The demise of Forest

ladyram

Who's their left back

Looks dodgy to me

He was very good yesterday in fairness, especially in the build up attacking play. 

Yesterday we didn't have a weak link, well, I didn't think so. In recent months it has been Wisdom, but he has been very good in the past 2 games. 

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Non of those things were said by me.

Personally I think your greatest asset is team togetherness. You have over performed but deserve all the credit you ve had.

If we've overperformed that would mean that our players are playing above themselves.

Honestly, I'd like to know which players in the Championship would get in ahead of our front six.

With the style of play that we have and the way they play, I don't see anyone doing a better job than Chris Martin, I don't see that many wingers faster than Ward/Russell/Dawkins, George Thorne is the best DM outside the PL, I don't see anyone with the ball ability of Will Hughes, and I don't see anyone with the goals and assists of Craig Bryson.

I'm not saying we have all the best players... I'm sureyou could say Leicester's front six would get in ahead of ours because they finished higher than us...Buuuut, our system is perfect to suit our players. And I don't think playing this way we are overperforming at all..

Our defence is abit suspect - but they're not bad. 

Stoners, by what yardstick are you assuming we have over performed? Could it be your own preconceived ideas?

It's probably down to the fact that they (Forest fans in general) wrote our entire side off at the start of the season as 'NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR NOTTINGHAM FOREST (™)', stating that there '…wasn't a single Derby player who would get into their side' and calling Jake Buxton a 'Sunday Pub League Hoofer'.

Judging by those statements, we have definitely over-performed in the eyes of Forest fans.

I went for 6th, there's a thread somewhere that'll prove that. I expected two other clubs (no names, no pack drill  ;) ) to put up more of a fight so all we've done is capitalised on their ineptitude.

Happy days.  :)

I went for Forest first, us 24th, but I was kidding.

s

So u thought ud finish third?

Nope, thought we would finish 7th - 10th with an outside chance of 6th.

Expected better out of your lot, but thanks for the entertainment.  Also your capitulation to Brighton gave us an easy semi final, cheers for that as well.

Archived