Adam Smith??

Boss

I know Freeman had a poor half against Burnley but before that he'd played well and I'm struggling to see what Smith offers us that Freeman doesn't. I'd much rather us play Freeman than someone who's only here on loan for the season when there's nothingg really between them talent wise.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't freeman playing well until he had a bad half at one of the games?

On smith, he seemed confident on the ball(stepovers, taking a man on etc). But there was a constant pressure of them putting the ball in the air to his corner; and he very rarely, if at all won a header.

And his crosses in the first half were very, very poor.

We are desperately missing Brayford. Very disappointed in Smith today, very poor crosses when he had the time and space. Seems a nice lad but from what I've seen always likes to cut inside rather than take on the opposition down the flanks - a la Brayford. Freeman is the better option for me.

For me, Freeman is still raw whereas Smith has Championship experience under his belt. The fact he's recently signed a new contract at Spurs says a lot about his quality... 

There are parallels to be drawn between him and Tom Carroll, it takes time to adapt to a more physical and direct Championship. The argument about playing your own player (Freeman) doesn't add up for me, its about picking the best player at your disposal surely?

Smith is a very good defender, he is quick, and his runs forward are great. Yesterday he had no support for large parts of the game. You cannot expect an attacking full back to do his job when there is no support in right midfield. He had no-one to overlap all game and feed the ball to down the line. For an attacking defender, defending is still priority. I am sure he would have loved to have attacked down the line more but when there is no-one covering him, he is not going to. From what I have seen of him, he has a real quality and we need to exploit it and not hinder it. 

+I would say that he is the quickest player with have both over 10,30 and 100 yards. 

How many mistakes did he make? 

Struggling to see the attacking quality? Every time he got forward he crossed the ball into the crowd? Not saying he's a bad player I just think if we have someone in on loan then they should be quite a bit better than what we already have

Struggling to see the attacking quality? Every time he got forward he crossed the ball into the crowd? Not saying he's a bad player I just think if we have someone in on loan then they should be quite a bit better than what we already have

He's better defensively than Freeman and fir a defender that's important

One off game doesn't erase his good attacking in the previous two.

Smith is a good player, I think he'll do well for us and wouldn't look out of place at a Prem side from what I've seen.

The system we're playing isn't doing him or Forsyth many favours in my opinion, they're a bit exposed and don't have a stock easy ball down the line to play. Whilst Smith is happy to carry it, Forsyth looks a little uncomfortable when given a bit more time on the ball deeper.

Smith will do alright for us this season, there isn't a lot between him and Freeman except Smith seems that bit more ambitious and confident and better at carrying the ball.

Archived