Cardiff fans in red shirts...

uttoxram75

Just watched Motd2 and realised how many Cardiff fans were wearing their new red shirts. It was far from a majority but still a good number who have gone and bought the red shirt.

I always think of Cardiff fans as working class die hard loyals yet many have gone and sold their soul to the corporate god of high finance and bought the new red shirt.

I'd like to think if we got took over by new owners who rebranded us as the Rams Reds or some such bollux, that most of us would not buy into it, yet looking at Cardiff, would we?

Not on about second or third kits here but the complete change of club colours to suit a new owner.

I feel sad and disappointed that Cardiff fans have accepted this so easily.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we changed from Blue and White to Black and White in the 70s. We've never been the same. :(

We also changed from black white to blue white, roughly around the same time as our purple patch.

Maybe we should revert? saying that we're predominately white, so I doubt many would really notice.

Back on topic, I wouldn't buy the shirt certainly not (not that I do too often now) but, I'd still support the club and want them to do well, and still go to games. It makes me laugh when you seen 'well Cardiff are doing well, haven't spent much either' which brings a smile to my face baring in mind they changed their whole image for that 'investment' - it's not exactly 'citeh' esc is it?

Saying that they have the best right back in the world playing with his thumbs at home, so that's at least something.

It's shocking the amount of red shirts there.

The people wearing them will say "it's just a shirt" but when does it end?

Just a shirt.

Just a badge

Just a name

Just a few stuck in the mud fans

When does the club you support become another club? Would DCFC still be DCFC playing in red and called Derby Spitfires with a plane as our badge?

How could you not feel alienated. If you're going to support a brand new club you might aswell make it City or Chelsea or something.

Sell outs. Probably kick off about it if they ever drop down for long again. Be on here looking for 'support'.

Sold their souls. Disgusting.

And yes im sure one of you will make some ridiculous comparison to us having foreign owners.

Eh? we have foreign owners too  :lol:

I do find your owners quite shady, but, I think at least he has the fans interest at heart at the minute. I don't think listening to Jim Price is the best idea, as they seem to be basing their whole strategy on his advice - aren't you slightly worried about that? or the FFP in anyway?  :ph34r:

I think Jim Price is full of ****, and some of his tweets are very worrying. Although it must be noted, hes the GM not a CEO or Chairman or anything like that, so no idea what the FL is upto.

Cardiffs fanbase are disgusting. Sold their arses to the Malaysian devil for a couple of cheap years getting pumped in the Premier League.

Id rather go back down to league One then change shirt colour, logo name or anything like that.. Think id protest even if they did something relatively minor like selling the name to the City Ground. 'We had no choice because of administration' Well we had to sell all our best players to fund the club and went down and did our time as did Sheff Wed, Southampton, Pompy and Leicester and Leeds (although those two were kicking and screaming mind you).

If that happened at Forest or Derby do you think the fans would lay down and accept it? Id like to think not because we're not tinpot and have histories and standards!

I think Jim Price is full of ****, and some of his tweets are very worrying. Although it must be noted, hes the GM not a CEO or Chairman or anything like that, so no idea what the FL is upto.

Cardiffs fanbase are disgusting. Sold their arses to the Malaysian devil for a couple of cheap years getting pumped in the Premier League.

Id rather go back down to league One then change shirt colour, logo name or anything like that.. Think id protest even if they did something relatively minor like selling the name to the City Ground. 'We had no choice because of administration' Well we had to sell all our best players to fund the club and went down and did our time as did Sheff Wed, Southampton, Pompy and Leicester and Leeds (although those two were kicking and screaming mind you).

If that happened at Forest or Derby do you think the fans would lay down and accept it? Id like to think not because we're not tinpot and have histories and standards!

Agree with this.

Luckily, when we had to sell all our best players we had a manager good enough to keep us up...

Id rather go back down to league One then change shirt colour, logo name or anything like that.. Think id protest even if they did something relatively minor like selling the name to the City Ground. 'We had no choice because of administration' Well we had to sell all out best players and went down and did our time as did Sheff Wed, Southampton, Pompy and Leicester and Leeds (kicking and screaming mind you).

If that happened at Forest or Derby do you think the fans would lay down and accept it? Id like to think not.

It seems like Jim Price is advising everything though, everything down to the media blackout to the financial proceedings

I saw his 'FFP is illegal and unworkable' tweet, and alarm bells were ringing - maybe he is right though? I don't know - be interesting to see what happens to your lot now - for me you're the benchmark for the FFP regulations and what they are all about.

So good luck, I'm hoping they aren't smoke and mirrors and you get severely punished for over-spending but it probably won't effect you at all! :angry: . 

I doubt it will. We aren't the only culprits.

Didn't Leicester spend 12 million in one summer? 5 Million on Matt Mills alone? We're nowhere near that. People forget we sold Gunter, Morgan, Guderioura for big money and let other players like McCleary and McGugan go..

Id rather go back down to league One then change shirt colour, logo name or anything like that.. Think id protest even if they did something relatively minor like selling the name to the City Ground.

Really? red is a pretty crap colour and that logo...let's me honest now it's not great is it?

Really? red is a pretty crap colour and that logo...let's me honest now it's not great is it?

To be fair, teams who play in red are usually more successful than their neighbours. Vincent Tan may have a point.

Man United > Man City

Liverpool > Everton

Arsenal > Tottenham

Bayern Munich > ... erm.. Leverkusen?

Forest > Derby

England > West Germany 1966

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6097954/Why-teams-in-red-win-more.html

Archived