New Manager?

Catch 23

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been looking at the favourites for the job on sky bet. If we appoint Appleton or Mcclaren then we are going to stay the same as the last 5 years - mid table Championship team. I just fear with this board that it will be exactly that kind of appointment. They'll be after another cheap yes man. Which rules anyone out with any kind of proven record. Pulis or O'Neill for me, even if it wouldn't be pretty to watch.

Just been looking at the favourites for the job on sky bet. If we appoint Appleton or Mcclaren then we are going to stay the same as the last 5 years - mid table Championship team. I just fear with this board that it will be exactly that kind of appointment. They'll be after another cheap yes man. Which rules anyone out with any kind of proven record. Pulis or O'Neill for me, even if it wouldn't be pretty to watch.

That's optimistic - I have us down for at least 1 relegation with either of them.

Havent seen any posts on here saying that Pulis might not even want the job? Not sure how large his ego is but he is by rights a proven Premiership manager, why would he come to us? I didnt see Mark Hughes dropping down a division and I rate Pulis as a far better manager than Hughes

McClaren or Appleton won't get 5 years.

Whoever is coming in is going to be expected to get us challenging in the next 12 months. No more long term plans.

There's a lot of pissed off fans at the moment, who are not going to give the new manager a lot of time to settle.

Agreed about Pulis maybe not fancying the job.

Clough's remit appears to been to get the club promoted on a pittance. What manager in their right mind would come to a club with little or no money available for transfers and a squad of only 17 fit players made up of mainly academy players come good and lower league players brought in for next to nothing.

I've heard Sean Dyche's name been mentioned. Get real would you! Burnley are at least as bigger club as we are.

I cannot really think of a name currently out of work who I'd like at the club but if the board make a mess of this one they could quite easily rip apart the four plus years of very hard toil that Clough and his management team put in building foundations.

What is needed methinks

Sell Hughes to create the capital to create a team of players good enough.

Bring in ANY manager with contacts and transfer deal ability who also has a plan b!

Pulis has the experience to get us out the league it will not be popular though

McClaren has not a clear enough record in this league but has contacts

Poyet would work and has proven transfer skills

Appleton would be good..... And cheap

In the long run it will be looked on as a good day for the rams feel sorry for Clough he has done an amazing job given resources available. Many teams would be in div 1 in the same circumstances. He has been conned by the board like the rest of us

Pulis is one of the most passionate managers out there. I recall a stoke game where he turned up to manage the team halfway through the first half despite his mother passing away earlier in the day.

I remember this. And there's people already writing him off and other potential managers off before they even set foot here. Time to move on people!

If they were happy for a cheap yes man why did they not just stick with Clough?

Archived