Fed up of Clough

rammieib

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Playing as a team"--We play some best football in the league constantly being given comments by other managers and other fans as an excellent footballing side.We are a team built upon good team spirit.

No we don't. 

Don't try and use propaganda on me. I'm more than capable of spotting that we are a team of many different units doing their own thing and not as a collective.

anybody that doesn't think that the side is improved on last season is delusional. 

The problem we have is that teams in the league have started to take notice of the excellent football we play and are exploiting it to their advantage.

You only have to look at the team when they come on to the pitch to see that we are lightweight and if you bang some big burly defenders, midfielders and strikers on the pitch that we will be outmuscled.

That and although our teams has improved, so have most of the other teams around us!

again, as right as you think you are, the tea lady and physio don't need to master the art of ball control, the under 11s don't need to be competitive against the Leicester striker tonight etc etc so again, irrelevant.

If we were relegated, do you think the good things, like an u16 who is good, mean anything? 

No but that u16  in a year could be sold on for millions and therefore give us money to go out and buy a player.Football is bussiness and we currently are creating assets.

"If we were relegated"-Are we near relegation honestly  :angry: Have you seen Charlton,Millwall,Sheffield Wed this season.We are club that can only move up with our structure we havent taken risks.We got further in the league club than we have for the last 3 years surely thats an improvement in its self and now we are getting relegated.

"Playing as a team"--We play some best football in the league constantly being given comments by other managers and other fans as an excellent footballing side.We are a team built upon good team spirit.

We are a team that has the best team spirit in the league, great. Yey we are all in it together.

At the end of the day 3 points will create team spirit.

We are a team that has the best team spirit in the league, great. Yey we are all in it together.

At the end of the day 3 points will create team spirit.

So if a team looses 8 games on the spin then picks up a lucky 1-0 to get 3 points are they going into the next game thinking they trust eachother.Seriously come on now..

anybody that doesn't think that the side is improved on last season is delusional. 

The problem we have is that teams in the league have started to take notice of the excellent football we play and are exploiting it to their advantage.

You only have to look at the team when they come on to the pitch to see that we are lightweight and if you bang some big burly defenders, midfielders and strikers on the pitch that we will be outmuscled.

That and although our teams has improved, so have most of the other teams around us!

the team hasn't really improved. the personnel have improved, but the team isn't much different on the whole, in fact some would say it's regressed. Certainly defensively. I think Grant is a better keeper but I don't think he's made a save in the last five games!

Jacko let me get this right - we are better than last year but other teams know that and stop us playing to such a point they play better than us - we are light weight team so ther teams put bigger players on to ut muscle us - but we are better ?

We have bought what most would have expected to be a better goalkeeper, what many thought was a great striker and replaced our right back with a right back that has just been given a new 3 year contract at Totteham.

How can you say we have not improved the squad?

And if these players have not improved the squad, why did the manager buy them?

We improved the goal keeping position in my opinion....then we had the the lucky dip signing of our latest SPL gamble Russell, Forsythe the winger signed to be a full back, the ageing Eustace who was ***** the last time he played for us, the prolific Martin with one decent goal return & that in Div 1, & the spurs whizz kid who is so well thought off he out on loan yet again....

Sorry dont hold that we we have improved our squad in my opinion, we have just gone out & signed another load off lucky bag signings....& we let our main right sided threat in Brayford leave..

Why did clough sign em, because they were cheap in my opinion, if he really wanted them, then maybe I would have to re-evaluate my opinion of him... 

G Star - I think it because no manager can ever be that naive to see that there are so many individual mistakes that the current back four doesn't boss's the game. I believe that he is using a combination of A) refusing to say we need to sign others to try and keep the current back four happy and feel good and B) I think he is towing the line again with regards to being a puppet to the owners.

By waiting for Barker and OB the season has fast become (ing) a write off. Also, why talk about Richard Dunne pre season if you don't think you need a centre back.

I think an informal conversation was held then when Dunne either said he had no intention of joining Derby or he said he wanted 20k minimum and Derby didn't even bother with a formal offer.

Either way, it all boils down to bad management for me!

Jacko let me get this right - we are better than last year but other teams know that and stop us playing to such a point they play better than us - we are light weight team so ther teams put bigger players on to ut muscle us - but we are better ?

If a team is better than the other then they focus only on how they perform but if a teams main objective is to stop the other team playing they clearly fear if we get the ball into good areas we can beat them as we are better with the ball.

So if a team looses 8 games on the spin then picks up a lucky 1-0 to get 3 points are they going into the next game thinking they trust eachother.Seriously come on now..

No that's not my point.

Team spirit is good and all but 3 points is much more important. If the players hated each other and got promoted, you wouldn't find many complaining.

We have an unbelievable team spirit I agree but we should buy players for their ability and then it should be a bi-product of good recruitment from Clough buying no players with massive egos.

No that's not my point.

Team spirit is good and all but 3 points is much more important. If the players hated each other and got promoted, you wouldn't find many complaining.

We have an unbelievable team spirit I agree but we should buy players for their ability and then it should be a bi-product of good recruitment from Clough buying no players with massive egos.

You are agreeing with a poster above that we dont "Play better as a team" yet your asking clough to buy players with masive egos because they are going to be team players right.

If a team is better than the other then they focus only on how they perform but if a teams main objective is to stop the other team playing they clearly fear if we get the ball into good areas we can beat them as we are better with the ball.

Exactly! in all of the games we have lost so far, we haven't been played off the park due to the opposing teams ability. Most of the goals we concede are against the run of play. 

G Star - I think it because no manager can ever be that naive to see that there are so many individual mistakes that the current back four doesn't boss's the game. I believe that he is using a combination of A) refusing to say we need to sign others to try and keep the current back four happy and feel good and B) I think he is towing the line again with regards to being a puppet to the owners.

By waiting for Barker and OB the season has fast become (ing) a write off. Also, why talk about Richard Dunne pre season if you don't think you need a centre back.

I think an informal conversation was held then when Dunne either said he had no intention of joining Derby or he said he wanted 20k minimum and Derby didn't even bother with a formal offer.

Either way, it all boils down to bad management for me!

Yet he is in the press saying he is looking for a right sided midfielder?

Our style is built on hard work and pressing the opponents.why would he buy a player thats only waiting for the ball to be given to him.Why is Mourinho putting Mata out of the side to destroy him?NO to make him realise that i believe you can be better so show me in training and the chances you get.Hes done the same with jacobs.

Football is a team game.Only Real madrid have tried to build a team of egos.Not every player in the side has to be world class.Its takes 1 player to win the game but 11 stop from loosing.All this talk about Slating players.1.They are Men not little boys.2.They have competition for places and need to step up.3.He wouldnt slate the centre backs as thats all he has.

You are agreeing with a poster above that we dont "Play better as a team" yet your asking clough to buy players with masive egos because

they are going to be team players right.

No no no no.

I would never want Clough to get players in with big egos, I love the fact that we have good team spirit and that is a great asset to have. Yes we play better because of it.

What I am saying is we should not sign somebody on whether they will be a good team person over their footballing ability that's all. I'm not saying oh go buy Joey Barton or players that have big egos but look at their footballing ability first

No no no no.

I would never want Clough to get players in with big egos, I love the fact that we have good team spirit and that is a great asset to have. Yes we play better because of it.

What I am saying is we should not sign somebody on whether they will be a good team person over their footballing ability that's all. I'm not saying oh go buy Joey Barton or players that have big egos but look at their footballing ability first

Oh Okay.But clearly thats an argument for those who doubt his man management the fact he thinks about how the players would feel about the player first.

Archived