The demise of Forest

ladyram

Cant believe he thought they'd be top of the league. What a clueless bellend. In fact that was the constant impression throughout his BBC interview - bellend.

This is the man that said "King" Billy was their next Sir Alex. Enough said regarding his football knowledge 

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the man that said "King" Billy was their next Sir Alex. Enough said regarding his football knowledge

Well he was right in a sense. Neither are employed football managers anymore....

Does anyone know whether the emergency services have managed to liberate Cox and Henderson from Bucko's pockets yet?

Talksport with Warnock on is interesting - basically Fridgy wants input into team/player selection. Warnock reckons that it'll end up being Zola as manager because he was prepared to be the chairman's puppet at Watford.

Translation:

"There's nobody at the football club that knows about football."

Goes for most of the fans too. You watch them suck it up - 'Zola's a great appointment', 'Fawaz was right not to take on Colin if Zola is available', 'Best manager in the league' when in reality Zola would be the only person prepared to be the owner's lapdog - just like he was at Watford.

Fridgy - the real manager at Nottingham Forest.

Talksport with Warnock on is interesting - basically Fridgy wants input into team/player selection. Warnock reckons that it'll end up being Zola as manager because he was prepared to be the chairman's puppet at Watford.

Thing is, there's often rumours and speculation at clubs that owners want their fingers in team selection. Warnock coming out and saying that makes it pretty much factual public knowledge in Forest's case.

What manager in their right mind would willingly walk into that?!

After hinting at interference from Fawaz Warnock said: "There's nobody at club English-wise you can talk to that knows about football" #nffc

On the other hand... That do Warnock understand? Using other peoples money... ? Dont see a long line of PL Clubs wanting him... Cant imagine why...? A modern leader like Warnock... I think Barcelona will go for him in the summer....... for their museum....

Neil Warnock joined the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on Tuesday morning to explain just why he turned down the opportunity to manageNottingham Forest.

The former Leeds and QPR boss looked certain to be appointed as Billy Davies' successor on Monday but decided against taking the job following talks with the club's owner Fawaz Al-Hasawi.

"The talks started well but, in my eyes, it deteriorated," he said. "In the end, I didn't think I was the right one.

"I am sure someone like [Gianfranco] Zola, who will come in and just coach the team, will end up there.

"When you have got experience you have got to do it how you do it and I didn't see that there.

"I wanted a clear road ahead to do what I wanted. I talked early doors about getting players in. I actually recommended Lee Peltier, who they took on board yesterday but when he knew I wasn't going he cancelled it and he is going off to Bolton now."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-neil-warnock-why-i-rejected-chance-manage-nottingham-forest-14032584766#x1F5Zb0XwCSwQSa5.99

Zola the new favourite. Sadly I think that might actually be a decent appointment  <_<

Zola is an absolute failure as a manager, he's worse than Warnock in footballing terms. At least Warnock has had some success getting out of this league. Zola has gradually made teams worse. I don't know if you've ever watched Zola, but the man lacks confidence in himself. Yes, he was a great footballer, but as a manager he's got no idea.

You know how we all fantasised of some rich prince coming to make us the next City or Chelsea? The only way back to the very top.

I think it's like looking for a gold coin in a pit of vipers. Football is the latest accessory as we all know. But instead of flashing a club off like you would a yacht to your business acquaintance some of these guys are now playing real life football manager. It's scary.

A lot of us have become frustrated at times with our league rivals taking the shortcut ahead of us by buying quality we can't get. But look at the likes of Blackburn and Birmingham etc. A rich prince saviour is deffo a fantasy. Man City are not a typical example are they? Yet every club thinks any fella wearing a gold wrist watch carrying a briefcase could be their golden ticket.

Deluded. Mr Sell-Fridge never seemed right from the start. They make buying players look hard. They can't keep anything simple. Wasn't there some ***** about a late payment to something else at the beginning. They can't settle down with a manager. They can't work with the media (the media here are pretty much God). They seems clueless.

Just keep smiling and waving Fawaz. Smiling and waving.

Zola is an absolute failure as a manager, he's worse than Warnock in footballing terms. At least Warnock has had some success getting out of this league. Zola has gradually made teams worse. I don't know if you've ever watched Zola, but the man lacks confidence in himself. Yes, he was a great footballer, but as a manager he's got no idea.

Irrelevant.

Zola will let Fridgy manage.

Warnock has basically put the kibosh on any manager worth a dam taking this position.  Fawaz now wants all the power because wee Billy knob head has burnt Fawaz's fingers soo badly.

I do actually feel sorry for the gumps......I think?!!??

Actually no I don't, they wanted Billy, they where warned, they didn't listen.  Your f**ked now.

Warnock has basically put the kibosh on any manager worth a dam taking this position.  Fawaz now wants all the power because wee Billy knob head has burnt Fawaz's fingers soo badly.

I do actually feel sorry for the gumps......I think?!!??

Not me. They can go out of business for all I care. 

Latest News…………………………

This guy was in the frame for vacant managers job at Nottingham Forest……..he’s just signed up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEN-DODD-Signed-Autograph-Mounted-Photo-Print-/390549122511?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Autographs_CV&hash=item5aee8aadcf

The diddymen are up for it also, and want Billy Davies to come back and help out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ken-Dodd-Photograph-Signed-1-/261283923322?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Autographs_CV&hash=item3cd5bc457a

According to a pole on LTLF the three people they'd like to take over are Di Matteo, Nigel Adkins & NLN... No chance of any of those lol.

If Sell-Fridge wants a yes man their best bets are Zola or Steve Keane and either of those would be an even bigger disaster! We all knew their place was a shambles but non of us even dared to think it was bad...

John McGovern appointed 'club ambassador' - sky sports news

Club Ambassador? Has he got his own consulate and diplomatic immunity. What a ridiculous position. Perhaps they're going to send him out to the Middle East, apparently there's a millennia-old religious difference of opinion out there that only Nottingham Forest can solve....

Archived