Random Thought

Ramarena

Hahahaha, I think I just did a little wee I laughed so hard.

Anyway, I've rumbled you. You've not seen Derby play since the 50s, but still have an opinion, you're the bloke that rings in.... "I didn't go today, but we were rubbish..."... Hang your head in shame sir.

Hang my head in shame why?

Are you seriously suggesting that Buxton is a good passer of a football?!

Oh.....I pity you Mostyn. Poor you. Poor Poor you.

I shall the leave the opinion that Buxton is a cultured passer of the ball (I am laughing but am old enough to be able to control my pee) to you and the rest of the highly deluded fans that are of the same opinion.

Yes, he has improved but he is hardly a good passer of the ball. Maybe if you compare him to some of the clubbers we have had at centre back.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang my head in shame why?

Are you seriously suggesting that Buxton is a good passer of a football?!

Oh.....I pity you Mostyn. Poor you. Poor Poor you.

I shall the leave the opinion that Buxton is a cultured passer of the ball (I am laughing but am old enough to be able to control my pee) to you and the rest of the highly deluded fans that are of the same opinion.

Yes, he has improved but he is hardly a good passer of the ball. Maybe if you compare him to some of the clubbers we have had at centre back.

Hang on - you weren't been sarcastic?

Buxton is comfortably the best passer of a ball among the back 5. He's been one of the best in the team so far this season.

Hang on - you weren't been sarcastic?

Buxton is comfortably the best passer of a ball among the back 5. He's been one of the best in the team so far this season.

One of the best in the team?!

Oh now you are joking. Jake Buxton is very good at no nonsense defending. His positional sense has improved but he lacks a little speed. His range of passing has gone from poor to average. You...like others are judging him against the Derby back line.

For the purpose of this thread, I am judging him against your average midfield player. To be an effective midfield player in today's game, passing has to be quite high on your list of attributes. Jake Buxton I agree has improved his distribution but has a long way to go before I would say he is a good passer of a football.

One of the best in the team?!

Oh now you are joking. Jake Buxton is very good at no nonsense defending. His positional sense has improved but he lacks a little speed. His range of passing has gone from poor to average. You...like others are judging him against the Derby back line.

For the purpose of this thread, I am judging him against your average midfield player. To be an effective midfield player in today's game, passing has to be quite high on your list of attributes. Jake Buxton I agree has improved his distribution but has a long way to go before I would say he is a good passer of a football.

Okay, his passing is better than Hendrick's, his passing is better than Ward's, his passing is better then Eustace's, his passing is better than Bryson's, his passing is better than Coutts', his passing is better than Dawkins', his passes are misplaced less than Hughes' are. Maybe over distance, Bailey's passing might be better, but on the whole, Buxton's stats are amongst the best in the country for accuracy! If I could be bothered, I'd find the stats for you, but I can't and I know that regardless of what facts are presented to you, your judgement of Buxton is prejudiced by the fact he came from non-league.

Buxton has one weakness, which affects a couple of aspects of his game, and his weakness is turn of foot, and it affects his turning, and his overall reaction speed. Other than that, he's got all the ability needed. He showed that v Chelsea.

Okay, his passing is better than Hendrick's, his passing is better than Ward's, his passing is better then Eustace's, his passing is better than Bryson's, his passing is better than Coutts', his passing is better than Dawkins', his passes are misplaced less than Hughes' are. Maybe over distance, Bailey's passing might be better, but on the whole, Buxton's stats are amongst the best in the country for accuracy! If I could be bothered, I'd find the stats for you, but I can't and I know that regardless of what facts are presented to you, your judgement of Buxton is prejudiced by the fact he came from non-league.

Buxton has one weakness, which affects a couple of aspects of his game, and his weakness is turn of foot, and it affects his turning, and his overall reaction speed. Other than that, he's got all the ability needed. He showed that v Chelsea.

Humour me if you please.

I like the player, I really do.

I couldn't care less where he came from.

You want to show me some stats that back up your claim about Buxton being "amongst the best passers in the country" and I will concede that I was wrong.

Please do.

Humour me if you please.

I like the player, I really do.

I couldn't care less where he came from.

You want to show me some stats that back up your claim about Buxton being "amongst the best passers in the country" and I will concede that I was wrong.

Please do.

Bucko's 54th in the division for pass completion. Behind

Hughes (who is 6th in the whole division)

Dawkins (9th surprised he's that high) 

Bryson

Keogh

Wisdom

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/3859/Stages/7800/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2013-2014

Still not bad for a CB who's only over played in the lower leagues before he joined us. In the overall stat's he's the top Derby player in 11th place.

Statistically Buxton is one of the best passers of the ball in the division. (Central defensively)

Especially when it comes to long balls.

Easily one of the best passing centre backs in the league, once again anyone who thinks differently is open to proving me wrong.. With stats, videos, anything substantial.

and then click on the pass success tab. 56th. Not bad at all but not great.

He's an average passer of the football like I said previously.

Hardly "one of the best in the country".

Also, your claim that he was the best passer amongst the Derby defenders is wide of the mark. He's comfortably behind Keogh and Wisdom. Both have better pass success rates.

Also, your claim that he was the best passer amongst the Derby defenders is wide of the mark. He's comfortably behind Keogh and Wisdom. Both have better pass success rates.

Rewatch the first half of the Birmingham game, Bucko's passing at it's best.

Rewatch the first half of the Birmingham game, Bucko's passing at it's best.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

And again, I don't deny he isn't a steady passer of the football.

My claim is that we shouldn't be looking at our centre backs as possible replacements for a CDM role.

I value Buxton very highly as a centre back.

I might also add that Buxton is almost first choice in his position yet others on here seem to want to take him out of that position and play him out of position.

Hang the f**k on there!!! I'm sorry but there is no way that you can call Keogh an accomplished passer of a football. His technique is very ungainly for a pro watch him closely and see) and he only passes it square to his fellow centre half or the fullbacks. Buxton is by far a better passer...

I agree that Buxton couldn't play CDM, yes he may be a decent ball playing centre back, but could he play the intricate one twos and be able to control the ball in tight spaces when under intense pressure and bring others into play? I dont think he could.

On the passing front, 56th is not that good, and then if you look at the accurate long balls stat, hes down in 38th behind Keogh and Lee Grant so again, regarding the stats, he isn't even the best in the team... the whole putting square pegs in round holes argument is here again. We would be much better off buying or loaning a  proper CDM who can both break the play up but also play the ball around the midfield with ease.

You've gone from saying he couldn't pick a 2 yard pass to being an average passer of the football. That's quick improvement!

Hang the f**k on there!!! I'm sorry but there is no way that you can call Keogh an accomplished passer of a football. His technique is very ungainly for a pro watch him closely and see) and he only passes it square to his fellow centre half or the fullbacks. Buxton is by far a better passer...

To be fair, Keogh is capable of the odd raking, cross-field pass as well, but it's his weighting with short passes which I always notice. The receiving player always seems to have to adjust themselves at the last minute as he puts too much on it, making it difficult to control. He puts his foot right through the ball, regardless of how far away the receiving player is.

I'm going merely by the site that Mostyn out up. Keogh has a better overall pass success rate.

Stats, alot of the time, are absolute b*llocks.

If Wisdom plays 100 passes 1 yard and they all connect, and Buxton plays 100 passes, 30 over 25 yards, 15 over 40 yards and 55 over ten yards and 80 connect then Wisdom has the better record. Who do you think people will remember?

Not saying that has happened but it's important not to get swept up in statistics. Analytical information is so readily available in football now that you can live your life by them. Use your eyes! Watch the match!

Same with assists. A player can be involved in 30 or 40 goals a season in the build up, but if he's not the last man to touch it before the scorer, that goal will have nothing to do with him for all of time. It's rubbish!

Archived