Dates

SSD

Went on a date last night with a very pretty girl, the same age as me. We met up last weekend in town and we got on quite well. We exchanged numbers and was texting each other for most of this week. I'm not too fussed about going on dates so I thought I'd give this one a go, since she was nice.

However for the majority of the date she was constantly on her phone.

Firstly we went to the place of love, Nando's. I'm not a big fan of it, but I thought she'd like to eat there. She was just glued to her phone throughout the entire meal. So in my mind I'm thinking, well she's just not that interested in me. We had a walk afterwards and I tried to have a conversation with her, but again she was stuck with her phone out. And then after the date finished she text me saying, "Can we meet up again?" Sorry duck, no thanks!

Is this common on dates now or was this just a one off rude cow. Just really bugged me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went on a date last night with a very pretty girl, the same age as me. We met up last weekend in town and we got on quite well. We exchanged numbers and was texting each other for most of this week. I'm not too fussed about going on dates so I thought I'd give this one a go, since she was nice.

Firstly we went to the place of love, Nando's. I'm not a big fan of it, but I thought she'd like to eat there. She was just glued to her phone throughout the entire meal. So in my mind I'm thinking, well she's just not that interested in me. We had a walk afterwards and I tried to have a conversation with her, but again she was stuck with her phone out. And then after the date finished she text me saying, "Can we meet up again?" Sorry duck, no thanks!

Is this common on dates now or was this just a one off rude cow. Just really bugged me.

I had a similar problem with a Venezuelan girl.. Beautiful and all that, but when I was out with her she seemed to be on her phone all the time.. She claimed she really liked me and all that but as you say I thought it was rude/ignorant and I got pretty annoyed by it..

People should live in the moment, and with what's around them.. Be social!

The invention of the internet and all the messaging apps you can find has made people constantly use their phones whilst out.. I even get annoyed by it with my mates when we go out to eat or somehting and they're constantly checking their facebook status or something like that.. Feck me, you're hanging out with your mates and they're too busy communicating with other mates/girls through their phones..

Ignorant feckers... feck off!

Probably the rudest thing someone could do on a date tbh. It basically says "I find whatever I'm doing on my phone more interesting than you". Might be forgiven if it was something to do with work but I'm assuming she was just texting friends, right?

Either way, you're better off without her. I'd have probably said something.

Sounds about right. She probably thinks shes hot enough to make 0 effort with you and for you to still be eating out of her hand. You've scored 1 for mankind in f**king her off. Next.

You was either boring or she didn't find you attractive, asking to see you again was just being polite and she would have stood you up.

If she get's in touch again text her back telling her you were hoping something might come of your date but you don't play second fiddle to a mobile phone and she doesn't get two bites at this cherry.

Wish her all the best and ting, (that'll make you appear indifferent to giving her the elbow) but ask her to stop texting you, that'll dent her inflated ego. "http://th188.photobucket.com/albums/z243/fikrikhairat/icon/th_smoking-smiley-5445_0-1" alt="th_smoking-smiley-5445_0-1">

You was either boring or she didn't find you attractive, asking to see you again was just being polite and she would have stood you up.

I don't get it. She said she liked me, then text me then saying do you want to meet up in Derby again for another date.

So what the feck is that all about from her

I don't get it. She said she liked me, then text me then saying do you want to meet up in Derby again for another date.

So what the feck is that all about from her

You're making a very common mistake here....trying to understand women. Don't bother, they don't even know what they want half the time.

Probs 'tweeting' what a fantastic time she was having and posting a photo of her meal, whilst missing everything that was going on around her. Her friends will be at home, reading it all and being jealous and feeling inferior and depressed that they haven't got an exciting life, like her.

I'm glad I'm not young.

I don't allow phones when we're eating at home, or out and it annoys the feck out of me when I'm out shopping with them and they're walking and texting, how they don't all bang into each other, I don't know. Texting to say, I'm outside...come to the door FFS, we,ve got a bell and everything. Half of these kids can't make eye contact anymore. I keep telling my girls, you'll get a double chin keep looking down at your phone.

Probs 'tweeting' what a fantastic time she was having and posting a photo of her meal, whilst missing everything that was going on around her. Her friends will be at home, reading it all and being jealous and feeling inferior and depressed that they haven't got an exciting life, like her.

I'm glad I'm not young.

I don't allow phones when we're eating at home, or out and it annoys the feck out of me when I'm out shopping with them and they're walking and texting, how they don't all bang into each other, I don't know. Texting to say, I'm outside...come to the door FFS, we,ve got a bell and everything. Half of these kids can't make eye contact anymore. I keep telling my girls, you'll get a double chin keep looking down at your phone.

rant over..

I'm glad I'm not young.

You've summed it up there Mrs R. Taking photo's of food lol.

I'm glad I'm not young.

:o People tweet their dinner ? She'd have been more polite eating it never mind tweeting it. 

Maybe it's a generational thing and I'm just an old scrote "http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/thinking/old-025" alt="old-025"> but I think it was bad manners, surely she could have tweeted what a nice time she'd had after the date, no ?

Not nice I know but I would have told her I was going to the toilet, paid the bill and left her to tweet to her heart's content.

Archived