The demise of Forest

ladyram

The last time we were both in the thick of the same battle was 2004 under unhappy circumstances when battling to stay up. Coincidentally on March 20th we played each other at Pride Park (the game is on the 22nd March this time round).

If we both go up then it is likely we will see a repeat of the relegation battle!

Was that the coffee cup game? Gonna take mine and hope it is a bit windy :lol::D

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was reading through the FL72 website and they've recently done a club review and final finish prediction and they have Leicester 1st, Derby 2nd and Forest 3rd and to win the play offs

"http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/5a/23/5a23d681ad6e5dfe341fa38a2d31fb9f" alt="5a23d681ad6e5dfe341fa38a2d31fb9f">

"http://speedcap.net/sharing/files/a3/d6/a3d61d2af8ed5d771f1ee4af0e821d37" alt="a3d61d2af8ed5d771f1ee4af0e821d37">

"...haven't lost as game in all competitions since the third of December..."

Not been updated recently then.

Nah ,enjoyed the 1971-2  season much more ,beat Forest 4-0 at home 2-0 away ,Leicester 3-0 at home 2-0 away and the icing on the cake Notts County 6-0 in the cup . Now thats my idea of an spiced up season.

You are talking about one of the greatest teams ever to wear the Derby Ram. Not really fair to compare that to the team of today.

The point I was making was that for the first time in god knows how long we're both involved in a scrap for something positive rather than a scrap to avoid something dreadful.

You are talking about one of the greatest teams ever to wear the Derby Ram. Not really fair to compare that to the team of today.

The point I was making was that for the first time in god knows how long we're both involved in a scrap for something positive rather than a scrap to avoid something dreadful.

I know you was mate ,just being frivolous I know what you were getting at, fair point.

Was that the coffee cup game? Gonna take mine and hope it is a bit windy :lol::D

Yeah, I queued from 5 in the morning to secure a ticket for the match!

I can still remember that moment clearly. The goal should have been disallowed though as the ball had hit a foreign object.

We had been on a decent run and had picked up 10 points in the previous 5 games and were pulling clear whilst you were still in the bottom 3 and had you lost it would have given you a mountain to climb to get out of it. You could certainly see that motivation in the team that day.

That defeat probably did us some good as it prompted the board to bring in a couple of loan players who played a big part in us remaining undefeated for the rest of the season.

Nick Barmby was hastily subbed for a half fit David Johnson after 30 minutes and just stormed out of the ground and was gone in a taxi without even getting changed. Needless to say we did not extend his loan spell.

Yeah, I queued from 5 in the morning to secure a ticket for the match!

I can still remember that moment clearly. The goal should have been disallowed though as the ball had hit a foreign object.

We had been on a decent run and had picked up 10 points in the previous 5 games and were pulling clear whilst you were still in the bottom 3 and had you lost it would have given you a mountain to climb to get out of it. You could certainly see that motivation in the team that day.

That defeat probably did us some good as it prompted the board to bring in a couple of loan players who played a big part in us remaining undefeated for the rest of the season.

Nick Barmby was hastily subbed for a half fit David Johnson after 30 minutes and just stormed out of the ground and was gone in a taxi without even getting changed. Needless to say we did not extend his loan spell.

I know Pesch is Canadian, but that shouldn't be enough reason to disallow a goal.

So what if it hits a divot of turf churned up by the players? Time for plastic football pitches again, like that one at QPR where the ball bounced about 30 feet in the air every time it landed.

Wasn't it Luton who had the plastic pitch and also banned all away fans?

The divot still counts as part as of the pitch rather than a foreign object on the pitch. To be fair the referee probably thought Roche had miskicked it through being **** rather than misfortune. It certainly was not as obvious as the beach ball goal.

That is a totally different occurance, bent's was a shot at goal and it hit the beachball.

Pesc's goal was because your goalie miskicked the ball, no different than if it hit a divot and bobbed up. And i quote

"Coffee cup or not, Roche should still have put his foot through the ball. His blunder is not a moment he will want to remember but one he will be reminded of constantly."

And the next excuse is??????

Wasn't it Luton who had the plastic pitch and also banned all away fans?

The divot still counts as part as of the pitch rather than a foreign object on the pitch. To be fair the referee probably thought Roche had miskicked it through being **** rather than misfortune. It certainly was not as obvious as the beach ball goal.

So why compare?

Please don't get like the other Gumps on here and just come up with lame excuses.  Its the past and has no relevance to the fact that you have to win against Burnley.

Big call by your chairman to state automatic promotion.  10-11 wins and 2 draws, well at least you have 1 of the draws.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go round littering pitches with foreign objects before a game do they have a few ready made excuses.

I've just had a look at the goal, not really seen it before. Oes Pesch score a second as well? If looks like the coffee cup is still there for the second goal. So they weren't that bothered about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go round littering pitches with foreign objects before a game do they have a few ready made excuses.

I've just had a look at the goal, not really seen it before. Oes Pesch score a second as well? If looks like the coffee cup is still there for the second goal. So they weren't that bothered about it.

They have a ready made excuse, its that shed they call a football ground, those pink seats can be very distracting, especially as you can see so many of them.

Archived