The demise of Forest

ladyram

Agreed – absolutely key to getting out of this league is having a team that is good enough to comfortably beat the poor teams and clever enough to grind out results against the good teams that don't let you play.

Look at Leicester – last season they were a lot like us this season. Loads of nice football and wins against the poor teams, but came unstuck when faced with a team who stopped them playing.

This season they are running away with it now they've sorted that out. The game against us at the start of the season set their scene – very organised defending and then one flukey goal and we barely got a sniff after that

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was just the SE corner. Only about 4,000. Of which I was part of and I didn't sing it myself. Looked around and saw a lot of people embarrassed by it. So I'd be surprised if more than 4,000 people sang it.

Doesn't bother me what you sing tbh. Just songs.

Just not a fan of the raining coins and bottles of piss at your ground. I'm trying to watch Big Willy Hughes and Craig Tyson Bryson kick lumps out Simon Cox to stop him performing.

I was in the NE corner. Could tell things were kicking off at the away end, but at the time I had no  idea why. It was when barker was lying injured.

The Rams fans version of events seems consistent with what I was hearing ; it was at he away end, only a minority, and in retaliation for something they were singing about Barks. 

No justification for either set of singing, the club has apologised for what our fans were singing but I havent heard any apology for what Forest fans were singing. Barker is still out with the same injury 2 years later.And no, Red Dawn it wasnt the vast majority of Derby's 30,000 fans singing.

Unfair for me to comment in your performances as I've only seen you twice. Vs forest and QPR. Both times no style or flair was present. Just a lot of close lines, head locks and elbows.

QPR match was truly shocking

To get out of this division you have to fight fire with fire. Thuggish teams like QPR, Forest, Wigan etc. need to be

battled. Win the fight then play if you have the chance. Sometimes though it's just a case of winning the fight. Don't worry I'm sure the lads will be up for the fight when you come to town. Don't forget to wipe your feet on the way in though.

Come on Dawny, Cohen wasn't even in your squad for that game  :lol:

Yes he wasn't in the squad, the chant was started  after we kicked the ball out for Barker to receive treatment.

I.e showing what you should have done in the earlier fixture. That's why it was sung

I was in the NE corner. Could tell things were kicking off at the away end, but at the time I had no  idea why. It was when barker was lying injured.

The Rams fans version of events seems consistent with what I was hearing ; it was at he away end, only a minority, and in retaliation for something they were singing about Barks. 

No justification for either set of singing, the club has apologised for what our fans were singing but I havent heard any apology for what Forest fans were singing. Barker is still out with the same injury 2 years later.And no, Red Dawn it wasnt the vast majority of Derby's 30,000 fans singing.

The idea of the 'vast majority of Derby's 30,000 fans singing' is as laughable as Dawny's usual 'versions of the truth'.

!0,000 of those are in the Toyota Stand for a start.

Yes he wasn't in the squad, the chant was started  after we kicked the ball out for Barker to receive treatment.

I.e showing what you should have done in the earlier fixture. That's why it was sung

Alrate fair enough .... but are you saying you didn't hear any chants about 'leaving Barker to die'?

The referee should have stopped the game if he felt it necessary. Take it up with him.

Actually, the ref should have booked the blade of grass that wilfully legged Cohen up, and the stiff breeze that sent him hurtling over said blade of grass, well I don't know how that didn't see a straight red. Blatant.

Actually, the ref should have booked the blade of grass that wilfully legged Cohen up, and the stiff breeze that sent him hurtling over said blade of grass, well I don't know how that didn't see a straight red. Blatant.

Didn't Cohen try and leave a mark on Hendrick and injured himself because of his own reckless, wild challenge?

Never let the truth get in the way Edward? I think you'll find there were barely any Forest fans chanting that, and that your disgusting Doughty chants (from a huge majority of the 30 thousand Derby fans) was in response to us chanting, "only one Chris Cohen"'.

I.e when we kicked the ball out so Barker could get treatment. Funny that,

Don't let that get in the way of your tale though.

Nice demonstration of selective memory there. "Huge Majority" my butt - it was one corner of the stadium next to the Forest fans. Probably a hundred or so tasteless Derby fans at best. 

The chant "where's your chairman gone" was started by a few with even the majority of the SE corner refusing to join in.

After Barker was injured and the treetards were singing about leaving him to die, That when we started singing " You've got what you wanted, You wanted him gone" 

I know this for a fact because it was me that started that song.

The club also apologised (wrongly in my opinion) about those chants, Yet nothing came from them about the Barker chants or about the songs about the Philpotts the season after. Just like the scousers, Always the victims.

Nice demonstration of selective memory there. "Huge Majority" my butt - it was one corner of the stadium next to the Forest fans. Probably a hundred or so tasteless Derby fans at best. 

Selective memory? There was so many joining in with the 'going down with your chairman' chant reporting suggested it could be heard over the radio you plank.

Bare in mind I was there, and could  see left and right  folk  joining in laughing and giving it the thumbs down in our direction.

The chant "where's your chairman gone" was started by a few with even the majority of the SE corner refusing to join in.

After Barker was injured and the treetards were singing about leaving him to die, That when we started singing " You've got what you wanted, You wanted him gone" 

I know this for a fact because it was me that started that song.

The club also apologised (wrongly in my opinion) about those chants, Yet nothing came from them about the Barker chants or about the songs about the Philpotts the season after. Just like the scousers, Always the victims.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Archived