

People get far too worked up about media reports to be honest. I seriously doubt that West Brom or Derby are going to be worked up at all behind the scenes. The fans might get worked up, but we're just sheep to the media most of the time, we lap up whatever nonsense they want to throw into the narrative.

To simple facts on loans is that the club is quite well connected, have demonstrated that loaned youngsters have the opportunity to do well here, and that they'll get experience playing good football.

Anyone who is feeling annoyed at West Brom fans because of a minority of twits, should realize that many aren't going to like our side, again, for a minority of twits. Don't let the media play us off against another club like that.

Not too used to air routes in Europe, but I'm pretty sure Dubai to London is one of the standard international flights.

I dunno, you really have to go out of your way to get to a small town like london...must be QPR :(

PistoldPete2

Says George

Back to London.. Dubai produced "https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f604" title="Smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes" alt="1f604">"https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f44f" title="Clapping hands sign" alt="1f44f">

Dubai produced sun and clap? Sounds like a typical 18-30 holiday.

Archived