Fed up of Clough

rammieib

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have summed it up in a nutshell there G-STAR we cannot defend and we are not clinical enough in front of goal. The people responsible are the players and the management team who bought them ,selected them for games and told them what positions and tactics to deploy.

I believe that the sands of time are running out for clough and the majority of objective rams fans will come to look back on him as one of the worst managers the club have ever had.

To a certain extent. Look at the reaction of alot of people on here when we signed Russell. Now when he goes through one on one and hits it to the opposition goalie how does Clough have any control over that? Or all of a sudden is he a bad player and a bad signing?

Defensively we are sh*te and I can't believe nothing has been done about it. If it is that which stops us from progressing then ultimately I agree Clough should fall on his own sword.

if Clough left now I would have very few highlights from his managerial stint in charge, however, in years to come we might really reap the benefits of the seeds he has sown.

I just can't agree when people come on here and say we have not progressed in 5 years. We have a young team that actually tries to play attractive football and a team that is worth tenfold the squad that Clough inherited.

Not saying we are great but if you compare todays squad to the one that got tonked by Ssausagehorpe at home they are poles apart in my opinion.

I can't even explain how gutted I am, the atmosphere was incredible, we battered them first half and the fans were class.

Awful place to give away a free kick Sammon at fault there.

Second goal another cheap free kick. And whoever let Drinkwater get to the ball first wow just wow.

Credit to the club for the free coaches made for great atmosphere.

I just can't believe we lost

1.Clough is on low wages compared to other managers.

2.We have one of if not the smallest squad.

3.Brayford money went towards Smiths wages and paying off the Shight

4.We have currently one of the best u16s in the country with a constant list of scouts coming.

5.Forest is full off Prem rejects.If Jack hobbs is such a good signing why isnt he playing for Hull why are they using him.

6.We are making good movement towards clearing debt surely an overhaul of players would disrupt that.

7.When we go up we want to compete and have a chance to stay and try an establish the club.

8.Swansea went through 4 years of changing the philosophy of the club and they spent money a swell.

9.Bolton are wanting to finish top 3 they only have 3 points whos "Shocking".

10.you saw the mess of QPR buying alot of champ players just to go up but realising they are ONLY Champ players so they went and spent another fortune to stay in the league.

Take a reason from here and Move on......

We've not invested to improve a squad that finished 10th. How do you expect us to suddenly be top 6?

I just don't get why fans are focusing on the manager. We don't have a top 6 playing budget, I doubt we have a top half playing budget. Any anger should be directed at the poor strategy being employed by the owners / board, not the manager.

We're Derby, why have we got American owners anyway? They don't care about Derby.

We have bought what most would have expected to be a better goalkeeper, what many thought was a great striker and replaced our right back with a right back that has just been given a new 3 year contract at Totteham.

How can you say we have not improved the squad?

And if these players have not improved the squad, why did the manager buy them?

We have bought what most would have expected to be a better goalkeeper, what many thought was a great striker and replaced our right back with a right back that has just been given a new 3 year contract at Totteham.

How can you say we have not improved the squad?

And if these players have not improved the squad, why did the manager buy them?

Grant better tha Fielding ? A GREAT striker ? GREAT ? what constitutes great in your football world ? and a full back that (on loan) that cant get in his first team ?

We've not invested to improve a squad that finished 10th. How do you expect us to suddenly be top 6?

I just don't get why fans are focusing on the manager. We don't have a top 6 playing budget, I doubt we have a top half playing budget. Any anger should be directed at the poor strategy being employed by the owners / board, not the manager.

We're Derby, why have we got American owners anyway? They don't care about Derby.

I think they do care about the long term stability of the club. What ı think you mean when you say there is a poor strategy here is that they haven't thrown millions of pounds at us in the hope of getting promoted. Why should they do that in any case and be willing to waste their own money? Would you? If there was some other investors waiting in the wings to do that then yes they don't care about the club but the fact is there isn't a sugar daddy, tycoon willing to take over and splurge the cash so in the meantime this seems the only sensible/realistic approach. 

Grant better tha Fielding ? A GREAT striker ? GREAT ? what constitutes great in your football world ? and a full back that (on loan) that cant get in his first team ?

Well Grant was player of the year in a team that finished above us and has played at Premier League level I believe, Fielding was very average/poor last year so yes I would expect that to be an improvement.

I'm not saying I thought Russell was great (never saw him before he joined us) but yes there were a lot of people on here saying how great a player he was...check the thread if you don't believe me.

Well Ryan Bertrand was on loan in this division 2 seasons ago and then went on to play in a Champions League final. Do you not think the fact Smith has been given a 3 year contract by someone who possibly knows a bit more about football than me and you at Tottenham may indicate he is a highly rated player?

To a certain extent. Look at the reaction of alot of people on here when we signed Russell. Now when he goes through one on one and hits it to the opposition goalie how does Clough have any control over that? Or all of a sudden is he a bad player and a bad signing?

Defensively we are sh*te and I can't believe nothing has been done about it. If it is that which stops us from progressing then ultimately I agree Clough should fall on his own sword.

if Clough left now I would have very few highlights from his managerial stint in charge, however, in years to come we might really reap the benefits of the seeds he has sown.

I just can't agree when people come on here and say we have not progressed in 5 years. We have a young team that actually tries to play attractive football and a team that is worth tenfold the squad that Clough inherited.

Not saying we are great but if you compare todays squad to the one that got tonked by Ssausagehorpe at home they are poles apart in my opinion.

I have to say that i was one of those supporters who was excited by the Russell signing but i had never seen him play. I read that he was good but had not watched a dundee utd game. If he turns out to be a failure then he joins an ever growing number of clough signings that have risen without a trace and again he must accept responsibility for that.

I see what you are trying to say about the team trying to win playing attractive football but the win record under clough shows that they are failing in the task, if you want an example of what you are getting at the look no further than Swansea. They went from 3rd div to prem playing fantastic football, deliverd by a team that did'nt cost a fortune.

The difference between them and us was a very good chairman who wanted to get promoted and a talented manager/managers who could spot talent and deploy it effectively.

Well Grant was player of the year in a team that finished above us and has played at Premier League level I believe, Fielding was very average/poor last year so yes I would expect that to be an improvement.

I'm not saying I thought Russell was great (never saw him before he joined us) but yes there were a lot of people on here saying how great a player he was...check the thread if you don't believe me.

Well Ryan Bertrand was on loan in this division 2 seasons ago and then went on to play in a Champions League final. Do you not think the fact Smith has been given a 3 year contract by someone who possibly knows a bit more about football than me and you at Tottenham may indicate he is a highly rated player?

you must be right !! Grant is brilliant - Russell is GREAT and know you throw Bertrand into the pot who has nothing to do with DCFC sums up your defence of NC !!

Archived