It's been a good start by Stevo,Simmo,and Steely

Curtains

Yes in that game he was terrible trying to pass it on the half way line, he should have booted it in the corner like we did against QPR at home in the last minute. That worked as well. All good teams boot it in the corners don't they?

Ah, I thought you were saying that Tommy was that good that he should have been beyond criticism for giving the goal away. Must have misunderstood.

Lots of people on here don't like us giving goals away, irrespective of manager. They just like us to win. I'm not that bothered.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree if you play out which is the best way long term they will get caught the odd time as Watford do, Swansea do and even barca do, yet the are all pretty good teams. It's great to hear him not having a go and he seemed more gutted about another goal from a set piece.

It even drives me mad down the park with the kids, the coach tries to get them to pass the ball out and the odd time they get caught out, then all the parents start shouting boot it every time a defender gets the ball. Then we wonder why we don't produce defenders who can play out from the back.

Whinge over

Yeah.

All that seems to matter is the result on that day. What about the future?!? Becoming a better team?!?

I hate it when people say 'its about results' and 'winning is all that matters'

What about next year? 5 years? I don't get it. Why don't they want to develop kids into good footballers. What does losing one or two games matter compared to developing good players under pressure?

I haven't got a little boy but if his manager told him to hoof it down the line for a winger to chase all the time I'd be annoyed. What does he get out of that? Let him get caught in possession a few times and watch him move it quicker and think faster.

Yeah.

All that seems to matter is the result on that day. What about the future?!? Becoming a better team?!?

I hate it when people say 'its about results' and 'winning is all that matters'

What about next year? 5 years? I don't get it. Why don't they want to develop kids into good footballers. What does losing one or two games matter compared to developing good players under pressure?

I haven't got a little boy but if his manager told him to hoof it down the line for a winger to chase all the time I'd be annoyed. What does he get out of that? Let him get caught in possession a few times and watch him move it quicker and think faster.

Agree but in our first team, of the defenders how many do you think will still be here or are good enough to develop and benefit from playing the ball out from the back in 3/4 years time?? I would be far less opposed if we had a number of young very promising defenders but that's not the reality of the situation at the min keep it tight at the back and allow or very good midfield and attack to pass and develop and express themselves

Ah, I thought you were saying that Tommy was that good that he should have been beyond criticism for giving the goal away. Must have misunderstood.

Lots of people on here don't like us giving goals away, irrespective of manager. They just like us to win. I'm not that bothered.

What Clough failed to mention was the suicide pass from Savage that put cywka in trouble in the first place.

That's something new - never heard mention of it being Savages fault at the time.

It was a series of calamities and bad luck. Dreadful pass by Savage, then cwyka was fouled, then nugent hit a one in a hundred screamer.

I think the post game interview was disgusting.

Archived