Dates

SSD

I'm not that bad on my phone at all but on holiday last year I had wifi. It was a terrible mistake, I think my girlfriend was starting to lose it with me by the end of the two weeks.

You were right not to pursue it. As much as anything, she sounds boring. Maybe she needs a few drinks and a situation where she can't be on her phone, ie a night out, to not be dull.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not that bad on my phone at all but on holiday last year I had wifi. It was a terrible mistake, I think my girlfriend was starting to lose it with me by the end of the two weeks.

You were right not to pursue it. As much as anything, she sounds boring. Maybe she needs a few drinks and a situation where she can't be on her phone, ie a night out, to not be dull.

She was on a night out though and I'm sure Dan had put his hand in his pocket and had got her some drinks. 

Went on a date last night with a very pretty girl, the same age as me. We met up last weekend in town and we got on quite well. We exchanged numbers and was texting each other for most of this week. I'm not too fussed about going on dates so I thought I'd give this one a go, since she was nice.

However for the majority of the date she was constantly on her phone.

Firstly we went to the place of love, Nando's. I'm not a big fan of it, but I thought she'd like to eat there. She was just glued to her phone throughout the entire meal. So in my mind I'm thinking, well she's just not that interested in me. We had a walk afterwards and I tried to have a conversation with her, but again she was stuck with her phone out. And then after the date finished she text me saying, "Can we meet up again?" Sorry duck, no thanks!

Is this common on dates now or was this just a one off rude cow. Just really bugged me.

It can be a nervous thing.

I do it.

I'm rarely nervous. But on the odd occasion I get nervous I find myself fiddling on my phone. I know somebody else that does it too. Betya she was nervous. Honestly I've not even looked at what I'm doing on my phone I've just been fiddling. Perhaps reading some texts or something. Not reading them though but just sort of pretending to. By accident it's just an easy escape from confronting head on what makes you nervous.

Give her chance if you like her

i've missed you , where you bin ? .. :D

Not far mate, split from the girlfriend again so sent her back to her mams, in London quite a bit now so been trying to sort some accommodation out as my dream of living in and commuting from Derby everyday just isn't possible, no 40k terrace's with gardens here  :(

Steve the Staffordshire traffic warden went to Benidorm. PD stepped in.

Ummm Stoke's not going to regenerate it's self mate, need some sort of income.

Back to the date and the phone... Alpha could be right with nerves? People seem to feel more confident tapping away or with one in their hands now?! Went out with one the other night who drank five big bottles of that fruit cider and wouldn't shut up about herself, think i'd rather the compulsive phone tapper!

Honestly didn't think people did dates anymore.

Thought they just rocked up and got busy.

Yes absolutely. Whatever happened to good, old fashioned courtship?

Grab her hand and go for a walk in the park. No bloody phones allowed.

Archived