Cyclists

derbydan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They piss me off - especially that one tosser who was riding on the A38 a ocuple of years ago!

I don't understand why cyclists cannot just use the path either (If they are a slow rider), obviously not doable in a a city centre but most paths around the country are empty!

Because cycling on pavements is illegal

You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.

Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & R(S)A 1984, sect 129

https://www.gov.uk/rules-for-cyclists-59-to-82/overview-59-to-71

I'm a cyclist + a driver and want to get something off my chest ..... there's no such thing as "ROAD TAX" - so i wish people would not use it as part of the anti-cyclist argument ( ie. bloody cyclists, they don't pay bloody road tax so they shouldn't be on the bloody roads )!

It's "Vehicle Excise Duty" ( VED ) so is effectively a tax on owning a car - and low emmision cars don't pay any VED, so according to some people they "shouldn't be on the bloody road" either.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of bad drivers and bad cyclists, but I do have to say I think there are more good cyclists than good drivers.

There, that's my 2p's worth.

• 10 months later...

Oh yes - people who cycle on proper roads to GET fit need to bugger off. Buy an exercise bike for you front room if that's all you want to do.

Once you've got the physical ability to cycle more than 5 miles at a reasonable pace, think about getting on the roads - until then I don't want to see your flabby wide arse hanging off the back of your bike seat whilst I'm forced to drive behind you at 10mph waiting for a gap in the oncoming traffic!

5 miles? :DDDDD

Archived