Cardiff fans in red shirts...

uttoxram75

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that happened at Forest or Derby do you think the fans would lay down and accept it? Id like to think not because we're not tinpot and have histories and standards!

Thing is, when you're struggling you get a core fanbase. But when somebody buys the club and pumps money in you get an extra 15,000 people appear that will buy an illuminous green shirt with a caravan badge.

The club owners won't care about me or you. They've got a new breed of fans.

Sooner or later me and you will either stop protesting and go away or give in and join the new crowd.

It's disgusting and clubs should be protected.

Or form their own club.

FC united of Manchester have been fairly successful in a short space of time haven't they? But you are, the new breed of franchise fans replace the old

Yeah that's what I'd prefer. A new club. Be more fun than battling to finish nowhere with 15 other PL clubs. Wondering how many years you can stay in the top flight.

Shouldn't have to be ignored like that though. Poor real Cardiff fans who have waved goodbye to the club they stuck by through a lifetime. Their seats taken by a Cardiff casual who couldn't tell you who's played for them for the last 10 years. A casual being a bloke who just reads the score and only supports them now because the city is buzzing with Premiership football. Probably never felt that gut wrenching feeling as a 90th min winner goes past your keeper. But he's there for the ride now. Feeding the franchise.

Shouldn't be allowed. And the real Cardiff fans that have stuck by the club... well, what can you say about them? They'll be kicking up a fuss when the buzz wears off. Or when Cardiff owners are bored and Cardiff are back to playing in a lower tier. Those fans have given their consent though.

Archived