Fed up of Clough

rammieib

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously I'm over here and you lot are over there so your knowledge about your football leagues are on other level than mine. Could somebody make a list of good managers that probably would be interested to sign with us knowing what kind of backing they would get from the board ?

No idea but then how many people would have mentioned Jim Smith at the time or even Brian Clough? In fact if Nigel wasn't Nigel how many people would have listed a non-league manager as a replacement at the time? All I mean is this talk of "who out there is better?" We don't know but then it's not our job to know or find out. Like it's not our job to scout the world leagues to find players we can afford. I doubt many Arsenal fans would have heard of Wenger all those years ago.

So to answer. We'd have to put the advert out for a manager. See who applies, look at their CV's and see their ideas in interviews. Our range of knowledge of managers is too limited to answer.

Obviously I'm over here and you lot are over there so your knowledge about your football leagues are on other level than mine. Could somebody make a list of good managers that probably would be interested to sign with us knowing what kind of backing they would get from the board ?

1) Nobody would be thick enough mate.

Saying thaaaaat, who knows what could happen?

Allan's book could become a world best seller? Igor's next song could go multi platinum? I might invent something which makes billions?

So yeah.

Very frustrating with Nigel. He has a decent squad he has put together on not a great budget and has so many strong points to his management. But lets himself down with a couple of weak points that he never learns from and they cost us time and time again. 

Yesterday was a perfect example, we played really well first half some lovely attacking football & deserved to be leading at the break. Then in the second half Nigel Pearson notices it's not going well & changes it at half time with 2 changes (something Clough rarely/if ever does). Then it's attack vs defence in the second half & then Pearson brings on Knockaert to really go for it & how the 3 subs changed the game for them. Us on the other hand, we are on the back foot & Clough does nothing to try and change it, I understand sometimes it's natural for players to drop deep, but then it's down to the manager to change it & try and bring the pressure off and Clough did **** all! Apart from bringing Jacobs on in the 90th minute!! As soon as Knockaert scored the free kick Clough just sat there and sulked with his head in his hands.

We keep getting in really good positions or playing well to get in good positions and ******* it up from not being able to defend! Everyone talks about how we need a new centre half which I agree with but what about our full backs!? Forsyth is having a dreadful season, Smith's been fairly inconsistent when had the chance & same with Freeman.

Ive stuck by Clough for the past few years because of the **** we was in but surely pressures got to start rising on him if we lose on Saturday!

Last point all the talk about our away attendances & to me last night proves why our support is so poor sometimes. Fantastic support last night loudest I've heard us in a long time, but will a lot of the people who went last night go to Watford? No probably not, because most are fed up with how negative we are away from home and despite our good away form you can't blame them! Traveling the country to watch Clough sulk if we concede and not to **** all about it. Massive shame because when we turn out like we did last night there aren't many supports better!

12 goals in our first 4 away games is negative?

I am more fed up with the owners, they should cough up , or fess up.

Cough up a few million,(one is nowhere near enough), or fess up that they have no intentions of doing so, and fook off.

Do you really need them to come out and say 'we are not going to spend over £2million per season'?

All well and good them fooking off but who is going to cover the losses then?

Yeah I was lost on that point too. How anyone can say we're negative this season is beyond me. The first game against Blackburn maybe. But that element of our game isn't a problem for me.

Blackburn was at home, it is our negative away form the poster was commenting on to explain our poor away attendances!

All this 'if Nigel wasn't Nigel' stuff.

Course it wouldn't be a lower league manager.

Clough knows the club. Supports Derby. Family from Derby, knows the area. Understands better than many outsiders the ridiculous position we were in thanks to Jewell, and has been prepared to make the most of a pretty thankless task.

It's not because his name is Clough. It's because he knows Derby. IMO that will have been a huge USP to the owners. And I think they are the right sorts of reasons to go for someone (that, coupled with a highly succesful record with Burton, albeit non league).

I think it's utter b*llocks that he's here on the strength of his surname but I think his connection with the club and the town played a part. Whether that's appropriate is down to opinion. To me it is.

All this 'if Nigel wasn't Nigel' stuff.

Course it wouldn't be a lower league manager.

Clough knows the club. Supports Derby. Family from Derby, knows the area. Understands better than many outsiders the ridiculous position we were in thanks to Jewell, and has been prepared to make the most of a pretty thankless task.

It's not because his name is Clough. It's because he knows Derby. IMO that will have been a huge USP to the owners. And I think they are the right sorts of reasons to go for someone (that, coupled with a highly succesful record with Burton, albeit non league).

I think it's utter b*llocks that he's here on the strength of his surname but I think his connection with the club and the town played a part. Whether that's appropriate is down to opinion. To me it is.

Did I say it was due to his name?

Don't blame  it on Metgod

Don't blame it on Crosby

Don't blame it on Garner

Blame it on Cloughy

He just can't, he just can't,he just can't do anything right.

I thought Nige blamed it on the boogie. He brings him on late on in a game, but he is the only player who gives goals away. 

If we don't get rid of him soon the name "Clough" will be remembered for all the wrong reasons at this club.

A lot of people of my generation are not sold on the name Clough anyway.

Growing up for me consisted of 2 Cloughs, one the manager of Forest and one number 9 for Forest, why would I have any major affinity to the name Clough?

Or over 5 years we have improved by 8 places (1/3rd of the league) if I gave you a sequence of numbers like 18-16-14-12-10 would you not expect 6 to be too far ahead in the sequence?

Don't look like breaking the sequence? Its not even the end of September!

Poor Moyes first season in charge and Man Utd won't even make Europa League based on this theory.

So in another 5 years time we will be 2nd and promoted. Yippee

A lot of people of my generation are not sold on the name Clough anyway.

Growing up for me consisted of 2 Cloughs, one the manager of Forest and one number 9 for Forest, why would I have any major affinity to the name Clough?

Will be a shame though when the name is associated with failure.

Archived