Fed up of Clough

rammieib

Oh Okay.But clearly thats an argument for those who doubt his man management the fact he thinks about how the players would feel about the player first.

Hang on I kind of get the impression you think I'm against Clough here. I think he is the right man for the job and am praising his recruitment getting players in that have good team chemistry.

However I think it is clear we need players with a bit more bite instead of being the derby side full of nice guys that play good football. Which in fairness is why Clough got in Martin, Grant and Eustace.

I now think we need one of those type of players at the heart of the defence.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on I kind of get the impression you think I'm against Clough here. I think he is the right man for the job and am praising his recruitment getting players in that have good team chemistry.

However I think it is clear we need players with a bit more bite instead of being the derby side full of nice guys that play good football. Which in fairness is why Clough got in Martin, Grant and Eustace.

I now think we need one of those type of players at the heart of the defence.

No i think you make valid points.I would like someone who is 6ft 4+ or someone the size of shittu and the aggression of Cattermole.But realistically we dont have sufficient funds to get someone.Then those who say would have rather spent money on Cb than russell,martin etc.So you rather be a team that cant score but has an okay centre back and could loose 1-0 or a team thats exciting to watch and how the ability to out score its opponents say 3-2.

The bits where i am making a point is towards the clough haters reading this not you shabash your alrite

No i think you make valid points.I would like someone who is 6ft 4+ or someone the size of shittu and the aggression of Cattermole.But realistically we dont have sufficient funds to get someone.Then those who say would have rather spent money on Cb than russell,martin etc.So you rather be a team that cant score but has an okay centre back and could loose 1-0 or a team thats exciting to watch and how the ability to out score its opponents say 3-2.

The bits where i am making a point is towards the clough haters reading this not you shabash your alrite

Ha cheers.

The CB position is a difficult one. Should we have got one in.

We were interested in a CB, Baptiste. But as soon as we missed out on him that was it. We don't know behind the scenes wether we went in for another CB but to me it looks like we didn't really try.

Now we need one there are none.

Why did we not go in for another CB after missing out on Baptiste is the big question.

Ha cheers.

The CB position is a difficult one. Should we have got one in.

We were interested in a CB, Baptiste. But as soon as we missed out on him that was it. We don't know behind the scenes wether we went in for another CB but to me it looks like we didn't really try.

Now we need one there are none.

Why did we not go in for another CB after missing out on Baptiste is the big question.

Didnt baptiste turns us down because he didnt want to play right back yet hes playing there for bolton and in the bottom 3.I agree with alot of people that have 2 centre backs and John E to fill in if we need to in the hope OB and Barker will be back is very risky as what if when OB comes back he either has a knock back or one of keogh or Bucko gets injured then we are short again.But from my own understanding and knowedge Josh Lelan was sent out in the hope he would come back and be around the first team squad.Still not that experience wanted at the back but ovbiously thats what barks would bring.

Didnt baptiste turns us down because he didnt want to play right back yet hes playing there for bolton and in the bottom 3.I agree with alot of people that have 2 centre backs and John E to fill in if we need to in the hope OB and Barker will be back is very risky as what if when OB comes back he either has a knock back or one of keogh or Bucko gets injured then we are shot again.But from my own understanding and knowedge Josh Lelan was sent out in the hope he would come back and be around the first team squad.

Sam Rush said Baptiste turned us down because Bolton offered him eye watering money for this division.

Questions must be asked why we didn't go in for another CB.

We knew about the Barker and Obrien situation before the Baptiste interest so that can't be the reason.

Eustace as cover is ok but Baptiste would have started.

I can't get my head around this one.

Keogh cost 1.5m, we sold shackell for less and Morgan went to Leicester for less. Both are far better. It isn't that we can't afford a replacement.

Keogh 1.5Million? i thought it was 1.2

2.Keogh was 26/27 morgan and shackell are 30+ 

Keogh has risen value purely for being capped international player.

Morgan went to leicester according to forest fans to help the club survive thats why it was a lower fee.Then they have recently been bidding 2m+ to get him back so ...........

Sam Rush said Baptiste turned us down because Bolton offered him eye watering money for this division.

Questions must be asked why we didn't go in for another CB.

We knew about the Barker and Obrien situation before the Baptiste interest so that can't be the reason.

Eustace as cover is ok but Baptiste would have started.

I can't get my head around this one.

I heard the baptiste thing on RD when we played them.I think we lost out on certain targets as clough mentions during the Loan window video that certian loan targets got fixed up permanently and when the season started to the end of the window i think he felt that Bucko and Keogh were doing alright and therefore could make do until the loan window or even january.But honestly a decent back on loan from the prem now would be on 15k+ i potentially saw us going for Jos H at Southampton but he got named in their 25 squad and scored in the League cup today.I would like with the success of Michael keane at leicester to go for Andre wisdom but i feel that liverpool would use that deal to open up talks of Will hughes and if they are smart to get first refusal.

Payer of the season... Tyson. Sat on a 10k whack doing cock all! ;)

Player of the season, Keogh. Voted by the fans. The fans who love a trier. I don't think he's as good as Barker first was, nor Shackell first was/is. Age is now slipping away from his side, he's not performed well enough, overlooked by average CB's for Rep Ireland. I don't see why anybody would offer more than £1,000,000 for him. Really average. Isn't a leader despite being captain. Error prone. He does those 50 yard headless chicken runs and tackles than fans love which seem to overlook alot of his downfalls. I like the bloke, can't knock his commitment, I just don't think he's anything other than an average Championship defender. 

Payer of the season... Tyson. Sat on a 10k whack doing cock all! ;)

Player of the season, Keogh. Voted by the fans. The fans who love a trier. I don't think he's as good as Barker first was, nor Shackell first was/is. Age is now slipping away from his side, he's not performed well enough, overlooked by average CB's for Rep Ireland. I don't see why anybody would offer more than £1,000,000 for him. Really average. Isn't a leader despite being captain. Error prone. He does those 50 yard headless chicken runs and tackles than fans love which seem to overlook alot of his downfalls. I like the bloke, can't knock his commitment, I just don't think he's anything other than an average Championship defender. 

I think its more a bad combination.Keogh is actually fairly quick and hold a higher line but lacks strength.Whereas bucko is slow and cant hold a higher line but he tbf is in the best condition i have seen him.But because we dont have the quickest full backs 

3/4 can be caught out over top thats why the fullbacks often push in and allow the players down the side instead of through the middle and when we did stay out wide and not pushed in the Ings goal happens both freeman and Buxton got brushed past.

I will say that tactics will not make poor individual performances any better, it's just the way it is sometimes, like today there were far too many players just struggling to get themselves in first gear.

Poor concentration, poor energy levels... just looked half arsed, but then again so did leicester.

Knockaert added a bit of quality, but that's what you expect from a french under 21 international - who has a lot of raw explosive ability! and their second goal is just a massive piece of luck, a flick like that works out about 1/100 times - annoying as it is, sometimes you have to accept it.

Set out the same way for Forest, but the players HAVE to be better - Clough for me isn't to blame at all, but everyone has their views. I just think 'tactics' are talked about too much, players fluctuate in quality, both opposition and our own - their levels of concentration, ability and luck(at times) all go high and low. 

What I will commend Clough for is going about the system the same way, building a solid foundation - but, ultimately if your team isn't on point on that particular day, you can get your tactics and match notes spot on and still lose 4/5-0.

they are coming off a defeat and being knocked out aswell.We might already have edge depending on the way they set up if they change to stop us then in our heads we should believe mentally we are 1-0 up and attack them really fast for the opening 10 minutes and make the crowd and defenders nervous.I think certian players will up their game.

Lets all get behind the lads this week Clough haters or not.Send messages to players e.g giving them that buzz and confidence.

COYR

Clough isn't very good at either though...

Whoever is manager is going to have different ideology than yourself though, no manager ever will be agreeable with everyone.

people have their own method, and idiology, and I don't discount myself from this - but, I know whoever is manager I will just disagree with, and would have done things differently - it's football for you!  :lol:

Archived