The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think 11th is a great position

(for our reserve side) ;)

Well, many of the LTLFers were saying that Forest were in for a great season because your reserve side would finish mid-table, so that's all right then.

Incidentally, Forest have only used 2 more players than Derby this season, and about 6 less than QPR.

I think it would be a travesty if Derby don't go up this season.

Brighton, Reading and QPR would definitely come straight back down IMO.

Wigan might do alright and survive, they've got a solid squad already and a good manager who proved in the FA Cup they can mix it.

I think it would be a travesty if Derby don't go up this season. Brighton, Reading and QPR would definitely come straight back down IMO. Wigan might do alright and survive, they've got a solid squad already and a good manager who proved in the FA Cup they can mix it.
Yep Wigan or derby for me Edit love to see QPR not go up and have to sell al their players

You know if the roles were reversed, I'd hate to see Forest go up. Hate it. But QPR? With Redknapp and all those mercenaries? Talking about being a boutique club?

There's times when seeing your rivals win can be bearable.

If QPR got up they'd spend sooooo many millions more. They'd probably end up just staying up with a squad that should achieve top 8!!

You know if the roles were reversed, I'd hate to see Forest go up. Hate it. But QPR? With Redknapp and all those mercenaries? Talking about being a boutique club?

There's times when seeing your rivals win can be bearable.

If QPR got up they'd spend sooooo many millions more. They'd probably end up just staying up with a squad that should achieve top 8!!

The trouble with trying to make a purse out of a sow's ear is that no matter how many sequins you sew on it, it's still a sow's ear.

There endeth today's lesson. 

Well, many of the LTLFers were saying that Forest were in for a great season because your reserve side would finish mid-table, so that's all right then.

Incidentally, Forest have only used 2 more players than Derby this season, and about 6 less than QPR.

The reserve side clearly would struggle as many of the players who looked like they were decent back up are not good enough!

It seems a perennial thing with us that is always "next year" for whatever reason.

I am concerned about our long-term future under Fawaz as well as I feel he will get fed up of putting his money in and would not tolerate a fraction of the criticism that was directed at Doughty. Added to the fact I do not see Pearce being a good manager.

On the other hand, my friend made a good point. No matter how bad we have it, it is generally worse at Leeds :lol:

I think Forest are at their peak at this current point in time, there is a lot to do to get them to the next stage, both on and off the field.  It needs to be stabilised and built back up from the ground, and it will take years.

We started that with Nigel Cloughs arrival, an unknown ability, but a respected name, and we had four years of slightly above average football whilst the crap was cleared academy rebuilt, squad overhauled and with a recession that arrived the hatches were battened down and we rode the finincial storm, mainly thanks to Tom Glick generating revenue streams for a mid table championship club, hence why Man City came calling.  Then stage 2, Sam Rush and eventually Steve Mc.  Its not job done, not by a long way.  If we go up its a lot of hard work, if we stay here its still as much hard work to push for promotion again next season.  However we have a stable club.

Good post McRamFan. Nowt to disagree with there.  Forest have a long hard road ahead of them, maybe Pearce is the man, maybe not.

However, I think it will need a lot of patience (up to 5years, coz Davies did a lot of damage) and I don't think Fawaz has got that.

Chapeau to Stoners, Eezie, and our defender of foreign lands for continuing to stick their heads above the parapet and take the inevitable flack.

When do you get back Dawnie? Keep your head down in the meantime. Forest need you.

I think Forest are at their peak at this current point in time, there is a lot to do to get them to the next stage, both on and off the field.  It needs to be stabilised and built back up from the ground, and it will take years.

We started that with Nigel Cloughs arrival, an unknown ability, but a respected name, and we had four years of slightly above average football whilst the crap was cleared academy rebuilt, squad overhauled and with a recession that arrived the hatches were battened down and we rode the finincial storm, mainly thanks to Tom Glick generating revenue streams for a mid table championship club, hence why Man City came calling.  Then stage 2, Sam Rush and eventually Steve Mc.  Its not job done, not by a long way.  If we go up its a lot of hard work, if we stay here its still as much hard work to push for promotion again next season.  However we have a stable club.

Interesting post, not sure that there has been that much damage done though as we do have a decent squad.The main thing I want now is stability and Pearce needs to be given time like Nigel Clough was.

McClaren, Cotterill, O'Driscoll, McLeish and Davies have all come and gone over the last 3 seasons.

It was interesting how you mentioned that Glick sought to generate revenue streams as our previous CEO Mark Arthur admitted he did not as we were reliant on Doughty's funding.

Interesting post, not sure that there has been that much damage done though as we do have a decent squad.The main thing I want now is stability and Pearce needs to be given time like Nigel Clough was.

McClaren, Cotterill, O'Driscoll, McLeish and Davies have all come and gone over the last 3 seasons.

It was interesting how you mentioned that Glick sought to generate revenue streams as our previous CEO Mark Arthur admitted he did not as we were reliant on Doughty's funding.

Perhaps you do have a decent squad when the injuries clear up, however you have a lot high earners and dead weight, I expect moral is paper thin as well, and that can be the longest and hardest road to travel.

Archived