John Brayford to rejoin?

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was put on the dcfc site about half an hour ago.

Rams boss not expecting much activity at Pride Park.

[indent]We’re expecting to end the window with the same first-team squad we’ve got now."

Nigel Clough

[/indent]

Nigel Clough says he expects the transfer window to close at 11pm today relatively quietly from a Derby County perspective – but he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of dipping into the emergancy loan market when it opens for business next week. 

Clough has bolstered his squad six new signings since the summer transfer window opened in May.

Lee Grant (Burnley), Chris Martin (Norwich City), Johnny Russell (Dundee United), Craig Forsyth (Watford), Adam Smith (Tottenham Hotspur) and John Eustace (Watford) were all recruited prior to the start of the 2013/14 campaign.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/clough-expects-quiet-end-to-window-1029639.aspx#3PtX1fBM2ZZRGoT2.99

Clough's not one for lying to try and make signings is he? i'd have thought if he said he wasn't expecting any activity, he really wouldn't be expecting any activity.

Cardiff have found that Brayford isn't the defender that Derby fans cracked him up to be. He looks good going forward but defensively he is just average. We certainly haven't weakened our defence by letting him go.

In any event why should we be upset if he went to another club? We offered him a new contract and he refused to sign it so thank you John, cheerio, close the door on your way out. He thought he could better himself and he is now in the wilderness.

Imagine if he went to another championship club though? If be absolutely fuming.

Significantly weakened our defence by selling him, not replaced him and then strengthened another rival teams' defence.

Yeah, I would - incredibly pissed off.

I think there is a good chance that Brayford has been told he is allowed to leave and I have no doubts he has reached out to Derby to get him back. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him move today in one form or another.

If he signs for another championship club I would be seething! 

Cardiff have found that Brayford isn't the defender that Derby fans cracked him up to be. He looks good going forward but defensively he is just average. We certainly haven't weakened our defence by letting him go.

In any event why should we be upset if he went to another club? We offered him a new contract and he refused to sign it so thank you John, cheerio, close the door on your way out. He thought he could better himself and he is now in the wilderness.

Don't be daft - we've weakened our defensive side incredibly by letting him go, and there is no conspiracy. He was our best defender by a country mile, getting him back would be one of the best pieces of business we could possibly do today! 

Listening to JB's parting interview, I actually think it would have been Nigel as much as anyone else who persuaded him to test himself at that level.

It definitely stuck out as quote I heard from him.Something like "I've worked with the gaffer for a long time now and he thought it was about time I tried to make the step up.

There would be no shame at all in coming back, 99.9% of us didn't want him to leave in the first place. He was a big part of what we'd built here and any chance to get him back through the doors we should snatch with two hands.

I can't see it happening, but it should. After the weekend blip, news of Brayford coming home would be a massive, massive boost.

That's surely complete tosh, the reason Brayford is apparently available is because there is 2 other RB's in front of him so why would they bring another in?

There is that... as much as I like him, does it serve him right?  :ph34r:

Archived