The demise of Forest

ladyram

Hasn't anything ridiculous happened at the sh!tty ground this week yet? They're usually good for at least one crisis / comedy moment / falling out each week!

We might be getting Froch- Groves 2 at the City Ground.

Oh wait ridiculous? Sorry that falls under the category of AWESOME

Thanks for the kind comments btw everyone.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be good for him to get put on his arse infront of his only fans.

He'll lose. They had to threaten him to get him to fight. He was 'considering my options. I've beaten Groves so I don't have to fight him again to prove anything'

'Beaten'? Hmmm kinda not really.

Can't hide anymore.

This is the biggest myth on this forum....we weren't the better side when we beat west brom...... Check out how many more points we got than they did that season... We were a LOT better then they were. We were the third best team in he league.

The play offs are not a lottery at all.

We finished above them, but they had a stronger team. I doubt anyone can deny that, 

We were a Billy Davies side, hard-working, percentage driven and well drilled. We didn't really have that much ability in the side, we relied on a lot on Steve Howard, at the time it was easy to get caught up in the excitement.

However, the football we played was dour(ish) - it showed when we got promoted just how weak we were. 

Southampton had a stronger side as well, IMO of course.

Be good for him to get put on his arse infront of his only fans.

He'll lose. They had to threaten him to get him to fight. He was 'considering my options. I've beaten Groves so I don't have to fight him again to prove anything'

'Beaten'? Hmmm kinda not really.

Can't hide anymore.

The referee stopped the fight, and saved Groves from a real pasting.

I don't see how that can not be considered 'beaten'.

And yes I am a Forest/Froch fan but I was ringside and saw it unfolding with my own eyes. Dont let Groves constant twitter campaign fool you, his legs were gone, was done.

The referee stopped the fight, and saved Groves from a real pasting.

I don't see how that can not be considered 'beaten'.

And yes I am a Forest/Froch fan but I was ringside and saw it unfolding with my own eyes. Dont let Groves constant twitter campaign fool you, his legs were gone, was done.

Not how the suits saw it. Or they wouldn't be threatening Froch to fight again.

If he's done him once then he shouldn't be worried.

Froch for me is the best average fighter in boxing.

He is average, but his bloody good at being average. Even though he is taller and heavier...etc you'd still expect Mayweather to paste him in the first round. 

He thinks he is special and one of the greatest ever, therefore I would love to see him absolutely decimated and proven to be average like I suspect him to be. 

Not how the suits saw it. Or they wouldn't be threatening Froch to fight again.

If he's done him once then he shouldn't be worried.

Who says he's worried?

I think his reasoning is more than acceptable. Fought him once, beat him. Why does he need to fight again. Personally tho I think this time around I believe the fight needs to happen at the city ground to get him motivated for it.

I hope he gets beat anyway.

Now onto serious talk. We've had a count up and we've sold 710 tickets for Sheffield Wednesday. That figure could rise to 711, we're awaiting confirmation.

That's 710 almost a week before the game.

Points in the bag

We finished above them, but they had a stronger team. I doubt anyone can deny that, 

We were a Billy Davies side, hard-working, percentage driven and well drilled. We didn't really have that much ability in the side, we relied on a lot on Steve Howard, at the time it was easy to get caught up in the excitement.

However, the football we played was dour(ish) - it showed when we got promoted just how weak we were. 

Southampton had a stronger side as well, IMO of course.

In your opinon of course, not factually correct of course.

We were better than West Brom, we were better than Southampton and we thouroughly deserved to go up.

Let's get one thing straight here just because third place doesn't get promoted and sixth does, that doesn't mean it's a Lottery it means that six place played better than third in the play offs.

Lottery definition:

a situation whose success or outcome is governed by chance.

Erm, Cup games are decided by chance. If they weren't, then the CL winner or FA Cup winner would be the same 2 or 3 teams every year and what would be the point in having the competition?.

You can't honestly think that a 2-legged matchup followed by a final between 4 equal teams can be anything other than chance.

When Man City won the FA Cup final against Man Utd who was the better team? Well City on the day, but the league table showed United were about 10 points clear at the top of the league.

You say that the 6th placed team was better than the 3rd isn't a lottery. That whole game can be decided by one incident. Just like Leicester vs Watford.

So Watford were better than Leicester in the playoffs last year? Yet had Knockheart scored either the penalty or the easy rebound then Leicester would have been better? 

Your whole 'better' arguement you're putting down on whether or not a player scores a penalty (which is like 75/25) that he would.

Reports say it will be a major English football ground so no chance it will be at the CG. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2557840/Froch-versus-Groves-rematch-ON-Fight-year-coming-football-stadium-near-May.html

Archived