"Derby are the best team we've played this season,"

Day

Doesn't mean I agree with the rules, it's anti football. Contributes nothing to the game and is boring to watch.

You would have hated watching John O'Hare and Willie Carlin then. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get some defenders shielding a ball out for a goal kick for about twenty yards! Then shielding it in the corner always seems to lead to confrontations, just bores me and adds nothing to the game.

If you get your body between yourself and the opponent without touching the ball anywhere else it's you that has been deemed to have commit a foul.

Doesn't mean I agree with the rules, it's anti football. Contributes nothing to the game and is boring to watch.

The rule is ok if the player in question has the intention of eventually playing the ball.I agree with you that in the circumstances you outline it's nothing more than obstruction,and blatant obstruction to boot.If needed,rules should change in line with events to ensure the spirit of the game is to the fore

Tbf,eddie,John did usually have the intent of playing the ball,as did Willie when not by the corner flag!

If you get your body between yourself and the opponent without touching the ball anywhere else it's you that has been deemed to have commit a foul.

Not sure about that bit.Shielding a ball until you see a viable passing option seems ok to me.Not sure I've seen too many pulled up for this.As with many rules,it should be about intent.

Tbf,eddie,John did usually have the intent of playing the ball,as did Willie when not by the corner flag!

Chris Martin is becoming such a valuable member of the team. We were under intense pressure in the second half and time after time the ball was scraped up to the halfway line and Martin would somehow come up with it. Just like O'Hare used to.

Ignore Rich3478 on this matter - he's just trolling.

Chris Martin is becoming such a valuable member of the team. We were under intense pressure in the second half and time after time the ball was scraped up to the halfway line and Martin would somehow come up with it. Just like O'Hare used to.

Not at all mate, they scored one, hit the bar twice and our keeper was motm and made at least three top class saves! Hardly a defensive master class was it!

Think it's brilliant we're winning whilst improving on things. I think it might help us Wednesday, a bit of a bollocking for the second half performance. Keep everyone on their toes

Chris Martin was excellent today! Has the turning circle of the titanic and an arse of similar size but a good player. Some of his flicks and touches are top class

Loves a whinge as well doesn't he! Bet he's annoying to play against

YES! At last!

OWEN Coyle told disgruntled Wigan Athletic fans to take a reality-check after a "horrible week" ended with a 3-1 loss to Derby County.

Nine days ago Latics had not lost at the DW Stadium in this campaign and were on the verge of qualifying for the Europa League's last 32.

However, a trio of defeats in front of their own supporters at the hands of Brighton, Zulte Waregem and the Rams has drawn criticism from Latics supporters.

"If it comes through expectation then so be it," Coyle said of the discontent.

RELATED ARTICLES

Derby County into play-off zone after beating FA Cup holders Wigan Athletic

Live: Wigan Athletic v Derby County

Team news: Johnny Russell to start for Derby County at Wigan Athletic

Half-time: Rampant Derby County 3-0 up at FA Cup holders Wigan Athletic

"The expectation can only come from being in the Premier League because it's not as if Wigan Athletic have been winning games every week for four or five years, far from it. Wigan Athletic have been in the bottom three for the last four, five years and managed a few times to escape and they've done brilliantly to do that.

"They won the (FA) Cup which was brilliant but they lost their place in the Premier League and with them losing their place, the players, the ones of big value, left.

"It's building that team and putting it together. If people want to be ultra critical that's the nature of football these days.

"I'm old enough to deal with that; if they think there's something better that's all well and good. That's why we love football, it's all opinion."

Coyle added: "It's hard to take, it's been a horrible week.

"We lost our first game at home last week and it's a week that should have led to a lot more promise than what we've delivered."

Oh, and I forgot to mention, that Derby, they is the bestist team to play here in Wigon this season init.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Owen-Coyle-says-s-horrible-week-Derby-County-beat/story-20246413-detail/story.html#ixzz2mGSrgZAk

Martin is. He's been a cnut when he's played against us. Cheating, diving, moaning and lazy fecker

And he's been my favourite player since about 20 mins into his debut. Exactly what we've needed for years.

No more hard workers chasing down goalkeepers for a cheap applause. No more credit for people who run a lot and score a few.

Martin brings the best out of Bryson. Martin creates and is involved in lots of goals. His neat touches and... poor balance... have eased pressure and turned defence to attack numerous times. In his loan period he just began to show signs of tiredness with a few heavy touches etc.

He's class.

I don't blame him for not running much. Do you lot feel like jogging after you've had a few beers?

Not at all mate, they scored one, hit the bar twice and our keeper was motm and made at least three top class saves! Hardly a defensive master class was it!

Think it's brilliant we're winning whilst improving on things. I think it might help us Wednesday, a bit of a bollocking for the second half performance. Keep everyone on their toes

No, where you are trolling is criticising Martin every other post.

Didn't realise I had! Like Martin, seems to be growing in confidence each game. Light years ahead of Sammon

When you were basically saying that shielding of the ball is 'anti-football'.

Archived