Random Thought

Ramarena

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've gone from saying he couldn't pick a 2 yard pass to being an average passer of the football. That's quick improvement!

Average = average = average = average.

Argue with stats. 56th in the league = average.

He's a very good defender and worth his weight in gold to the club but a good passer..........I can only laugh at you guys for suggesting that.

Why on earth would you suggest playing Buxton, a player who can barely pick a pass from 2 yards in a midfield position?!

The one thing the guy can do is pass a ball - better than most in our side.

Stats, alot of the time, are absolute b*llocks.

If Wisdom plays 100 passes 1 yard and they all connect, and Buxton plays 100 passes, 30 over 25 yards, 15 over 40 yards and 55 over ten yards and 80 connect then Wisdom has the better record. Who do you think people will remember?

Not saying that has happened but it's important not to get swept up in statistics. Analytical information is so readily available in football now that you can live your life by them. Use your eyes! Watch the match!

Same with assists. A player can be involved in 30 or 40 goals a season in the build up, but if he's not the last man to touch it before the scorer, that goal will have nothing to do with him for all of time. It's rubbish!

sssshhh.

Don't tell Mostyn.

He might wet himself again.

He's a very good defender and worth his weight in gold to the club but a good passer..........I can only laugh at you guys for suggesting that.

Not sure what that first line means, but ok.

Laugh away, that's fine. It's only an opinion and more importantly, it's only football mate.

Sit down. Open a window. Have a glass of water.

My take, Bucko is a decent passer of the ball as a centre half, but that's when he's got a bit of time on the ball and his options are all in front of him.

A defensive midfielder in my opinion needs to be someone who is comfortable picking it up off the back four, turning with it (or half turning) but getting it out of your feet quickly and in the same movement passing it, knocking it, lofting it, pinging it, whatever you want to call it.  As well as protecting the back four, he's someone you can give the ball to in a tight spot and know that he's going to hold onto it. He's the link.

Bucko is fine if the balls in front of him but acting as the link man, would you honestly fancy Bucko to play quick little one twos on the edge of our 18 yard box?

Neither his feet or his brain are quick enough.

HIs passing is fine for where he is but I'd be crapping bricks if he got the ball facing his own goal or needed to dictate the play.

and then click on the pass success tab. 56th. Not bad at all but not great.

He's an average passer of the football like I said previously.

Hardly "one of the best in the country".

Also, your claim that he was the best passer amongst the Derby defenders is wide of the mark. He's comfortably behind Keogh and Wisdom. Both have better pass success rates.

Liar.

You said that he couldn't pass 2 yards.

Whilst I agree with you regarding not having Buxton as a CDM. I do think you should stop digging yourself a hole especially when you ask for facts to back someone's opinion up and then try to discredit them. You've already changed position saying Bucko can't pass two yards to him being average when displayed with facts. What's next? That he's the next Buckham? ( see what I did there? I'll get my coat ) maybe I was going too far there! Just think even though I tend to disagree with other posters they have valid points and facts to back there case up. Whereas I would probably not think about it too much and come up with one simple fact that would knock it all on the head. Square pegs and round holes. I wouldn't want the current management go down the previous incumbents route. All in good faith :)

Whilst I agree with you regarding not having Buxton as a CDM. I do think you should stop digging yourself a hole especially when you ask for facts to back someone's opinion up and then try to discredit them. You've already changed position saying Bucko can't pass two yards to him being average when displayed with facts. What's next? That he's the next Buckham? ( see what I did there? I'll get my coat ) maybe I was going too far there! Just think even though I tend to disagree with other posters they have valid points and facts to back there case up. Whereas I would probably not think about it too much and come up with one simple fact that would knock it all on the head. Square pegs and round holes. I wouldn't want the current management go down the previous incumbents route. All in good faith :)

Buxton is an average passer of the ball. When I said he couldn't pass the ball 2 yards, that is what I meant. His passing of the ball is average.

I have looked at the facts and they rather back my opinions up.

An average league with average players with average passers of the football.

You state you din't want the new management to go down the same road as previous incumbents.

I suggest that you get your facts right MafiaBoB.

Was it not McClaren that played Hendrick out of position to try and accommodate him into the team.

Was it not the same McClaren that plays Ward out of position so he can accommodate his own signing into the team.

Is it mot the same McClaren that has changed the team duties of a certain Will Hughes who looks a pale imitation of the player he looked under Clough?

All in good faith :D

I say leave John Eustace in the CDM postion I think he's a good enough now cissie has gone I think there will be another CDM come in either on loan or permanent!

Actually, according to the site, Keogh averages 6.4 accurate long balls per game whereas Buxton averages 5.2, therego, Keogh is a better passer of the ball...

In thoery yes, but theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But if use your own eyes you know it's b0ll0cks.  Any game this season where both of them have played together I bet more of Buxton's 'hollywood' passes have been applauded than Keogh's

In thoery yes, but theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But if use your own eyes you know it's b0ll0cks.  Any game this season where both of them have played together I bet more of Buxton's 'hollywood' passes have been applauded than Keogh's

Actually, where I sit, people don't applaud them... I've always found that strange.

I prefer to believe what I see with my own eyes rather than what someone else would have me believe with stats, reports etc.

This season Bucko has been a far better passer than Keogh or Keane and has made much better use of the ball, especially the longer ball, it's a bit difficult to compare him with Wisdom/Forsyth as they have a different job involving crossing.

I would still never have him anywhere midfield though.

Buxton is an average passer of the ball. When I said he couldn't pass the ball 2 yards, that is what I meant. His passing of the ball is average.

I have looked at the facts and they rather back my opinions up.

An average league with average players with average passers of the football.

You state you din't want the new management to go down the same road as previous incumbents.

I suggest that you get your facts right MafiaBoB.

Was it not McClaren that played Hendrick out of position to try and accommodate him into the team.

Was it not the same McClaren that plays Ward out of position so he can accommodate his own signing into the team.

Is it mot the same McClaren that has changed the team duties of a certain Will Hughes who looks a pale imitation of the player he looked under Clough?

All in good faith :D

Was it the same Mac who just won manager of the month? Was it his Derby team that just 7 in a row? Or is it still Cloughys team? Wouldn't say Ward is out of position, I would say Hendrick is a midfielder so he's in position. And as for about Bucko, I think an average passer of the ball can pass it about two yards. Think you might need to make your original post a bit clearer!

I'm not trying to argue with you or put you down as we're all Derby, and you and I have as much opinion as the next person. Was just being polite when I said all in good faith.

I prefer to believe what I see with my own eyes rather than what someone else would have me believe with stats, reports etc.

This season Bucko has been a far better passer than Keogh or Keane and has made much better use of the ball, especially the longer ball, it's a bit difficult to compare him with Wisdom/Forsyth as they have a different job involving crossing.

I would still never have him anywhere midfield though.

100% agree

sssshhh.

Don't tell Mostyn.

He might wet himself again.

To be fair, it'd only be a last resort I'd put Buxton into midfield. My argument is that you criticised his passing, yet I have it in my mind that many times this season, and a few times last season, I've seen a Buxton pass, that wasn't totally obvious was coming, that was played with either foot and accurately into the path of a moving Jamie Ward or Chris Martin etc. Some of his passes have been the pass of the match in my opinion, and had they been played by Igor Stimac, people would be raving about them.

The discussion regarding Buxton for midfield may sound a bit daft, but when you sit back and think "what does a solid midfielder need in his armoury?", he does actually tick most of the boxes! Not quite to the standard of Yaya Toure, but I'd say perhaps as good as some of the Barnsley or Yeovil centre mids.

He has composure on the ball, good anticipation, he's NOT scared to tackle, he can pass long and short, he can jump and head, his natural positioning is pretty good, and I imagine twinkle-toed opponents would be more worried entering a tackle against him than they would Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick. My only concern would be speed of reaction and pace. But then again, we played Robbie Savage for 3 years!!!

Archived