Best away game you've been too.

Mafiabob

Seeing as we've had a few of these kind of threads popping up......

Bristol City away 91/92 Season. Won 2-1.... Micklewhite scored late. It rained hailed sleet snow that day on a uncovered terrace. Nearly 4000 Derby there. We had no seating allocated but remember a C Stand chant coming from there main stand! I was 13 when went there! Great time!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew, toughie.

The away win in the league cup at Leicester when Bobby D scored in front of around 8k Derby fans, or the 1-0 at Sheff U when Phil Gee scored the winner in front of around 8k Derby fans.

Both memorable for the night I had after as well as a great days football, but that's another story.

Just thought of another, the 4-4 at Bolton on a Sunday, Bianno Eranio etc, then saw Weller at Manchester Apollo on the same night, followed by an Irish club till 2am and a curry. Great days.

Lincoln away when we took around 5k in the 3rd division, also Darlington away on a Monday night, Bournemouth first away game in the 3rd, Shrewsbury, also took the place over.

Arsenal 2-0 when Deano took the piss out of Adams, so many great memories.

Sheffield Wednesday 06/07 season is up there.

1-0 down until late on when Pesch got the equalizer, we was all celebrating the point, and then Stevie Howard popped up with the winner in the 90+ minute. 

if I remember rightly Barnes got sent off in that game too, so we won with 10 men.

I remember that one too, great day.

quote name="Mafiabob" post="506590" timestamp="1382622032"]Seeing as we've had a few of these kind of threads popping up......

Bristol City away 91/92 Season. Won 2-1.... Micklewhite scored late. It rained hailed sleet snow that day on a uncovered terrace. Nearly 4000 Derby there. We had no seating allocated but remember a C Stand chant coming from there main stand! I was 13 when went there! Great time!

I was there with my mate! As you say it was absolutely pouring down all game - on an open terrace packed with Rams fans singing 'We are going up say we are going up' and 'Arthur Coxs black and white army' for 90 minutes - absolutely fabulous support that makes the hairs in the back of your neck stand up. Days like these make me so proud to be a Rams fan.

quote name="Mafiabob" post="506590" timestamp="1382622032"]Seeing as we've had a few of these kind of threads popping up......

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fGexeRF21u0

I think this short clip is the one but doesnt really do the game, atmosphere, abject weather conditions justice. Remember huddling under our big flag trying to keep out the rain at half time. Got piss wet through! Taking 4k away in those days was often the norm..

I was there with my mate! As you say it was absolutely pouring down all game - on an open terrace packed with Rams fans singing 'We are going up say we are going up' and 'Arthur Coxs black and white army' for 90 minutes - absolutely fabulous support that makes the hairs in the back of your neck stand up. Days like these make me so proud to be a Rams fan.

Totally agree, it was brilliant, getting shoved around on the terraces. Singing all game, getting proper drenched! Took over Bristol that day.

I remember 3 successive victories at the theatre of dead trees under Brian Clough's management with great fondness, especially because I was at school in Nottingham for the first two of them, but for me the best non-European away game was on 16 September, 1969. We played Newcastle away and beat them 1-0 through a Roy McFarland goal. The match wasn't that special, and we got absolutely soaked through to the skin - but at five o'clock when we got back to Wheildon's bus and heard the results come in one by one, it dawned upon us that Derby County had just gone to the top of the First Division.

That trip home was special - because we were special.

Was there in the main stand, felt sorry for the poor buggers on the terrace as it was pelting. CStand!!

Kicked off in that car park after.

Manchester United 2 Derby County 3

Great win and the debut of Poom and Wanchope. Plus Wanchope's goal was sublime... What a game!

May have wrote about this before but that day was up there!

2 mini buses from Utch and we had an invite to Stretford Labour Club, 20 minute walk from OT. Got there early doors, by the time the local Mancs started pouring in we had a large room to ourselves with flags and scarves draped all round.....amazing atmosphere in there and tbf to the mancs, a good craic as well.

Walk up to the ground was surreall, thousands of reds and 30 odd pissed up Derby singing their hearts out. The match, the Wanchope goal, the walk back to the club, drinking in there until 8pm, singing, dancing, stopping in Stoke on the way back, everything about the day was superb.

One or two of us still rate that day as the "If Carlsberg did football" perfect day out. :D

Archived