well done lads tonight

B4ev6is

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignore the haters b4, they are gonna hate no matter what.

As you said it was great to see Smith on the scoresheet and people must have been too blind or choosing not to see it.

If we can start to beat teams 3-0 and 5-0 home and away every week then there is no reason why we shouldn't win the league and all of the cups.

I know that was a weak team but look at bradford who would. They come so close to winning it there selfs last season. When a team like theres it gives me hope. And the team we have this season can beat anyone.

They got dicked by about five goals didn't they? Not sure how close that counts as. About as close as Brentford came to winning last night, as it happens.

Also, have I lost the fecking plot? In my mind the goals last night were Martin, Sammon, Hughes, then Sammon then Martin.

Smith's shot went wide.

smith played well, maybe trying to impress with his diagonal runs. may get caught out a bit a times, we'll see. nearly a good goal but not quite b4.

anyway i enjoyed the song/chant in the last 20 minutes, very brazilian, but couldnt really tell what was being sung.

actually i maybe the only one to say it but i thought brentford played well at times. they're number 7 saunders was the key play maker and clarke the winger skinned forsyth for pace several times. after 15 minutes they had a corner count of 3 to 1. was a bit disappointed the number of times we kept passing back to the centre backs or the goalie when we were in their half.

martin is the centre forward we've needed for 4 seasons.

We genuinely have a chance in this competition - just because no team really takes it that seriously.

Swansea Vs Bradford was the final last season, we've made the semi-finals before..etc 

I'm not saying we will, but I think any strong championship side in this competition with the right application can get on a solid run. 

One big plus point I'm taking from last night is Sammon. Having just watched the highlights I reckon last he would've taken a touch before both his goal chances and not have scored. He looks like he's got some confidence back which is good news if either Russell or Martin pick up an injury or have a dip in form.

It does need to be restated that we played Brentfords entire reserve side minus the goalie last night so we shouldn't read too much into the result, but the main positives are that It's good to see Sammon hitting the back of the net for the confidence it will give him if nothing else. Nice little buzz building in the back of the recent results, just need to beat the good sides in the same way as well as the poorer ones.

I don't think we should ever be in a position to have to dig in. I'd like to see us finish games off in the first half with goals from Russell and Martin. 45 minutes to get 3 goals between the pair of them isn't asking much is it? If they are not capable I suggest we bring back Callum Ball and give him a chance, I think he looks a top player and could play for England one day.

Archived