The demise of Forest

ladyram

RIP Kevin - gone but not forgotten.

OK, which one of you guys kept up the pretence for two whole years but finally took it a step too far yesterday and got banned from LTLF?

Not worth going over there for a sneaky giggle now.

I imagine he's back in the green green grass of home by now.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away all weekend, finally caught up. A couple of notes:

A) when we had 12 or so injuries it did effect out season. At the time you revelled at how mediocre and also ran we were, but imagine if we didn't have 12 injuries. But we never had the same delusional sense of entitlement as out red friends, so we never made the assumption we could be champions if it wasn't for those injuries, and we just got on with it.

B) someone made the point that if we had our first choice centre backs available this season, then would super Bucko even have got a look in? Quite possibly not, but this is what you do when you get injuries, you fall back on the squad, and those squad players step up their game. They fight for the shirt so that the gaffer had a tough decision to make when the first creamer is back fit. This is what all your 'cover' should be doing now. You moan about all your defenders being out, but kept how many clean sheets? A defender can't do much more than that. Your big problem is goals, an you've had far les of an injury crisis in that department, just **** players, first teamers, squad players an the rest.

C) we had Bryso out on Sat, which is every bit equivalent to you having read out.

D) Forest are ****, Billy's a *****, and their fans are whinging numpties :)

Now I've sorted that out, I really should get to work and see what chaos broke out there while I was away (but I had to get my priorities in order of course).

From a team that only created two chances yesterday and needed a wonder goal from Bamford last time out.

You aren't sparkling at the minute, but getting the rub of the green.

No we are not, however we are getting results, and when the spark returns next month, someone will get a hammering.

Its not the rub of the green, its a manager who is willing to put 4 strikers on and try and get a win, rather than a manager who defends a 1-0 lead

OK lets talk rub of the green..

Derby's late victories or close wins

Derby 3-2 Yeovil (fully deserved)

Derby 2-1 Boro (fully deserved)

Watford 2-3 Derby (IMO draw was fair)

Derby 1-0 Brighton (IMO draw was fair)

Sheff Wed 0-1 Derby (IMO draw was fair)

Derby 1-0 Bournemouth (IMO draw was fair)

So let's say for aguements sake thats +8 points

Now Forest

Forest 1-0 Huddersfield (IMO draw was fair)

Blackburn 0-1 Forest (lucky last minute win, draw was fair)

Forest 2-1 Leeds United (IMO draw was fair)

Forest 3-2 Barnsley (deserved win)

Sheff Wed 0-1 Forest (IMO draw was fair)

Forest 1-0 Derby (deserved win)

So that's also +8 points..

Explain yourself how we've been lucky and you haven't?

No we are not, however we are getting results, and when the spark returns next month, someone will get a hammering.

Its not the rub of the green, its a manager who is willing to put 4 strikers on and try and get a win, rather than a manager who defends a 1-0 lead

Or tries to defend a 2-1 lead against 10 men.

Just seen this in the Mirror:

"Which player and his boss are at daggers drawn after the gaffer banned junk food from his club's training ground, then caught the offender handing out chocolate bars in the dressing room?"

Calf injury my arse.

If you want to have a laugh go the LTLF board and click on the shteeve thread.

WORDS FAIL ME.

A few are being blindly bitter, the bambling bafoon one was ridiculous. There's one poster who's genuinely got some evidence and genuine criticism of Mac, which seems fair enough. You'll always judge a manager who was **** at your club.

However, you don't get to two UEFA cup finals consecutively (winning one) and win the Dutch league ENTIRELY through luck.

A few are being blindly bitter, the bambling bafoon one was ridiculous. There's one poster who's genuinely got some evidence and genuine criticism of Mac, which seems fair enough. You'll always judge a manager who was **** at your club.

However, you don't get to two UEFA cup finals consecutively (winning one) and win the Dutch league ENTIRELY through luck.

What makes me laugh is that they think all the teams above them have been lucky. And they have had bad luck.

Weve all had mega unbeaten runs this year including Forest and yet they still claim bad luck?

Mind you not all fans are like that, the Forest on here seem pretty sane.

Archived