Artur Boruc has targeted a Champions League spot with Southampton this season

Day

Southampton goalkeeper Artur Boruc thinks that Southampton can secure a Champions League spot this season.

The South Coast club spent £35million on players during the transfer window and Boruc thinks a top-four spot is a realistic aim.

Speaking to the Southern Daily Echo, Boruc insisted there is nothing wrong with having lofty ambitions.

Boruc said: "It might sound weird, but if you really, really think about this, I would not say we are worse than any other team in England, so why not?

"If we're going to work hard, if we are going to believe in our work, we may be there. I am always dreaming about the Champions League. Obviously it is going to be tough but I think there is a chance towards the top of the league.

"I mean, why not win the title in the future? It sounds like something unbelievable and now it may be, but if you believe, it may happen. We do believe so hard we can achieve it."

Southampton travel to Anfield on Saturday to play Liverpool.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11065/8932267/artur-boruc-has-targeted-a-champions-league-spot-with-southampton-this-season

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julio Cesar made similar claims when joining QPR.

See, this is what happens when they forget the script. "Obviously it's a massive club with great fans and as soon as I knew they were interested I wanted to come".

Don't let them say anything else!

Mental.

Absolutely mental.

I think Southampton could pinch a top half place, and a good cup run - and even that is optimistic. 

To really think they could finish top 4, to me suggests disillusion thinking, and is enough to warrant him being sanctioned - nearly as bad as Dev out of Coro saying Forest will soon have a third star above their badge :lol:  

Mental.

Absolutely mental.

I think Southampton could pinch a top half place, and a good cup run - and even that is optimistic.

To really think they could finish top 4, to me suggests disillusion thinking, and is enough to warrant him being sanctioned - nearly as bad as Dev out of Coro saying Forest will soon have a third star above their badge :lol:

At least Southampton are in the right division/competition to make the claim. Dev's claim is like Cloughie saying we will win La Liga soon.

Never say never in football. Only takes one oil tycoon to fall in love with Derby

Southampton didn't need an oil tycoon and neither did Swansea. Maybe developing a football club and teaching players how to play football the right way could replace the oil tycoon to a certain extent?!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived