It's been a good start by Stevo,Simmo,and Steely

Curtains

A lot of work to do but I am impressed so far with how things are going .

Enjoyed the game against Brum and I was impressed with how Clark set his team out against us.

Derby looked to have a good shape and I thought we played well . 8 points out of 12 is a good return from the last 4 games

Looking forward to when Hendrick is fit again but I have been impressed with Eustace and Bryson has been playing fantastic as has Wardy.

Bucko played well on Saturday I even found myself calling him Buckenbaur and Keogh was good

The new lads Dawkins an Wisdom did well .

Be interesting how Steve goes when Zac is back.

Onwards and upwards RAMS4LIFE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that 2nd half had been under Clough you'd have moaned like fook! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, yeah, decent start and a bit of oomph about the place.

The Clough debate will go on.

For me the Rams did ok second half but Martin was clearly not himself . The goal we conceded was unfortunate as Wisdom played the Brum goalscorer onside.

Was surprised in the first half with the amount of corners and free kicks that Brum got.

On another day we may have conceded so at least that's an improvement.

Brum had a game plan and Clark is a canny manager and I know they lost to Leeds the previous week but this league is strange as Huddersfield then beat leeds .

I wouldn't disagree on the whole, but I am concerned that Jamie Ward is proving to be a 60 minute man (IF that!!) before becoming largely anonymous.

Has a problem with his hamstrings tightening up I believe but is trying to keep going. I like Wardy he did a lot of running on Saturday. Buckenbaur put him in on goal first half and he maybe should have scored but took his goal really well. Nearly had a hat trick against Watford but 4 goals in 4 games is pretty good. Can't wait for Jeff Hendrick to get fit as he uses the ball so well . Rome wasn't built in a day and there will be ups and downs.

I think the speed we moved the ball v Ipswich, Leeds and first half v Watford was good and a clear indication of the way we want to play.

I was dissapointed with just how much possession Leeds had. I know it was mostly harmless but for us to be playing on the counter at home to a team no better than us I was a bit put out with.

Watford second half I don't understand what happened. It's wasn't great though. We just lost shape and ironically it was only our defending that got us through 35 minutes of Watford dominance in that half.

Brum... I thought it was like watching Clough's Derby. Which of course is going to come through because they've been drilled to play a certain way for 2 years or so most of them. A couple even longer.

So a bit of a mixed bag. I'm not bothered though. It will take time. I'm impressed by what they say.

I can't shake off what Twente fans have said though. That they were the best team in the league playing defensive/counter football.

I'm not saying Mac Out. I'm just hoping we don't use the Leeds performance as a prototype. Maybe Leeds just played into our hands?

It's a bit early to be judging though. When I was angry about Clough I said I think it should be promotion or sack for McClaren as Nigel could get us mid table. Think that was a bit ridiculous now. He's still got to put a nice finish on this season.

It's very early.

Good points return , like the fact we are starting to try to play for 90 mins going forward when the opportunity arises.

At the end of the day you are like me just wanting the best for the Rams. I think we are in good hands but only time will tell. I think Mac is trying to give the current players every chance it's up to them to step up to the mark and it's encouraging so far.

I wouldn't disagree on the whole, but I am concerned that Jamie Ward is proving to be a 60 minute man (IF that!!) before becoming largely anonymous.

I have noticed that recently. I would accept giving his legs a rest to save injury if he keeps knocking the goals in. My only concern is that he tends to be anonymous in the second half before being taken off.

It's a bit early to be judging though. When I was angry about Clough I said I think it should be promotion or sack for McClaren as Nigel could get us mid table. Think that was a bit ridiculous now. He's still got to put a nice finish on this season.

It's very early.

Clough had 5 years and 9 (I think) transfer windows and managed 10th as a best placed finish.

Arguably there were a lot of book balancing, but at least for the last 2/3 years, its was his team and his style implemented.

I think Mac will have us in and around 10th again, if not maybe higher. Then a few quid in the summer and a big push.

There was absolutely zero indication of anything but a midtable finish if Clough had stayed.

Clough had 5 years and 9 (I think) transfer windows and managed 10th as a best placed finish.

Arguably there were a lot of book balancing, but at least for the last 2/3 years, its was his team and his style implemented.

I think Mac will have us in and around 10th again, if not maybe higher. Then a few quid in the summer and a big push.

There was absolutely zero indication of anything but a midtable finish if Clough had stayed.

A few quid in the summer to replace Bryson and Hughes? 

To me things just feel fresher; tactics, organisation etc. It's going to take time to change attitudes but I think the new regime will get us a top 10 finish with a view to some proper investment in the summer of 2014 and a push next season. The first four games under Steve Mac have been just what the doctor ordered, a couple of decent wins and draws and I just feel much happier and more confident that we will move forward now.

Lazy linker :lol:

ERIC Steele says Derby County are determined to build on the past month.

The Rams’ new management team of head coach Steve McClaren, first-team coach Paul Simpson and goalkeeping coach Steele was appointed four weeks ago today.

Derby are unbeaten in that time having drawn against Ipswich Town and Birmingham City, and beaten Leeds United and Watford.

Eights points from 12 have lifted the team to eighth in the Championship ahead of Saturday’s visit to face Queens Park Rangers.

Steele says it has been a whirlwind month but an enjoyable and encouraging one.

He has also praised the response of the players.

“The players have given everything in terms of commitment,” Steele said.

“Training has been terrific to watch. The tempo and the appetite to train has been outstanding and we are starting to see little bits coming through in the games.

“The work rate and ethic within the group was never in doubt. This is a very, very good group.

“They want to work and want to learn, and they are going to do that under Steve, definitely.

“It has been a good four weeks and we are happy with the way it has gone.

“There have been enough encouraging signs for the future.

“It’s a gradual process and we want to build on every result.”

Derby were held to a 1-1 draw by Birmingham City at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday to leave players and management frustrated.

“We see it as a chance missed to build on what we have done and to build on a great result at Watford the previous week,” said Steele.

“Obviously, we are still very pleased in terms of chances created.

“I think we are being spoiled a little bit. We had scored four goals, and three goals twice, and you think it is going to be the same but that is not the way the Championship works. The law of averages says you will not do that every week.

“The fact we created chances early on against Birmingham was pleasing. It would have been nice had one gone in and maybe it would have made the game a little bit different.

“We are continuing to make chances and that is very encouraging.

“I think we have done what Steve (McClaren) said from the start. We wanted to have a look at the players at the club and give them the chance both in training and in games.

“I don’t think we have had a game yet where we haven’t used 14 players.”

DERBY County expect leading scorer Chris Martin to be fit to face Queens Park Rangers at the weekend.

Martin struggled with a back problem in the build-up to last Saturday’s game against Birmingham City at Pride Park.

The striker missed a couple of days’ training and was substituted after an hour of the 1-1 draw.

“Chris was very brave in terms of saying he wanted to play,” said the Rams’ goalkeeping coach Eric Steele.

“Typical of the great spirit among the boys here, which has always been here, he wanted to get out and play against Birmingham.”

The injury was assessed by the club’s medical team yesterday.

Asked if Martin would be ready for the QPR game at Loftus Road on Saturday, Steele said: “There is no reason why not.”

Martin has scored seven goals in 15 starts this season.

A few quid in the summer to replace Bryson and Hughes?

Possibly. I don't have a problem with that if the money's right.

I would glady sell Hughes for a large war chest. My only concern is this season hes gone backward if anything, thus so has his pricetag.

12 million for the two and we'll be laughing.

If you took that whole sum, plus a decent kitty mac would be getting anyway, that's a million pound player for every position.

Archived