Paul Ince

valleyram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not always played so well.

If we had to pick POTY today I'd vote for him twice though. Martin has given him a licence to roam and I can't believe how well he's used it. Didnt think he'd ever look this good.

I don't know if he's as good as Hughes (who people overrate and then underrate because he's overrated) because Hughes has a wonderful tempo dictating way that changes the entire game pace.

He's been so good. Well impressed. His partnership with Martin essential. It's the part of the team I would least want to lose out of all of them.

I'd rather lose Wisdom who's miles and miles better than Brayford

He's not always played so well.

If we had to pick POTY today I'd vote for him twice though. Martin has given him a licence to roam and I can't believe how well he's used it. Didnt think he'd ever look this good.

I don't know if he's as good as Hughes (who people overrate and then underrate because he's overrated) because Hughes has a wonderful tempo dictating way that changes the entire game pace.

He's been so good. Well impressed. His partnership with Martin essential. It's the part of the team I would least want to lose out of all of them.

I'd rather lose Wisdom who's miles and miles better than Brayford

Do I need to be in Mensa to appreciate whatever the **** that means mate? lol. It sounds great.

Do I need to be in Mensa to appreciate whatever the **** that means mate? lol. It sounds great.

Looks like there's only about 2 on here cursed to understand it then, but no matter.

No-one understands my drivel either.

I never thought he should be left out, just think he should've contributed with more goals and assists.

Doing alright ain't he.

I was the same. Wanted a little something extra and he delivered. I think everyone has been shocked that Bryson can cross and shoot from distance. It shows that he was always capable but was being selfless. He has been encouraged to be more selfish with his approach. What that translates into with someone like Bryson is a top class individual and professional.

I fully expect him to aim for 20 goals this season. He gets in the box for those poachers goals. Should have had two on Saturday. 

You're a soldier. You shouldn't be allowed to think! Does Rambo throw awesome dinner parties? You just carry on as you were. Nuisance

He has been built up and up to be an awesome playmaker and some sort of English answer to Iniesta and Xavi crossbreed. He's 18 and worth £6m. No, £10m. No I mean £12m. Actually it's £12m and Andre Wisdom and he's deffo going to save the national side.

Even us Derby fans have seen what he can do (Leeds) and expect it regularly. Seems the finer things he does that make great team players like Xavi, like taking the ball under pressure and easing pressure by picking not any pass but the right pass at the right time. He does it over and over again.

Before him we had Hendrick and Bryson chasing shadows and 45% of the ball. For bells and whistles I'd put forward Tom Ince and Wilfred Zaha. Hughes for me is the director and not the star.

He has his starring moments and their a bonus. And occasionally he looks tired and sloppy. But 8 games in 10 he is an inspiration.

He's an overrated underrated player. Happy now Capt. Camouflage?

Hughes can be almost invisible in a game - and he can still dominate it, because people don't see what he does. There is no fuss at all, and he doesn't have to make 50 eye-catching passes in a game. What he does is collects the ball something like 200 times a game and he passes it. It's not always because there is someone in a better position - often it's to pull an opposition player out of position. He'll pick the ball up from Bucko, pass it back, move a couple of yards, get it back again, turn, play it to Bryson, get it back, play it to Dawkins, get it back, then to Keogh or Bucko again - and all the time the opposition players are being moved about like pieces on a chess board.

I would love to see someone film every single move Hughes makes in a game - every pass he receives, every time he carries the ball, every time he lays it off, every time he plays a first-time ball, whether it's 5 yards or 20 (it's seldom further than that). Then get hold of that film and force those fans who don't appreciate what he does to watch it - over and over again.

The kid is a footballing genius (and not in a DPFG way).

Says Craig Bryson could play in premiership and has impressed him even more than Will Hughes

No **** Sherlock

He is the best midfielder in championship bar none and to think some at start of the season wanted him left out team

Your obsession with Bryson is getting weird..

He's not the best midfielder in the Championship..

He's a workhorse whose managed to find a goalscoring touch.. Handy but come off it.

It's great that we've got both Hughes and Bryson in the team, I think they've probably learned a bit off each other. You even see Bryson doing some slick one touch passing he never used to do. In fact, Bryson, Ward and Russell are all doing these one touch moves that Will Hughes has perfected. 

I know we're talking about Bryson, but for a young lad, Will Hughes' influence cannot be understated. I hope we can keep them both here for a long time.

The whole squad looks a lot different to how it did at the beginning of the season. I said in another thread about Keogh impressing me yesterday with his Igor Stimac like charging forward from the back. Brilliant. His confidence is the most telling of all our players. I know Bucko has a lot of plaudits, and so he should, but Keogh is the most improved for me.

He's a workhorse whose managed to find a goalscoring touch.. Handy but come off it.

I'd like to know who is the best then?

surely the player whose influence and impact have the most positive results for his team.  Some would say Barton is a better player, but if he's not influencing results, he's not the better player as it's a team game. Surely someone like yourself, who rates the like of Busquets so highly, would have a better understanding of how to judge a player than the type of person who I'd expect to pull out the response you just gave.

It's no surprise that a talentless box-to-box automaton like Ince would rate him so highly then.

Archived