most depressing game as a Derby fan

Mostyn6

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say the three consecutive home games against Doncaster, Blackpool and Ssausagehorpe.

Ridiculously cold and possibly some of the worst football we've ever played at PP.

Rember wolves on a Friday night at pride park, lost 3-0 and was about minus 20! Pretty sure huddlestone scored his first ever goal as well, against us though!

Rember wolves on a Friday night at pride park, lost 3-0 and was about minus 20! Pretty sure huddlestone scored his first ever goal as well, against us though!

Don't remeber that game too well but I remember Huddlestone scoring, think it was his debut for as well.

Play off against fester.

Mainly because we should have won. :angry:

The banners on the motorway bridges didn't help. :rolleyes:

Nearly 20 years on and first time I have watched highlights from that game.

The misses from Johnson and Harkes both unbelievable, Jossies mess up even worse. How did we lose that match?

last game at highfield road I think? Followed by 6-2 at their place the following season in the Ricoh?

Can't remember which one of those was the 'beamback' but that was a shambles. Screen too small to actually see, and the coverage was a single camera by a corner flag at pitch level! They did refund it but I remember a mass exodus out onto a silent pride park, all very surreal.

The 4-0 home loss in the cup to Preston during the prem season also sprang to mind - before that it was possible to pretend that it was just a case of us not being good enough for the premiership.

Derby 0-5 West Ham, that Eddie Lewis OG, can understand losing by big scores to Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool as they were top 4 but West Ham at home, joke gone bad.

Didn't they have about 12 players out injured as well?

Most of mine have been mentioned already. So just to be different, Coventry at home in Burley's play off season, was having an awful had to go to work straight after the game, we were playing *****, 2-0 down into the 90th min, I thought b*ll*cks to this and left. I was even more peed off when I found out we drew and I had missed it. The only time I have left before the final whistle :(

Mentioned it in another thread.

Boxing Day 0-2 defeat to Blackpool

Too cold, was never excited and it was like watching a pub match. Atleast most games have either some excitement at some point or at the least quality opposition if you get battered.

Booooooooring and freeeeeeeezing

Going back to home v Plymouth about 1984 quarter final fa cup. We were also on the verge of going out of existence too.

Massive mistake by our keeper (cherry?)

Lost 1-0

I thought that was the last time I would ever see derby play it was that bad at the time

I remember sitting in technical drawing the next day thinking the same.

The one that sticks out for me is that 4 - 1 defeat to Scunny at home. I've never seen such an appalling game of football from us and I've never felt so low from a game of football. 

It also shows how far Jake Buxton has come as a footballer too :) 

I remember drawing nil nil with Cambridge back in the third div days. Might be wrong with the score but it was freezing, small crowd at bbg and the game was as dreadful a display as i can remember.

I know there are some bloody awful days since and i feel like i've been to most of them but that single match sticks in my mind as the benchmark in depressing

Remember the FA Cup tie against Gillingham. It was depressing the fact that it got abandoned after 60 odd minutes because if a frozen pitch. Got home 3am and was up for college at 7am. That's depressing!

I guess the winner has to be either falling at the last hurdle (a playoff or FA Cup semi-final match) or one where we've just been dire for a longtime and it's topped off by losing to someone rubbish at home..

Those 3 home games over the Xmas period against Donny, Blackpool and Ssausagehorpe must take some beating.. Especially after the Ssausagehorpe game, how fecking depressing was that period and it's topped off by a 1-4 home shambles.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-coventry-city-26-february-1997-25552/

FA Cup 5th Round: Derby County 3-2 Coventry City, 26 February 1997

0-2 down after 13 minutes, came back to win 3-2 with a goal in the dying minutes.

Off topic, but I've just watched the 1994 Play-Off highlights and now I'm f**king depressed and need to inject some positivity - lol.

Archived