Chrissy Martin Derby's Number 9...

JE90

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't he play him more then ?

He gave him a few games at the start of the season to be fair. His all round game obviously wasn't up to scratch though. From what Nowrich fans have said he was far to slow for the Prem so that could be the reason.

I love Nick to bits, proper decent bloke and personally think he's a quality person. But his little gang, in their efforts to improve atmosphere, sadly affect the atmosphere for me by singing cringeworthy, sycophantic and embarrassing songs. We're men, we like to be macho and passionate at football. It's a tribal thing.

They're singing the songs that others sing nowadays.

We used to sing "You'll never walk alone" , "you're gonna get your fkin heads kicked in", "we hate nottingham forest, we hate liverpool too, and Leicester etc". I think those days have gone!

I cringe at some of the new songs but by christ some old boys must have cringed just as much back then!

Its more important that Nick and the boys keep the singing going than not to bother at all. Lets face it, its the younger lads who are gonna be starting the songs off, twas always so,.

The only way to influence it is to get in the pubs at away games and get yer own songs going.

The only thing I would ask for is a bit of humour in the odd song, summat daft and anarchic. 

We defo need a great, inspiring anthem, something that raises the hackles.....

I have poor mental and physical health ATM,.

Sorry to hear that fella. Keep that chin up though. Forums are about opinions and its impossible for an opinion to be wrong.

If you don't like/enjoy a player and 100 people disagree it doesn't mean ****. You like what you like.

Just come on here open to persuasion and others opinions and give your own and we can all get on fine.

It's when people come on here to give opinions and are closed to other possible views that arguments start.

Chin up!! Always

Well here we go again all over one song! 

This is my take, take it as a criticism if you will...

Merry band as its been called etc etc The same merry band if you will that has been going to every away game for the last few years when our away support has been shocking and absolute dire needs lets be honest... 300 at Cardiff, 200 at Boro, 500 odd to saturday games... 

YET

Fans of so many home teams have commented to say we have been the best fans to visit their place.

Forest are in envy of our away support in terms of vocal support.

Yet our fans feel the need to start criticising. 

Reality check needed for some of you!

You know someone starts a song off it gets carried on. Perhaps now with many fans returning that would like some input will pipe up at games and have some influence. Its far more beneficial than coming on a forum and saying this should be done and that should be done.

EKR - You always seem to have an opinion on songs but dont do anything about it. You could quite easily come and stand next to me, shout a song up, you know it would get carried on. You choose not too though but come on a forum and say this and say that.

Derby fans have been doing the club proud for these last few years particularly away from home as I have already said. Join in and have some fun! Get your own songs in the mixer! Its not like they will be ignored, they will be continued.

Nick

I love Nick to bits, proper decent bloke and personally think he's a quality person. But his little gang, in their efforts to improve atmosphere, sadly affect the atmosphere for me by singing cringeworthy, sycophantic and embarrassing songs. We're men, we like to be macho and passionate at football. It's a tribal thing.

Mostyn, your special so get a special reply  ;)

Where are these men then and where have they been for the last few years because I have not seen them?

I know your gonna say Clough and the football were **** blah blah

But whilst these 'men' have been away a hardcore section of fans have continued to travel the roads and its unfair to now start criticising them because said 'men' seem to have started to return going to matches and dont like how its been for the past few years.

I do think the atmosphere has improved all round the ground (even if yesterday was a bit flat) and a lot of that is down to the noisier south stand. Even folks around me in the east stand get involved with a bit of "Barmy Army" etc.

However, the constant songs about Forest are embarassing (aside from whe we're actually playing them obviously).

Mostyn, your special so get a special reply  ;)

Where are these men then and where have they been for the last few years because I have not seen them?

I know your gonna say Clough and the football were **** blah blah

But whilst these 'men' have been away a hardcore section of fans have continued to travel the roads and its unfair to now start criticising them because said 'men' seem to have started to return going to matches and dont like how its been for the past few years.

I've always criticised the cringeworthy songs Nick x

I've always criticised the cringeworthy songs Nick x

HAHA! I know mate but cannot please everyone and the outsiders take on things is that they enjoy them as do many other Derby fans. You cannot please everyone and myself hate certain songs we can do... But if we go down the line of controlling every song that gets sung in an emotion then you can imagine...

HAHA! I know mate but cannot please everyone and the outsiders take on things is that they enjoy them as do many other Derby fans. You cannot please everyone and myself hate certain songs we can do... But if we go down the line of controlling every song that gets sung in an emotion then you can imagine...

just think there are some songs that EVERYONE will join in with, or a larger number than currently sing. Didn't hear a single "We are Derby, super Derby" yesterday, which used to be the answer to "who are ya?"...

just think there are some songs that EVERYONE will join in with, or a larger number than currently sing. Didn't hear a single "We are Derby, super Derby" yesterday, which used to be the answer to "who are ya?"...

It was sung but with no pride or passion.

Gone are the days of this song being sung in reply to that with everyone joining in really meaning it and saying WE ARE DERBY!

Pisses me off that tbh.

Archived