Cyclists

derbydan

Need to do one quite frankly, they take the piss on the roads thinking they are bloody bradley wiggins in their overly tight spandex. 

Then when they get into scuffs drivers are the Devil!

This story and the way has been reported is prime example! 

A cyclist has gone into the back of a car that braked suddenly & the driver (Stoke City's Steven Nzonzi) is being painted as the devil despite the fact that if a car drove into the back of another car, the driver of the car hitting the first car would be at fault!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419831/REVEALED-Stoke-international-midfielder-Steven-Nzonzi-Premier-League-footballer-hunted-police-cycle-crash-probe.html

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to do one quite frankly, they take the piss on the roads thinking they are bloody bradley wiggins in their overly tight spandex. 

Then when they get into scuffs drivers are the Devil!

This story and the way has been reported is prime example! 

A cyclist has gone into the back of a car that braked suddenly & the driver (Stoke City's Steven Nzonzi) is being painted as the devil despite the fact that if a car drove into the back of another car, the driver of the car hitting the first car would be at fault!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2419831/REVEALED-Stoke-international-midfielder-Steven-Nzonzi-Premier-League-footballer-hunted-police-cycle-crash-probe.html

Rubbish. More cyclists is only a better thing imo.

Having said that I do understand some frustrations with cyclists, but there are plenty of terrible drivers to even things outs. It's more about good road users vrs. bad users. And if you feck up on a bike, you're far less likely to hurt someone else then if you're driving a car. 

Can I just say that my dad's a lycra cyclist, been doing it since he was a lad, in a few teams and competes most weekends, even holds a few records... I know, I know.

Anyway he doesn't stop banging on about this new breed of cyclist. He admires them for actually getting out there and getting fit but can't stand them for the way they are.

"All the gear but no idea" he says.

"Gotta start somewhere dad"

"********, they're dangerous"

They're bullies anorl.

Went with them a few weeks ago (I was the support vehicle but just bombed ahead)

About half way we stopped off at this pub on the welsh border and there was this big lad panting in the car park. He had an eddy merx covered in sky stickers and dressed in a sky all in one race suit and sky socks, sporting a sky helmet.

Next minute the chubby cyclist got on his phone and shouted "no, put your mam on... look, you're gonna have to pick me up love, think I'm gonna have a heart attack"

So all the ***** I was with started laughing, then the clown of the group shouted

"Fookin hell Wiggo, you've let yourself go since 2012".... I just ran off crying :lol:

Oh yes - people who cycle on proper roads to GET fit need to bugger off. Buy an exercise bike for you front room if that's all you want to do.

Once you've got the physical ability to cycle more than 5 miles at a reasonable pace, think about getting on the roads - until then I don't want to see your flabby wide arse hanging off the back of your bike seat whilst I'm forced to drive behind you at 10mph waiting for a gap in the oncoming traffic!

At our last home match at the traffic lights out F&B's. Packed road, lights went red, they all stopped except the cyclist who sailed straight through while we were crossing.

Listen you idiot, the rules of the road do apply to you aswell you know. Don't want to follow them? Well get fookin walkin then cos on a bike you're putting pedestrians at risk of being hit.

Do one.

regardless if you were following that vehicle in your car & crashed into him you would be at fault not the person breaking

Regardless, if someone crashed into the back of you in a car because you opted to pull up illegally - you would still a) check the other road user was ok and b) exchange insurance details.

Even if in the eyes of the law the cyclists was in the wrong, the driver here was the bad road user and deserves all the flak he's getting.

The cyclist is at fault here because he has to treat the road and the conditions the same as everyone else.  You are taught to expect cars to stop suddenly when you are in built up areas, you expect kids to run out between cars when schools are kicking out etc etc.  Just because you are on two wheels does not exempt you from applying common sense.  Also most road bikes, even the ones owned by lycra wearers are worse at stopping than a car.  A car will stop in a shorter distance at 20 or 30 mph than 90% of road bikes.

As for the driver, what a #dick (last leg reference), he should have just come clean and asked for the cyclists insurance details and let them sort it out........

Cyclists have no requirement to be insured. So if one hits you you have to claim through your insurance company who sue them for the costs. Or get them pay for damage (which usually means hoping the name and address they gave you is correct)

While I'm at it - those cyclist who bitch about drivers not checking blind spots while turning left can do one. A clue to keep you safe "never undertake a car that is indicating left or is in the left turn only lane"

Archived