Football.

TroyDyer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a ***** corrupt game played by arrogant ***** and the big money men that dictate the game are cnuts.

There's no atmosphere in grounds. There's a lack of humour in the game and Sky Sports have ruined the excitement.

I'm addicted but its *****. I hate football. Honestly

It's a ***** corrupt game played by arrogant ***** and the big money men that dictate the game are cnuts.

There's no atmosphere in grounds. There's a lack of humour in the game and Sky Sports have ruined the excitement.

I'm addicted but its *****. I hate football. Honestly

If football were a drug it would be class AAA.

Like you, right now I pretty much hate everything about the game (you missed diving and annoying pundits off by the way).

I've spent tens of thousands following The Rams and England and pretty much have nothing to show for it yet I still go in the hope one day that will change.

Aye. Cracking league, did you watch Real Madrid v Sevilla ? I was glad for Bale, didn't get why he didn't take last free kick, when on a hat-trick.

Yeh, he looked out of his league against Barca but he's a good finisher.. And that's all that matters in this Real side... He'll ghet plenty of chances, meaning he'll score plenty of goals..

I'd be suprised if he doesn't get at least 20 this season in all competitions..

Sevilla haven't won away from home in almost a year, yet this season they've already scored 5 away at Barca and Real Madrid.. I bet no other side in the league does that!

It is a cracking league.. What I love most about it is that all of the sides get broken up by the PL riches.. The likes of Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Real Betis, Atletico Madrid, Deportivo have all had cracking sides over the past 8 years or so.. And 4 of those 7 have been relegated due to losing all of their best players.. But the best part is they've been built back up again and not done so by spending millions.. They've all produced their own players or invested well in the South American market to built up fantastic sides again..

The lower league sides in the PL play boring percentage football to try and get to that 40 point mark.. In La Liga they all play the continental style (which I prefer) and they all do it using home grown players.. They don't need to invest millions to buy fancy foreigners to add abit of flair because it's already in their DNA

I cling on to today's football in the hope that it will to return to how it was in the 90s. Not just Derby, but the sport in general.

Don't like it at the moment, haven't for a while.

Go away to Hull/Middlesbrough/Leicester/Bolton/Cardiff/Doncaster/Wigan and they all roll in to one. Identikits with no noise - it's quite dull, really.

Then there's the Prem. 'Super Sunday'. Norwich Fulham. Glorifying a 0-0 draw because they wouldn't want anything bad said about a game on their station.

My age dictates my bias, obviously, but - the 90s!!!!! Newcastle going at teams with effectively 5 forwards, some of the best strikers in the world being English (Wright, Fowler, Le Tiss, Shearer, Ferdinand, Cole, Owen), real characters like Gazza and Vinnie Jones playing in this country. Being in tight old grounds, packing in the noise. Schmeichel, Cantona, Bergkamp, Ginola. Outrageous.

Players ripping their shirt off/running in to the crowd through sheer ecstacy of scoring without being booked.

Norwich dicking Bayern Munich in their own backyard.

Blackburn winning the title.

'I WOULD LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM, LOVE IT!!!!!!!'. Imagine a PL manager showing that emotion now. Even Holloway was like a limp d*ck towards the end of his time at Palace. Instead it's 'well we think the referee has made the wrong decision there' or 'I don't want to get roped in to commenting on that today, Geoff'. zzzzzzzz

It was just brilliant - a happy time in my memory that I don't think we'll ever get back. But I live in hope.

I mentioned on another thread somewhere, but the PL is like the NFL for me now - it's a theatre, on TV each week purely for my entertainment. I'm so detached from the players, and Sky, that it's like watching a soap, to me. Which is sad I guess, but it's just washed over me now.

I'm like Alpha, I'm addicted to watching it, rather than being in love with it.

With you there Asanovic regarding Sky, blimey, Sky Sports News is basically one massive plug for what matches/fights or whatever they are showing.

Also, I yearn for the days when players weren't so up themselves and permitted the shortening of their christian names, no Michael's, James's, David.s and Robert's back in the day, they were Mick/Mike, Jim/Jimmy, Dave and Bob/Bobby. The pretentiousness of some of them make me heave.

Rightly or wrongly, I believe people of a certain age have seen the best of english football and whereas once upon a time I'd watch any game that was on, I find myself deleting stuff I've Sky +ed without even watching it these days.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I could attend live games with the frequency I did before the kids came along, who knows.

What a post Asanovic!!

I imagine you're similar age(ish) to me,28?

I bet football was even better before our 90's.

We caught its last breath.

Look at the game now. What cnuts that play it. How dishonest they play it. How much back scratching there is. Look what they've done to the FA Cup!!

Look at the relationship between fan and player!

And the actual game!! Football used to get played on the deck far more. They say Rio Ferdinand was the first English ball playing CB!!? What?? I've watched plenty of old videos to say that Derby and Forest atleast can counter claim!!

Football was reinvented at some point. Sky Sports? Now they start history from there.

Some things are better imo. The European Cup now has the best teams. I like that more because I don't think I'd want to call Anderlecht champions of Europe because Real Madrid and Dortmund etc weren't allowed to enter. But I suppose that's another argument.

The pitches are better (so god knows how the football is worse! The played on sand at the BBG better than these lads play on this carpet.

I'm not old. I'm not stuck down memory lane but unless a rich Oil Tycoon comes in with billions to a 'new club' then you can predict the PL winners of the next 10 years.

Never see a club come up like Forest or Derby.

Basically listen to any old boy tell the stories and forget ever seeing it for yourself.

I know that might be selective memory and nostalgia but;

Next weekend in our 2nd tier a player will get sent off in a near silent and empty ground for a tackle that's not even slightly dangerous while a player playing in the bottom end of the next division up will get a yellow card for taking off his shirt (yes, taking off his shirt!) and one will earn in 2 months what the other earns in a week.

Meanwhile FIFA will plan to play the Euro Championships across Europe like a circus so fans can't follow. Before deciding whether to have a World Cup in the middle of most top players domestic season.

If it weren't for Middle East Prince's then we could probably name 4 teams that can win the PL EVER again.

I'm sure it's exciting for Chelsea fans but there's quite a huge number of clubs just struggling to survive and dream of playing Chelsea reserves in a meaningless cup.

Even us, a 2nd tier side, can't imagine playing Real Madrid again. They are that out of reach.

I cling on to today's football in the hope that it will to return to how it was in the 90s. Not just Derby, but the sport in general.

Don't like it at the moment, haven't for a while.

Go away to Hull/Middlesbrough/Leicester/Bolton/Cardiff/Doncaster/Wigan and they all roll in to one. Identikits with no noise - it's quite dull, really.

Then there's the Prem. 'Super Sunday'. Norwich Fulham. Glorifying a 0-0 draw because they wouldn't want anything bad said about a game on their station.

My age dictates my bias, obviously, but - the 90s!!!!! Newcastle going at teams with effectively 5 forwards, some of the best strikers in the world being English (Wright, Fowler, Le Tiss, Shearer, Ferdinand, Cole, Owen), real characters like Gazza and Vinnie Jones playing in this country. Being in tight old grounds, packing in the noise. Schmeichel, Cantona, Bergkamp, Ginola. Outrageous.

Players ripping their shirt off/running in to the crowd through sheer ecstacy of scoring without being booked.

Norwich dicking Bayern Munich in their own backyard.

Blackburn winning the title.

'I WOULD LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM, LOVE IT!!!!!!!'. Imagine a PL manager showing that emotion now. Even Holloway was like a limp d*ck towards the end of his time at Palace. Instead it's 'well we think the referee has made the wrong decision there' or 'I don't want to get roped in to commenting on that today, Geoff'. zzzzzzzz

It was just brilliant - a happy time in my memory that I don't think we'll ever get back. But I live in hope.

I mentioned on another thread somewhere, but the PL is like the NFL for me now - it's a theatre, on TV each week purely for my entertainment. I'm so detached from the players, and Sky, that it's like watching a soap, to me. Which is sad I guess, but it's just washed over me now.

I'm like Alpha, I'm addicted to watching it, rather than being in love with it.

Erm..

Isn't Pride Park one of those identikits you have described? I agree they are dreadful stadiums but Pot Kettle much?

What a post Asanovic!!

I imagine you're similar age(ish) to me,28?

I bet football was even better before our 90's.

We caught its last breath.

Look at the game now. What cnuts that play it. How dishonest they play it. How much back scratching there is. Look what they've done to the FA Cup!!

Look at the relationship between fan and player!

And the actual game!! Football used to get played on the deck far more. They say Rio Ferdinand was the first English ball playing CB!!? What?? I've watched plenty of old videos to say that Derby and Forest atleast can counter claim!!

Football was reinvented at some point. Sky Sports? Now they start history from there.

Some things are better imo. The European Cup now has the best teams. I like that more because I don't think I'd want to call Anderlecht champions of Europe because Real Madrid and Dortmund etc weren't allowed to enter. But I suppose that's another argument.

The pitches are better (so god knows how the football is worse! The played on sand at the BBG better than these lads play on this carpet.

I'm not old. I'm not stuck down memory lane but unless a rich Oil Tycoon comes in with billions to a 'new club' then you can predict the PL winners of the next 10 years.

Never see a club come up like Forest or Derby.

Basically listen to any old boy tell the stories and forget ever seeing it for yourself.

I know that might be selective memory and nostalgia but;

Next weekend in our 2nd tier a player will get sent off in a near silent and empty ground for a tackle that's not even slightly dangerous while a player playing in the bottom end of the next division up will get a yellow card for taking off his shirt (yes, taking off his shirt!) and one will earn in 2 months what the other earns in a week.

Meanwhile FIFA will plan to play the Euro Championships across Europe like a circus so fans can't follow. Before deciding whether to have a World Cup in the middle of most top players domestic season.

If it weren't for Middle East Prince's then we could probably name 4 teams that can win the PL EVER again.

I'm sure it's exciting for Chelsea fans but there's quite a huge number of clubs just struggling to survive and dream of playing Chelsea reserves in a meaningless cup.

Even us, a 2nd tier side, can't imagine playing Real Madrid again. They are that out of reach.

Yes mate, I'm 26. You're right, we got the very last of the good bits. I'm sure there were people in the 90's harking about the 80's. I'm sure they were right! I guess you can only talk about what you know.

I 100% agree with you. The tossers that play the game now ruin it. Who do you feel represents you on the pitch? That understands you can actually barely afford to fork out hundreds on a season ticket, so they'll bust their ******** every game for you? Probably Buxton - that's about it.

Some of the players from when I first started watching - Kuhl, Yates, Powell, Rowett, Forsyth, Carsley. Players who would die for the cause. They barely exist these days (in Uncle Albert voice).

I missed off the FA Cup for fear of rambling, but you've opened up the door here. 5.15pm finals. Semi finals at Wembley. It's totally ruined. The deconstruction of the Cup Winners Cup has devalued the competition so the suits feel like they can do what they want with it. Old Trafford and Villa Park are old, proper football grounds steeped in history. Taking prestigious events away from those places sums up what has happened to football.

If you're a player, the game is probably the best it's ever been. If you're a supporter, though, it's dull as dishwater.

Atmospheres are crap, and it's not surprising. Young men, between 18 and 25 (I guess), make the most noise. They're the ones who can't afford it. Stood around me yesterday were lads alot older than me, in to their 30s and 40s. Will I be bouncing all over the shop when I'm 35? Bet your balls I won't. I'll shout when we attack but I won't be the heart and soul. That's for the younger crowd. Except they can't afford it.

The amount of football on TV is ridiculous as well. People used to get by watching MOTD, and maybe a game on a Sunday. Now it's 2 on a Sunday, 2 on a Saturday, 1 on a Monday, 1 on a Friday. 'Everything accesible to everyone' is the world we live in now, but to me it makes the game a bit less sacred. People feel they need Sky just to keep up with what is going on. I do, I'll admit. Until Sky goes bust the game won't change.

Looking forward to the dramatic violins for Cardiff Swansea.

I told you all a few years ago that the 'Chelsea 10 men parked on the edge of the penalty area' was setting a new trend of defensive football and by God it's coming true..

Seriously, where are the goals? Obviously every now and again you get the odd thrashing (Man City 7-0 Norwich) but teams are becoming more and more accustomed to playing that Chelsea way.. Especially against those that like to pass the ball around..

Holland is renowned for alot of goals.. Yet it's become so tactical this year that freescoring Ajax have failed to score at home for 3 games running.. The PL is now littered with such obvious 0-0 bore draws it's tedious.. Everton vs Spurs right now, I can't recall a single decent save in the whole game.. WHU 0-0 Villa... Obvious.. It's actually getting to the stage in the PL where one in every 5 games is either 0-0 or 1-0.. This weekend alone has only produced 9 goals from 16 sides (other than the Manchester clubs)..

Boring!

Where are the goals!?

Serie A and the Bundesliga seem the leagues to be in for goals at the moment!

Archived