Zak Whitbread

Boycie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buxton has been head and shoulders above Keogh this season.

If we want to give Whithead a proper run in the team, then Keogh must be the fall guy.

Why drop our second best performer this season, for the second worst? would be a senseless decision made on reputation.

Buxton wasn't playing in the right position people. Do you think the mistakes he made in the first half would have occurred if he was playing as left CB?

Agree with this.

However it is unacceptable for a footballer to give away a goal because he does not want to use his weaker foot. That's the sort of thing that should be saved for u10s

Was an own gaol wasn't it??

I thought that too, but then again I'm blind. Must be the patent Happy Clapper rose-tinted spectacles.

Was quite clearly fouled for the first goal. We should never have been put in.the position of having to defend a free kick if Buxton had defended properly instead of trying to do things beyond his capability.

We always get **** refs. How didn't he give freekick is beyond my understanding.

Agree with this.

However it is unacceptable for a footballer to give away a goal because he does not want to use his weaker foot. That's the sort of thing that should be saved for u10s

Agree with this. Good point

Buxton wasn't playing in the right position people. Do you think the mistakes he made in the first half would have occurred if he was playing as left CB? 

left or right CB makes no difference when he stood still and let their player run all the way round him for one of the goals - he had a shocker, but credit to him for keeping going and having a much better 2nd half....

left or right CB makes no difference when he stood still and let their player run all the way round him for one of the goals - he had a shocker, but credit to him for keeping going and having a much better 2nd half....

Well it does and did. He clearly looked out of place and uncomfortable playing there for most of the first half. If he played like that in his natural position I would have been furious. 

Well clearly I need to re-watch the first goal when the full 90 is up, because in my eyes it was never a foul in the first place to give away the free kick - their player was holding off Buxton but making no attempt to get to the ball, Buxton was trying to get round him to get the ball - the foul is obstruction. At worst it was a 50-50.

Pretty the same thing happened a few minutes later down their end and the ref, who I don't think got a decision right the first hour,   totally ignored it.

From where I was it looked like he just stooped down hit his head and went in.

Noticed he was quick to blame someone else though.

Looked like he was claiming he was pushed rather than blaming someone. Best player in the first half by a million miles, rest of them had their heads down and were sulking. Was disgraceful to be honest

Archived