Calling all old people (Mossy, Froggg etc)

sage

Ronnie Webster.Peter Daniel.You couldn't write it now. And there never was a decent song for John O'Hare.Three legends of 71/75 that rarely get a squeak.

He's here, he's there, he's every fkin where

John O'Hare, John O'Hare.

Then he said in the DET that he didn't approve of swearing. 

So it became

He's here, he's there, he's asked us not to swear

John O'Hare, John O'Hare

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"down by the light (by the light, by the light)

of the silvery moon,

na, na, na, na"

And back to the original thread, the oldest "song" I remeber is the "Dambuster's March". I remember it being revived when we played Plymouth in the quarter final of the FA cup, but it didn't last too long.

wasnt there another version or is my memory failing me /

when we get promotion.

this is what we'll sing,

knees up, knees up, dont get the breeze up,

Kevin is our King ....

?

and sang to land and glory..

'We hate nottingham forest,we hate liverpool too

we hate leeds united, but Derby we love you...

and repeat :)

and..

Oh i do like to be besides the seaside,Oh i do like to be besides the sea

with a chain in me hand i will do a blackpool/whoever fan,besides the seaside beside the sea...

all in the best possible taste of course !

i love these trips down memory lane

Zigga zagga zigga zagga Kevin Hector!!!!!

(not sure which came first, this, or his nickname "Zack")

Same time perhaps.

Peter Terson (a Stokie) wrote the play 'Zigger Zagger' in 1967 which featured it extensively, I reckon that the chant came from that (i.e. we stole it from the Potties). Kevin's nickname (Zac or Zak) - well, that came from trying to read his autograph, I believe, because it certainly didn't look anything like Kevin.

The 'We hate Nottingham Forest' song was penned by Prof (Tony) and Gem (Jeremy) Rogers on the Wheildons bus back in 1967 or 1968.

The 'proper' words were quite clever, but got bastardised over the years.

We hate Nottingham Forest,

We hate City too,

We hate 89 others

But Derby we love you

The 'City' bit was Leicester - it just scanned a little better as 'City'. The 89 others bit - well, of course there are 92 teams in the league and we didn't want anyone to feel left out.

So in answer to those who keep saying that Leicester were never our rivals - they were, you know - at least in song.

The 'We hate Nottingham Forest' song was penned by Prof (Tony) and Gem (Jeremy) Rogers on the Wheildons bus back in 1967 or 1968.

The 'proper' words were quite clever, but got bastardised over the years.

We hate Nottingham Forest,

We hate City too,

We hate 89 others

But Derby we love you

The 'City' bit was Leicester - it just scanned a little better as 'City'. The 89 others bit - well, of course there are 92 teams in the league and we didn't want anyone to feel left out.

So in answer to those who keep saying that Leicester were never our rivals - they were, you know - at least in song.

I  guess as u sing forest and city as 2 in the song then theres us, thats 3 , plus 89 = 92 ?

used to be great in the Columbo singing the name of the villages..... my favorite was S.P.O.N.D.O.N Spondon Spondon... and used to love singing Nether Heage, Nether Heage, Hether Heage.... happy days.

where did the silvery moon song come from?

White Christmas was always great around the festive period, but i do remember some racist versions of it sung around the place too...

It's a long way to Derby Station....it's a long way to go......

Same time perhaps.

Peter Terson (a Stokie) wrote the play 'Zigger Zagger' in 1967 which featured it extensively, I reckon that the chant came from that (i.e. we stole it from the Potties). Kevin's nickname (Zac or Zak) - well, that came from trying to read his autograph, I believe, because it certainly didn't look anything like Kevin.

I'm not sure that's right Eddie, although Kevin did have a very distinctive autograph, largely illegible from memory.

In the mid 60's there was a TV programme on the BBC I think, called 'United'. Jimmy Hill had something to do with it. It was about a second division football team and I think was filmed at the Victoria Ground in Stoke. It was a very early 'footballers wives' type soap without any of the glamour/sex/money etc. it didn't last long.

In that programme there was a character called 'Zack' who was King Kevin like and that's where he got his name from.

I'm not sure that's right Eddie, although Kevin did have a very distinctive autograph, largely illegible from memory.

In the mid 60's there was a TV programme on the BBC I think, called 'United'. Jimmy Hill had something to do with it. It was about a second division football team and I think was filmed at the Victoria Ground in Stoke. It was a very early 'footballers wives' type soap without any of the glamour/sex/money etc. it didn't last long.

In that programme there was a character called 'Zack' who was King Kevin like and that's where he got his name from.

Now you come to mention it, I think that you are 100% correct.

Great days in the Vulcan popside. Only who were those tough roughs from Staffordhire :)

The character i remember from uttox was called "Chester" little bloke with a beard always came in with his mate a taller bloke .. they were always sh1tfaced and always came in at 2.59pm .. everyone knew him and we often did the "we are the rams, we are we are we are the rams " song while jumping up and down as he was always unsteady on his feet .. in fact i think we even had a song about him ...cant remember what it was though ..

Always s..t on the red side of the trent

Where's your bo....ks gone when hit by the ball in a painful place  - ...................... far far away...... 

champagne on ice

Christmas day song

Sign him up for Coronation street

My old man's a dustman  -   Stan Collymore version

halleluya chorus when ref. finally gives us a judgement our way

There's another Forest one I can't remember

I'm in a hurray..............fill in the details yourself.....

Archived