Chrissy Martin Derby's Number 9...

JE90

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You replace Martin with a lesser quality technical player and I don't think you'll see Bryson as effective. You might even struggle to get some football going in the final 3rd.

Bryson has struck up a brilliant partnership with Martin. He loves getting forward knowing that he can trust the control of those around him. The same goes for the other lads. They can build attacks and apply pressure without having to worry about it bouncing off Theo's shin or losing possession within moments.

He's about as good as forwards get at this level. He could perhaps add goals to his game more but all through his career he's played as quite a deep forward. That's just him. He's a dream come true for teammates.

As you can see I'm a big fan. I'd go so far as to say he's one of the last players you'd want to replace going into the PL as he's just a good link man to improve around before lastly trading him out for a more mobile better version

You replace Martin with a lesser quality technical player and I don't think you'll see Bryson as effective. You might even struggle to get some football going in the final 3rd.

Bryson has struck up a brilliant partnership with Martin. He loves getting forward knowing that he can trust the control of those around him. The same goes for the other lads. They can build attacks and apply pressure without having to worry about it bouncing off Theo's shin or losing possession within moments.

He's about as good as forwards get at this level. He could perhaps add goals to his game more but all through his career he's played as quite a deep forward. That's just him. He's a dream come true for teammates.

As you can see I'm a big fan. I'd go so far as to say he's one of the last players you'd want to replace going into the PL as he's just a good link man to improve around before lastly trading him out for a more mobile better version

I can see where you're coming from with Martin. I wouldn't prioritise replacing him. I just feel that SMC loves pace. There's no doubt about it, Martin is so much better at leading the line than the likes of Theo.

Good points alpha. I was not impressed during his loan stint here last season and was disappointed he signed in the summer. However ...... I've been impressed by him. He can strike the ball, hold it up well, has fancy flicks and has the technical ability to play deft passes to create things for others. It's a shame he is rather quite slow but il forgive him if he keeps scoring/ assisting.

Basically what alpha said.

Anyone criticising Martin for lack of goals is bonkers. He must have been an integral part of the build up to a large proportion of our goals.

He looks after the ball as well as anyone i've seen at this level.

Best striker we've had for ages.

I'm pleased with him. Nice to have forward who can actually play.

Of course if McLaren gets someone even better in, then I would be very, very pleased wih Macca. Player with about same ability and who doesn't love lying on the ground as much would do for me.

His back heels prove he is a God, Martin, Martin

He's better when he doesn't look, Martin, Martin

With his fancy flicks, he'll lead the line

And score a goal in injury time

Chrissy Martin, Derby's number 9...

Knight me now for that effort.

Chris Martin's Man Love Brigade. #CMMLB

Archived