Best away game you've been too.

Mafiabob

Seeing the topic title my immediate thought was Newcastle 0 Derby 1 could not remember the date but can still see Roy Mc scoring that goal as clear as anything . I had travelled up to Newcastle on the Ramaway Special Train - gosh those were the days - a whole train full of DC supporters. It got interesting at the ground however. There was little or no segregation in those days and of course Newcastle played in Black and White also, so unbeknown to us we had got in the largely Newcastle end by mistake we were all decked in  black and white and it was not until Roy Mc scored that we realised that we were the only one's jumping up and down. We then saw the Newque Brown bottles in some pockets so kept a rather lower profile for the rest of the game and yes it did rain !! As you say though the Train trip home was brilliant - DC top of the league !!

I was on that train too! Spent the afternoon surrounded by blokes shouting " it's a bad bal an al". Took ages to work out that they didn't reckon much to Newcastle's passing ability :) . Some Rams fans got burnt by some kind of acid being thrown after Roy Mc' s goal. It was my first trip to the North East and I didn't think much of the hospitality. Odd that I've spent the last 30 years here.....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southampton away and Southend away during the Billy Davies promo season. Sell outs and awesome. Constant singing by the derby fans.

Sadly the days of taking 4 or 5 thousand to average places have gone due to the cost of football tickets in my opinion.

Archived