Bailey and Legzdins off transfer list

Curtains

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news.

Ledz is ten times better than Deeney and Morch.

Bailey is excellent cover in the centre of the park. He can sit and hold. Theres no way Eustace can physically play every game.

Another one that bully nigel took a dislike to.

What do you base your assessment of Morch on? I thought he was very highly rated?

Deeney really should not be here much longer.

Another one that bully nigel took a dislike to.

Is that a fact or just a best guess? Not being facetious, but I vaguely remember someone saying they had some inside knowledge of what went down beyond the party line of "not good enough to make the team but too good to sit on the bench every week, so may as well try and sell him"

Is that a fact or just a best guess? Not being facetious, but I vaguely remember someone saying they had some inside knowledge of what went down beyond the party line of "not good enough to make the team but too good to sit on the bench every week, so may as well try and sell him"

How dare you try and derail a perfectly good character assassination.....

How dare you try and derail a perfectly good character assassination.....

you say that, but if someone offers a source, you then want video evidence and a sworn statement!

Put it this way, I personally have been told by 6 (current at the time) Derby players over the last 3 years, 4 staff members, parents of 2 academy players (who have now left the Derby academy and moved to Forest and West Brom respectively), and a couple of junior coaches, that Clough was a bully and made the place miserable for the ones who weren't his favourites.

you say that, but if someone offers a source, you then want video evidence and a sworn statement!

Put it this way, I personally have been told by 6 (current at the time) Derby players over the last 3 years, 4 staff members, parents of 2 academy players (who have now left the Derby academy and moved to Forest and West Brom respectively), and a couple of junior coaches, that Clough was a bully and made the place miserable for the ones who weren't his favourites.

That kind of makes me like him even more though. It sounds bad but these people aren't his friends, they are his highly paid employees and his neck is on the line if they don't perform or don't do as they're instructed. I'd say it was kind of his job to be ruthless and be the "Boss"

That kind of makes me like him even more though. It sounds bad but these people aren't his friends, they are his highly paid employees and his neck is on the line if they don't perform or don't do as they're instructed. I'd say it was kind of his job to be ruthless and be the "Boss"

Which would be fine if they did perform! haha

If you're not in the first team you'll be unhappy - its human nature!

The fact is that both Legs and Bails are Clough signings.....i must have missed the constant transfer requests from them to get away from his "bullying".....

Talk of the previous manager bring a bully are well wide of the mark. If you gave 100% you were part of the unit. If you lacked the commitment you were outside of it. Same with most clubs and exactly the way it should be.

that would be fair enough, I wouldn't argue with that mindset, however, judging someone's committment and effort is a subjective measure. Where one person thinks for example, Chris Martin is lazy (as many fans did), another might think he's using his intelligent to conserve his energy for a opportunity to use it.

Whether it's a good or bad thing, again is down to opinion, but ruling by fear, using aggression and undermining tactics, are pre-historic methods in the workplace now, and football is no longer different. People nowadays know they are entitled to be treated a certain way, and whilst some react to a good (theoretical) kick up the arse, in my experience, the majority react better to good man-management and encouragement over shouting them down in front of their peers. I've probably managed over 400 different people in my career, of differing mindsets, some aggressive themselves, others passive and lacking self-confidence.

Football is a confidence + performance fuelled job, it's not like you can hide a bad day.

I keep reading that many fans didn't rate Chris Martin on here. I am confused where this is coming from. Is it from the one or two posts referring to him being unfit when he first came or is it from DCFC fans out in the wider world?

The vast majority who i know and speak to rate him very highly..

True enough Mostyn - and let's look at Legz and Bailey - they don't look at all like vain, arrogant over-paid tossers at all do they?

I think some of them seem to mistake being a sportsman for being a celebrity

Blimey!

Judging people by their hairstyles and suntans.

Archived