Jenas

Barton

Faurlin

Henry

Carroll

Then at Brighton you have another 2 challengers

Leicester are pretty decent there

Forest have a couple of pretenders

Blackpool have 2 who are decent central players although you might be treading into playmaker territory with one of them

Boro have a couple.

There's a few decent individuals.

Personally right now in this moment Bryson is the best. He's the form player in the form side scoring goals

Bridcutt has been out for months but he's quality. Also McGugan is pretty tidy but has consistency and attitude issues?

There's no standout player imo but Bryson is making massive contributions for us and look where we are.

Perhaps two other major challengers to his claim would be Hughes and Hendrick?

He's been good though and I feel bad putting him down.

He's been a pleasure to watch this season.

I'd say Bryson is currently the form midfielder in the league. Whether he is the best is really a question of whether he continues to do it.

He's scored 8 and assisted 11!!!

That is seriously impressive at this point of the season. I don't think Hughes is better at the moment. I'm really not sure who we would miss more and how much each of them is making the other better. Hopefully we won't find out and they'll both be playing for us for a long time.

There is no comparison between Bryson and Hughes because they are completely different players. Being in the same team compliments both of them - because they compliment each other. There is no 'best' midfield player in Derby's midfield, and comparing one to the other is as useful as comparing Lee Grant to Chris Martin.

Or anyone to Bucko.

Understand that - and you will begin to understand football.

I'd like to know who is the best then?

surely the player whose influence and impact have the most positive results for his team.  Some would say Barton is a better player, but if he's not influencing results, he's not the better player as it's a team game. Surely someone like yourself, who rates the like of Busquets so highly, would have a better understanding of how to judge a player than the type of person who I'd expect to pull out the response you just gave.

Busquets has traits far better than any other in the world.. And that's without the ball, with it he's just as good..

Are you sure you're not confusing influencing with creating? Bryson is probably up there with the best creative midfielders at this current time but you're competely missing out what influence on the team other central midfielders have..

Barton for instance is apart of a midfield that bosses virtually every single game.. Their midfield shield so well hence why it's very hard to score past them..

As an all rounder Hughes is better than Bryson.. He passes the ball better and can move the ball from back to front in a way that others at this level can't..

Of the two, Hughes has every chance of going to the top.. Bryson on the other hand will do well to have a similar career to someone like Nigel Reo Coker..

There is no comparison between Bryson and Hughes because they are completely different players. Being in the same team compliments both of them - because they compliment each other. There is no 'best' midfield player in Derby's midfield, and comparing one to the other is as useful as comparing Lee Grant to Chris Martin.

Or anyone to Bucko.

Understand that - and you will begin to understand football.

Exactly, its the sum of the parts that is greater than the individuals

Archived