Sam Rush's side of the story

HeyHudson

Ah, so it's the freemasons, is it?

Next you'll be telling us that them down the road are the Knights Templar working in conjunction with the Church of Rome - or will it be the Rapture?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure what WUM stands for? something stupid no doubt from the fans who know **** all about football

No, it's internet parlance for 'wind-up merchant'. Basically the impression that you have given is that you have created an account and are posting just to get a response. NTTAWWT.

(which stands for 'not that there's anything wrong with that')

let me repeat again mclaren walked out on derby for a fatter pay rise..thats the sort of w-anker we have has manager so get real and support the reinstatement of nigel clough!

and clough walked out on burton

I agree with the sentiment, but modern scouting is a little more than "He's pretty good, sign him up."

You need to look into injury records, attitude, personal circumstances, willingness to move or learn a new language, current wage, valuation of the club, and your valuation of the player, coaching references, as well as lots of other info. It's a metric shittone of information, and most of the time you will want to find out that information without letting the club, or any other club know that you are interested.

I think with Clough, and this is not intended as a criticism, quite the opposite, is that he (and his scouting team) tried to play is safe with mainly Scottish and English players. Low risk, low cost. Even the foreign 'gambles' such as Doyle, Gjokaj, and Cwyka were cheap options and therefore very little risk.

It's basic, some say it's a little boring, but it worked for Clough. I'm kind of hoping McClaren brigs us a Kazakhstani striker with an unpronounceable name, who happens to bang in 15-20 a season, for a little added excitement factor.

Maybe he will be a success, maybe he will be a god-awful flop of a manager. I think it's going to be entertaining finding out. Clough is gone, and he's not coming back. Lets cross our fingers, keep attending games and support what we now have.

Yeah, but still - it's not exactly the hardest job in the world being a scout.

As I said, put me in any country and watch enough football I will be able to find a couple of players, surely. As long as a player HAS ability, i.e a good first touch, awareness of the ball...etc then how can you possibly get it wrong.

Other factors come into it, as you say but all you need to do is research and ask questions - absolute doddle! I'd be ashamed of myself if I couldn't find a better left back than Forsyth in all honesty.

People are gonna talk about Nigel Clough - he's now part of DCFC's history, we can't airbrush him out. The divide will always be there, some fans think he did a good job some don't. There is absolutely nowt anyone can do about that, no one on here (who is voiciferous either way) has changed their stance over the last year or two and will not do so in the future.

I know, from my own experience of watching and supporting Derby, that he has done a good job in difficult circumstances (to quote Sam Rush). I also know that some fans think the exact opposite.

We don't have to agree! It doesn't matter! We all think we are right!

ffs!

So what you're saying is "Zzzzz"?

let me repeat again mclaren walked out on derby for a fatter pay rise..thats the sort of w-anker we have has manager so get real and support the reinstatement of nigel clough!

He left to go to the joint biggest club in the world on big money. You won't find enough people to work for a football club if you don't employ people that do things like that.

He went on to help win a European Cup, Championships and domestic trophies. Off the back of that he moved into management. Thanks to that he had great experiences at Boro and Twente. Not to mention England manager.

Would any of this of happened if he stuck by Derby? Would his career have been so satisfying and would he have earned as much money to support his family and grandchildren.

This is football. Loyalty is rare. I love loyalty. But you have to accept that people want to further themselves.

Kris Commons could have played against Jay Tabb and Daryl Murphy and co on Tuesday. He played against Xavi and Iniesta and Neymar. Last year he played against Messi.

The only problem I have with Commons is how he insisted he wants to stay. How he went to his boyhood teams rivals when it was a sideways move. But I still quite like him tbh.

Igor left, Idiakez left. These players seem to have held affection for Derby since leaving. "Business is business" so they say

Yeah, but still - it's not exactly the hardest job in the world being a scout.

As I said, put me in any country and watch enough football I will be able to find a couple of players, surely. As long as a player HAS ability, i.e a good first touch, awareness of the ball...etc then how can you possibly get it wrong.

Other factors come into it, as you say but all you need to do is research and ask questions - absolute doddle! I'd be ashamed of myself if I couldn't find a better left back than Forsyth in all honesty.

Please name three realistic players we could sign today instead of Forsyth???  Don't get me wrong I'm sure there's hundreds cus as a left back he's decidedly average at best...

TobyWanKenobi

Ronnie is right, there are no excuses for not beating a poor Leeds team on Saturday. If we do, I'm sure he will acknowledge that McClaren is a step up, if we don't it remains a dubious appointment.

The fact remains though, that his first act as for us, was to give a team talk that saw us come back from 3 goals down. It's not conclusive of anything, but it certainly is a positive start.

I'm feeling a bit smug with this one right now, although there is a long way to go, McClaren certainly seems to have had a massive positive impact on the team.

Did anyone see the big screen before the game where they showed a clip of McLaren walking into a dressing room and then showed the three second half goals v Ipswich?

Colin Gibson is the new Alistair Campbell  

I think I know who you are now, Mr Icke "Son of the Godhead"[/size]

Are Steve Mac, Sam Rush, Roger Davies and Craig Ramage reptillians from Draco?? :blink::blink:

Has anyone else noticed that in one of the DNA adverts featuring a rams fan.....the fan is Gareth Icke who says his dad played for coventry......i.e. David icke.

Has anyone else noticed that in one of the DNA adverts featuring a rams fan.....the fan is Gareth Icke who says his dad played for coventry......i.e. David icke.

Gareth posts on here... it's no secret who his father is. I go to matches with him and he's Rams mad.

Archived