Bailey and Legzdins off transfer list

Curtains

Another one that bully nigel took a dislike to.

Who cares? Can we please stop talking about NC? Good move by Schteve - both are decent squad players and well worth keeping on the books for now.

Problem is jayram, if posters make accusations like Troy did above then others are gonna comment. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legzdins is a good keeper IMO. But Bailey didn't stand out in League One and so Coventry didn't come back for him. I think Bailey needs to be more tenacious, then he could be a real player.

as I said in another post, not many players stand out when on loan anyway! Only the real quality ones.

Martin didn't stand out at the same level on loan at Swindon, and he's our best performer so far this season.

as I said in another post, not many players stand out when on loan anyway! Only the real quality ones.

Martin didn't stand out at the same level on loan at Swindon, and he's our best performer so far this season.

I think Bailey needs to be more tenacious i.e close down players, he just seems so laid back, he looks like hes fit/no slouch, but he played like he didn't have any pace.

He is like Mikel, when I watch him play for Chelsea, he doesn't use his pace too much IMO, but he has got it, Nigel signed him so obviously Bailey has been dropped for a reason. Some tenacity and consistency and Bailey could be a very good player.

I keep reading that many fans didn't rate Chris Martin on here. I am confused where this is coming from. Is it from the one or two posts referring to him being unfit when he first came or is it from DCFC fans out in the wider world?

The vast majority who i know and speak to rate him very highly..

There were a few who spouted the old 'Not good enough for Nottingham Forest™ Derby County' line when we were rumoured to be after him - and of course first impressions are NEVER wrong, are they?

Too right! However, I'd rather concentrate on the present than the past personally.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana

No-one came in for them.

The window is shut.

No much point being on the transfer list.

May as well settle them down and get them focussed on Dcfc

Both players have something to prove.

I'd quite like to see bailey coming back into it.

I've forgotten if he's any good or not.

What I see is a team that is 100% a unit. SM commented on this as well within the first few days of him being here. Totally down to the FIFO management methods of the previous manager.

FIFO - Fit in or F off ???

Legzdins is a good keeper IMO. But Bailey didn't stand out in League One and so Coventry didn't come back for him. I think Bailey needs to be more tenacious, then he could be a real player.

I thought Coventry were interested but couldn't afford him, what with having absolutely zero money to their name. From what I've heard from Coventry fans, he was very good there.

That kind of makes me like him even more though. It sounds bad but these people aren't his friends, they are his highly paid employees and his neck is on the line if they don't perform or don't do as they're instructed. I'd say it was kind of his job to be ruthless and be the "Boss"

You could say Sam Rush is ruthless too......

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana

Many of us are unlikely to forget it for a very long time :) 

I'd like a bit of help to get over it though and I'm now sick of reading the same old things from those who continue to gloat.

What do you base your assessment of Morch on? I thought he was very highly rated?

Deeney really should not be here much longer.

My judgement of Morch was purely based on his warm up at Watford. His technique was very very poor, couldn't hold a thing, and you can see at certain points, Steele was looking exaspirated. I was with my old man who is an ex pro keeper, and I played to a decent level myself before injury. Wasn't up to much in my eyes.

Is that a fact or just a best guess? Not being facetious, but I vaguely remember someone saying they had some inside knowledge of what went down beyond the party line of "not good enough to make the team but too good to sit on the bench every week, so may as well try and sell him"

To be honest, I just assumed as his treatment of players has been far from great in the past. People I know within the club say they are far happier now.

On a side note, according to them, Steve Davies was "got rid of because Clough didn't like him".

Archived