"Derby are the best team we've played this season,"

Day

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just coming back in to the land of the livnig after a great weekend in Bournemouth...

Thoughts on the game, it was so so easy. We were so much better than they were everywhere.

They never looked like scoring at all, not once and with a bit more luck and better finishing from Hughes and Bennet we would have walked it.....which we pretty much did anyway.

nice little ground, no atmosphere though, and a great town.!

just coming back in to the land of the livnig after a great weekend in Bournemouth...

Thoughts on the game, it was so so easy. We were so much better than they were everywhere.

They never looked like scoring at all, not once and with a bit more luck and better finishing from Hughes and Bennet we would have walked it.....which we pretty much did anyway.

Did you get to any of the pubs I mentioned? some interesting faces in the sir percy florence shelly, there must have been at least 200 rams fans in there by half one......superb :D:cool:

Did you get to any of the pubs I mentioned? some interesting faces in the sir percy florence shelly, there must have been at least 200 rams fans in there by half one......superb :D:cool:

We got in the sir percy around one thirty had a few nice pints of Abbot in there. Went into Aruba? and then the usual haunts on a Saturday night....got to say, it is a great town, really cool.

The little men in my Radio said Russell put through Bennett at the end and he should have put it in but its good were making changes would be more worried if we werent

I thought the atmosphere in the Percy Shelly was the best I've experienced for a while. Loved Bournemouth and managed to watch Froch steal it in the evening. Good week-end all round, but far, far, far too much to drink. Have only just come round!!

But, when a fellow manager says you are the best team we have played, and it isn't simply because it's been a thrashing, that's quite a compliment.

Its a good point Vulcan (great name btw, Vulcan Street Popside rules!), Eddie Howe's comments are quite interesting......

"Derby are the best team we've played this season," said Howe.

"They kept the ball very well, which made it difficult for us to get a foothold in the game and try to dominate possession as we like to do.

"They starved us of the ball, really, and it became difficult for us to get some concerted pressure in the game.

Even without being at our best, our possession football makes it hard for other teams to build up a head of steam against us. Its a good sign of how difficult we can be to play against. Not every passing sequence will end in creating a chance but while we're doing it the other team can't do owt to hurt us! 

Its a good point Vulcan (great name btw, Vulcan Street Popside rules!), Eddie Howe's comments are quite interesting......

"Derby are the best team we've played this season," said Howe.

"They kept the ball very well, which made it difficult for us to get a foothold in the game and try to dominate possession as we like to do.

"They starved us of the ball, really, and it became difficult for us to get some concerted pressure in the game.

Even without being at our best, our possession football makes it hard for other teams to build up a head of steam against us. Its a good sign of how difficult we can be to play against. Not every passing sequence will end in creating a chance but while we're doing it the other team can't do owt to hurt us! 

Lol, it's where I had my first season ticket, hence the name!

And yes, you're right, it's not just about carving teams open, it's also about keeping the ball so they can't score. It's something I tell the kids I coach, just before they nod then boot the ball in the air!

Lol, it's where I had my first season ticket, hence the name!

And yes, you're right, it's not just about carving teams open, it's also about keeping the ball so they can't score. It's something I tell the kids I coach, just before they nod then boot the ball in the air!

In injury time Saturday we kept the ball for at least a minute with short passing and movement. Was lovely to watch. Then Buxton sausageted it out for a goal kick! He played well though so wasn't too harsh on him.

Was nice to see us not going into corners and shielding the ball, bores me to tears and still maintain its a foul. You're not actually playing the ball at any time

We got in the sir percy around one thirty had a few nice pints of Abbot in there. Went into Aruba? and then the usual haunts on a Saturday night....got to say, it is a great town, really cool.

Was a lot of Derby fans around town, a fair few in Walkabout till the early hours.

Was singing 'When you're feeling tired and weary' in the kebab shop with a few, good times. 

Was hoping we'd have taken over Wiggles till 5am, wasnt to be though. 

In injury time Saturday we kept the ball for at least a minute with short passing and movement. Was lovely to watch. Then Buxton sausageted it out for a goal kick! He played well though so wasn't too harsh on him.

Was nice to see us not going into corners and shielding the ball, bores me to tears and still maintain its a foul. You're not actually playing the ball at any time

The rules state that if you are shieldling the ball and within touching distance of it, you are deemed to have it under control therefore it's not a foul. 

The test of a good team is that they can still grind out a result when not playing at their best. I have seen Derby every game this season and Saturday against Bournemouth was a professional outing. Result was all that mattered. Wisdom is a different class. Forsyth had his best game. Bryson was a workhorse, Keogh body on the line performance. However Grant has become a problem. when he first came in I thought we finally have a keeper with a brain and 2 feet unless thicko Fielding. Unfortunately he's not using it properly. Also he now has butter on his gloves and is not dominating his penalty area. Something for Eric to work on. Top 4 by Christmas.

What worries me is the bit about 'Wisdom's a different class'. He isn't our player, and if we're to make a go of it at the next level, we're going to need players of a different class.

Have we got any, and, if not, where are we going to get some from? Hughes' alleged fee won't buy many.

What worries me is the bit about 'Wisdom's a different class'. He isn't our player, and if we're to make a go of it at the next level, we're going to need players of a different class.

Have we got any, and, if not, where are we going to get some from? Hughes' alleged fee won't buy many.

He is our player until the summer though. Wouldn't worry about the next level until we get there

The rules state that if you are shieldling the ball and within touching distance of it, you are deemed to have it under control therefore it's not a foul.

Doesn't mean I agree with the rules, it's anti football. Contributes nothing to the game and is boring to watch.

Archived