Half-Season Survey

daib0

Hi everyone, it’s daib0 here again!!

I'm wondering if you are able to answer  a few questions about your season so far, we are doing a similar thing on many championship forums to get a general inter-forum idea of the nearly half-way mark:

*What was your best game of the season so far?
*Who has been your best player?
*Who has been your underperformer?
*Who has been your best signing?
*Do you believe you are underperforming, overachieving or are performing how you expected at the start of the season?

The questions are always the same for each club so it’s never personal! I'll get a general vibe from the members or I'll do an average.

It'll just help with a write up we’re doing for the Tilehurst End site and the Royals Rendezvous forum - where we’ll  mention of course which forums were asked for the various categories.

Cheers guys,

daib0

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing to Forest

Bryson

Ward

Wisdom (loan)

*Do you believe you are underperforming, overachieving or are performing how you expected at the start of the season?

From what I expected at the start of the season over achieving.

Best Game > Watford away was end to end. Blackpool at home was our best performance as Lee Grant had a nap and we scored 5

Best Player > Bryson

Under performer > Forsyth but he's put that right now. Right this minute everyone seems to be doing more than what we've expected

Best Signing > Andre Wisdom. Class above. Can only dream if him staying

Performance > most these players were cheap as chips 12 months ago. Now they are above Forest's millions and chasing "Houdini" and his mercenaries and Leicester who pay Nugent more per week than we pay more than half our starting 11. Not to mention we have scored more than anyone else and are doing very well with our passing stats.

Coming back from being 4-1 down at half time to draw 4-4 against Ipswich, thanks to Big Mac's half-time changes despite not even being manager yet.

Bryson or Martin are the popular choice and they both have a great case. Martin on what he's done to the team, for me. He's enabled Bryson to become the player he is right now.

Keogh, up until recently but Schteve's changed everything.

Wisdom by a mile, solid defender and has turned our defence from leaky to solid. More deserving of the title beast than Negredo.

We always knew we had the capability to be a play-off standard team but perhaps not challenging for automatics like we are now. This next month will tell us whether we're going to over-achieving or not.

*What was your best game of the season so far?Toss up between beating l Sheffield Wednesday 3-0, Leeds 3-1 and losing to F*rest (feels weird saying that but what followed has been fantastic) for game and entertainment it will have to be the Leeds game.

*Who has been your best player?Martin. When he plays well the team plays well.

*Who has been your underperformer?Ward. Started poor Mac came in had 5 or so good ganes got injured (again) and has struggled since. Keeps scoring though.

*Who has been your best signing?Martin see above. Wisdom a close second.

*Do you believe you are underperforming, overachieving or are performing how you expected at the start of the season? From the start of the season over achieving. From when Steve Mac came in just above where I expect us to be.

Wigan away , tho in hindsight , maybe the defeat at Forest is instrumental to our excellent current form..

Bryson , tho Eustace has pleasantly surprised me..

Hughes..

Dawkins..

in all honesty way 'overachieving ', long may it continue..

Seasons greeting , daib0 .. :D

Derby 5-1 Blackpool. 87 minutes of complete and total domination.

Martin; such a classy front man, quality control, intelligent and technically brilliant. Likes to drop deep. 13 goals and 8 assists ain't too bad either.

Hughes… by his standards. We've all seen him tear teams apart and he hasn't really done that this season. Still gets a 7/10 most weeks mind.

We signed Martin on loan towards the end of last season and snapped him up in the summer for a free, so if he counts him. Dawkins or Wisdom if not.

This sides always had the potential to go on to good things… let's see if this consistency can be sustained.

Watford away

Bryson

Ermmmm, Cisse  :lol: 

McClaren (Best player signing - Wisdom)

Overachieving

Derby 4-4 Ipswich 

Bryson.

Jamie Ward

Andre Wisdom

performing how I expected 

Derby 4-4 Ipswich, coming back from 1-4 at half time.

Craig Bryson, exceptional from a centre midfielder.

No under performers really but if I have to pick one it's Lee Grant because I expected better from him when we re-signed him.

Andre Wisdom, way above Championship class.

Overachieving, 4th and this close to the top 3, particularly QPR and Leicester who's wage bills are so much bigger than ours, is beyond my expectations.

For whats happened since - Loosing to Forest.

Bryson/Martin

Ward/Huges

McClaren. Player- Wisdom.

​If we are all honest at the start of the season we would have been ecstatic, and surprised to be fighting for a top 6 place. Since the managerial change, and Steve has shown his worth, we feel we are where we should be. Over the next 10 games we will see, but I expect to solidify a top 2 place rather than yoyo between automatics and playoffs. 

I can't believe that so many people think losing at Forest was the best game of the season... we've had so many brilliant victories, and yet people single that match out as the best... for me it was one of the worst.

It was the sacking of Clough and hiring Steve after that people are referring to.

Wigan away.

Craig Bryson

Jamie Ward, despite his goals + assists

Chris Martin

Overachieving, for our budget

Archived