Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody talking about these supposed connections he may have in other countries.

Need I remind you all that McLaren will have to do something he has never ever had to do at any club he has managed. Find bargain basement players who can come in for next to no transfer fee and be expected to enhance the current playing staff.

He walked out on Forest as they wouldn't sanction the loaning of two Premiership players. Let's see how he likes not having the ability to compete financially with the other clubs in and around the Championship because that is what Clough had to do.

Neil Warnock would have been a better choice and I would have been too happy with that but at the very least he has proven he can do it at this level with little or no cash.

It's all quite a silly situation, I have to laugh at some of the people who openly criticised Clough now disgusted at the potential appointment of McClaren.

Funny because most of the criticisms of Nigel were about how poor he was tactically, how bad his coaching set-up was and how negative he was.

Surely in McClaren you have someone who is a proven world-class coach and tactician. By this virtue are we not guaranteed to improve? Assuming of course that it was Nigel's tactics and coaching set-up that were holding back all this time and not something else!!!

I've said I was happy with the job Clough was doing, it felt right to me and I was fairly comfortable with the way things were going. However, he's gone and we have to move on.

I think  McClaren is an excellent coach, he has a lot to prove after a few poor stints as manager elsewhere and hopefully he can have the supporting structure around him to make progress. He'll have to work incredibly hard to win over the fans and the players but hopefully he's up to the task. Hopefully he can continue in the vain in which Nigel has set us going and turn good performances into points.

I'm a bit ambivalent about the whole situation but I'm sure I will come around in time. Good luck Schteeve

Nigel Clough will just be his normal restrained self. Which proved the point when he arrived at the training ground in a hire van to collect his stuff.

Sam Rush has confused me today. On Radio Derby before 8am he said 'Head Coach' then at 1pm news he said 'Managerial appointment' So what is it to be?

Also I have a feeling Pulis will be the Director of Football or whatever they wish to call it

Can't wait for Clough's side of the story to come out TBH. Let's hope he's as honest in his criticisms of the board as he has been his criticism of the players at times

Knowing Clough, he will keep a dignified silence.

Archived