Derby County v Birmingham City

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True and neither did Nigel so he's obviously not doing something right. Seems to have some talent but there's clearly something that he's missing for both to consider he's not good enough.

Who would you like to see sacrificed so he could play?

Ward is playing wide on the left and he'll never force a place in the side over him.

If either manager thought that Jacobs was able to play effectively wide on the right he would have dozens of games under his belt but clearly they don't.

Who would you like to see sacrificed so he could play?

Ward is playing wide on the left and he'll never force a place in the side over him.

If either manager thought that Jacobs was able to play effectively wide on the right he would have dozens of games under his belt but clearly they don't.

Well it's between Ward and Dawkins who would drop for him to start. Ward had a good game against Watford so harsh to drop him and apart from his floating crossed balls (sounds painful) I think he's done well this season. Dawkins wasn't all that against Watford and if it was either one to be sacrificed it would be Dawkins. Two problems with that are 1) Watford was Dawkins first bit of football for a while so harsh to judge on that and 2) Jacobs is apparently a more left sided attacker and therefore he may not be up to much on the right.

So however much I'd like to see him have a run out I can understand why he doesn't I guess.

Counting the Ipswich match, we're going at 2 points a game under McClaren, just got to hope it lasts. Another 3 points today and looking at the table, we'd be properly looking like play-off contenders, right now there's still more work to be done.

Sammon earned his chance today and it sounds like he's not done himself any favours. Martin is clear first choice for me and it sounds like we'd have won if he'd still been on.

Disappointing.

Do I hear the deafening sound of bursting bubbles ?

Drawing against the worst team we've played so far at PP (their last 5 away games Played 5 Lost 5)

Well not really McClaren's fault, was it?

Sammon's scored at Watford last week and deserved a chance today. Normally we'd have kept Martin on and probably won, especially as we had several chances at the end. We haven't lost, we haven't played abysmally and it sounds like we've conceded a particularly good goal (ACTUALLY, IT WAS BLOODY AWFUL BOO MCCLAREN OUT, SACK THE BOARD)

Lighten up. (But still lighten up anyway, you should hear the bubbles bursting in Nottingham)

Do I hear the deafening sound of bursting bubbles ?

Drawing against the worst team we've played so far at PP (their last 5 away games Played 5 Lost 5)

No. . . Birmingham have had up and down results all season. However a points a point, and we're still unbeaten under Maclaren. I don't see how that's the bubble bursting, plus if conor bloody sammon could pull his head out his arse we might well have nicked it today. 

Well not really McClaren's fault, was it?

Sammon's scored at Watford last week and deserved a chance today. Normally we'd have kept Martin on and probably won, especially as we had several chances at the end. We haven't lost, we haven't played abysmally and it sounds like we've conceded a particularly good goal.

Lighten up.

errm we gave them the goal.

Archived