2014 Formula One Championship

Day

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamilton won the championship as he had the best car. Nico didn't cheat, that's a laugh. Hamilton just crying about.

Hamilton beat Alonso in the same car in his first ever season. And in 2008, he wasn't driving a Ferrari...so not sure I agree that he had the best car. He may not have the mental strength of his rivals but one thing you can not deny Hamilton is that on pure pace, he has the rest of the field licked, and he is undoubtedly one of the best of all time in that regard.

He's also got a fantastic understanding of the set-up of a car and has adapted his driving style to be much softer on the tires. He even seems to have the edge on Rosberg when it comes to conserving fuel.

But there is more to it than that. I think Hamilton has spent too long trying to be clever against a rival who is clever. He should stop trying to play mind games with Rosberg - Rosberg will always win that game.

One thing you can't deny Cisse is that Hamilton has had terrible luck with reliability, and if he'd finished as many races as Rosberg, he'd probably be in the lead of the Championship.

Hamilton beat Alonso in the same car in his first ever season. And in 2008, he wasn't driving a Ferrari...so not sure I agree that he had the best car. He may not have the mental strength of his rivals but one thing you can not deny Hamilton is that on pure pace, he has the rest of the field licked, and he is undoubtedly one of the best of all time in that regard.

He's also got a fantastic understanding of the set-up of a car and has adapted his driving style to be much softer on the tires. He even seems to have the edge on Rosberg when it comes to conserving fuel.

But there is more to it than that. I think Hamilton has spent too long trying to be clever against a rival who is clever. He should stop trying to play mind games with Rosberg - Rosberg will always win that game.

One thing you can't deny Cisse is that Hamilton has had terrible luck with reliability, and if he'd finished as many races as Rosberg, he'd probably be in the lead of the Championship.

Its only 2-1 in Rosberg's favour

Hamilton's style of driving is the cause on some of his problems. He is a mug. :p Nico rules. :)

Sorry you are wrong.

Both Nico and Lewis have a similiar style, hence with the rule changes both are tearing it up.  Both are racers, however Lewis is better he would have caught Nico regardless.

I expect Nico to win as Mercedes is a German

Sorry you are wrong.

Both Nico and Lewis have a similiar style, hence with the rule changes both are tearing it up.  Both are racers, however Lewis is better he would have caught Nico regardless.

I expect Nico to win as Mercedes is a German

Not so sure about that. Hamilton is much much more agressive on the brakes and this causes a heat spike through the rims and tyres which is why he has to be smoother through the corner itself, and why he sometimes struggles with tire conservation compared with Rosberg. Seems to be a little bit better with the fuel saving than Rosberg, which is a surprise.

I also don't think Rosberg's nationality will have a bearing on anything. Mercedes broke the bank to get the world's most marketable athlete - they would want him to win the Championship every bit as much as Rosberg, if not more.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see Hamilton win again this weekend. Purchased 5 tickets for Silverstone next July, can't bloody wait :D #TeamLH

Archived