Bailey and Legzdins off transfer list

Curtains

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not what I was told. But I know nothing. I speak troyisms.

When he went to bristol someone came on here and reported that they witnessed a conversation between davies and derek mcinnes in which davies was very highly critical of clough.

It is probably true that they they didn't get on.....maybe davies wanted out, but i seem to remember that clough took some persuading to let him go.

?

you say that, but if someone offers a source, you then want video evidence and a sworn statement!

Put it this way, I personally have been told by 6 (current at the time) Derby players over the last 3 years, 4 staff members, parents of 2 academy players (who have now left the Derby academy and moved to Forest and West Brom respectively), and a couple of junior coaches, that Clough was a bully and made the place miserable for the ones who weren't his favourites.

Mostyn I don't doubt if you're posting it on here it's true, but to be honest in my mind it says more about the players than it does about the manager.

Young lads nowadays get ferried round all over the country on decent money to play football matches. They get fed, watered, told what to eat, how to keep fit. EVERYTHING is done for them.

Gone are the days of having a senior player to look after, washing their boots and kit, earning your stripes. I imagine Nige is of that ilk, and when people didn't tow the line he probably did get p*ssed off, and I don't think that's unreasonable. A bully in the mind of a pampered pro footballer is probably totally different to a bully in the mind of a normal working Joe like us.

Rather than him having favourites I'd argue he probably has players that train hard, to the level he expects, and he'll have some players that don't. I doubt he signs players with pre conceived ideas that they're going to be his teacher's pet for the next two years.

Footballers, by and large, are arrogant w*nkers and for all the criticism you want to throw at Nige, he's not an arrogant bloke - hard work is probably the one value that defines him as a person. I'm sure there will have been personality clashes but there are two sides to every story.

And if these young lads think Nige is a bully, imagine if they'd worked under his Dad.

Knew Bailey was gonna get back in and around the squad.

They rate Morch quite highly though? Was thinking Legzdins was being offloaded.

Legzdins is a nice bloke.

Bailey seems a nice lad. He's just young and earning good money and is a bit flash.

That's what most people want to do! He's a lad. You get flashy ***** in offices and stuff don't you?

Knew Bailey was gonna get back in and around the squad.

They rate Morch quite highly though? Was thinking Legzdins was being offloaded.

Legzdins is a nice bloke.

Bailey seems a nice lad. He's just young and earning good money and is a bit flash.

That's what most people want to do! He's a lad. You get flashy ***** in offices and stuff don't you?

You're right about Legzdins - was getting the train back after Ipswich a couple of years ago and he was on the platform. A few drunk (friendly) Derby fans went over for a chat and he was stood gabbing away with them.

Love to see stuff like that. Makes you think that they are human, after all.

I know this sounds like a bit of a soft comment, but at the moment our squad seem to be made of good people. Might be totally wrong and they might have no moral compass outside of a football pitch, but for the first time in a few years it feels like the players actually have values. Might be something to do with the local element (Bucko, Bennett, Legz, Hughes).

I'd have Bryson round my house for tea. Anything he wants.

I don't know.

All I know was I had a meeting with someone from Derby about something unrelated and I spoke highly of Davies. He/she said if only Clough felt the same. He was offloaded because nigel didn't like him.

He/she?

Fair enough.....i couldn't ever quite make up my mind about him tbh.

Nigel seemed to fall out with so many that it could be true.

Still......ultimately he paid the price for selling shackell.

If shackell was still here, we wouldn't be shipping silly goals, and nigel might still have a job.

He/she?

Fair enough.....i couldn't ever quite make up my mind about him tbh.

Nigel seemed to fall out with so many that it could be true.

Still......ultimately he paid the price for selling shackell.

If shackell was still here, we wouldn't be shipping silly goals, and nigel might still have a job.

I always liked Davies. Had the ability to win matches simply with a moment of brilliance. Would love to have him now.

Archived